Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    [-(
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    and there is another reason why i am not a big fan of maynard....why even tour with Tool and APC if he isn't going to put the same effort into it as puscifer
    Because Tool is a different thing then Puscifer <_>
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    im not saying he should act the same way...im saying he should put in the same ammount of effort...oh well i will take a new album soon tho please! lol
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I'd review Dying Fetus/Goatwhore later this week

IF IT WASNT CANCELED.
    image Photobucket
    So what's the deal with that faceless dying fetus tour
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    edited March 2012
    Children of Bodom/Eluveitie/Revocation/Threat Signal-3/3/12-Starland Ballroom, Sayerville, NJ

So, for like a month or so, I was debating on going or not because I had seen Bodom before and had (and still have) midterm work to do. I'm glad I went. Left my apartment at 3pm with my friend Ryan, derped around in Freehold for a few hours, picked up an Asian kid, got lost a few blocks from the venue and ended up at some factory. Fucking Sayerville sucks. Got to the venue about 15 minutes before doors opened. Bought an Eluveitie shirt and Bodom beanie. We made our way to the center right where the pit would open. Lights went down at 7.

Threat Signal-Didn't really care about these guys and still really don't. They weren't terrible, but the singer sounds like he's trying to sound like Chester Bennington of Linkin Park. They should have just let the bass player sing. Small pit opened behind us. Some guy slammed on my right ankle really hard. I'm still limping from that shit. 4/10

Revocation-My friend Susan found us right before they went on. She had decided to give up drinking that night. I had only heard a few songs of these guys before, but even if they sucked musically, the singer would make me like them regardless. Crowd surfing began. Singer kept yelling funny shit like "This is an instrumental. Imagine a field of vikings! It's like Skyrim! But the dragons have tits! Show me your fucking chalices!" and "One of these demon women with fuck you!". Great opener. 7/10

Harlot
    Cradle Robber
    Dismantle the Dictator
    Age of Iniquity
    Across the Forests and Fjords
    Conjuring the Cataclysm
    No Funeral

Eluveitie-They were the main reason I was attending. As soon as they ripped on stage, the place got packed. Susan and I got separated from Ryan and the Asian kid Chris when they went toward the front and Susan and I made a beeline to the craziness in the pit. I crowd surfed 3 or 4 times. There was a bunch of people jumping in the pit so Susan and I joined them. I literally jumped out of my shoes and nearly fell on my ass when I was trying to pit them back on while leaning on Susan when a bunch of people tried to pick up Susan to crowd surf. I so want to see these guys again. Would have loved for them to play waaaaaay longer. 9/10

Otherworld
    Everything Remains As It Never Was
    Nil
    Kingdom Come Undone
    Havoc
    A Rose for Epona
    Meet the Enemy
    (Do)Minion
    Quoth the Raven
    Inis Mona
    The Liminal Passage

Children of Motherfucking Bodom-My 4th time seeing them. It was my friends' first time seeing Bodom, so I warned them that it might get a bit crazy. And it did. Opening up with my favorite fucking Bodom song, Sixpounder, Susan I ran right into the craziness of things. Moshed quite a bit. Surfed 3 or 4 more times. Susan and I just running all over the place, picking up random people and launching them. Ended up in the 3rd row after my final surf for the encore. They kept trolling us by playing Bon Jovi. Alexi kept on yelling at them to stop but they didn't listen. :)) Fuckers. Might have been the best time seeing Bodom. 10/10

Sixpounder
    Are You Dead Yet?
    Silent Night, Bodom Night
    Kissing the Shadows
    Shovel Knockout
    Living Dead Beat
    Everytime I Die
    Deadnight Warrior / Hate Me!
    Blooddrunk
    Angels Don't Kill
    In Your Face
    Lake Bodom
    Hate Crew Deathroll
    Bodom After Midnight
    Downfall

Ryan and I during Hate Crew Deathroll. I look like a hot mess after headbanging and surfing all night, but fuck it.

We all went to a diner afterwards after getting seriously lost for like a half hour. Got myself some bacon, ice cream and coffee. Now I am still limping on my right ankle, my neck hurts like a bitch and my upper left leg is throbbing. All worth it.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    No hatebreeder? No thanks!
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    edited March 2012
    Thats a good bodom Set

Needs silent night, bodom night though
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    lol, Bodom's been reduced to playing one new song.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    No hatebreeder, and no needled 24/7? No thanks!

Fixed.
    It was great because some of the Bodom songs I hadn't seen before. I had a blast.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    So what's the deal with that faceless dying fetus tour
    The faceless dropped off. The Toledo show was canceled but the show by me is still going on.

Oh and good review Britt
    No hatebreeder, and no needled 24/7? No thanks!

Fixed.
    They always do them, so fuck it.

Oh and good review Britt
    \m/
    So the faceless aren't playing on the 10th here in Kentucky then? The fuck is that. I ain't going then
    That's a lie britt they didn't do them when I saw them [-(
    edited March 2012
    Then you need to see them more, because I saw them play those songs 3 times previous. B-)

Edit: Just checked. I haven't seen them play Hatebreeder. Whatevers.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    false metal concerts [-(
    [-(
    \:D/