Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    oic yeah that would be awesome but they would never schedule it... also X and cincy are prob not even gonna make the tourney sooooooo
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Over the weekend they were talking both teams will make it. With x losing that will probably change. Cincy I'm pretty sure will be in
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    it depends on there end season rpi's and conference tourney play, they could easily both not make it
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    *Xavier

Dear God, Ape.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Late for the hatebreed pick convo... I found a used pick on the ground last year wayyyy in the back, so I'm guessing it was someone else's loss.
    image Photobucket
    I'll spell it how ever I damn well please jay
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    edited February 2012
    Then it's not Xavier. b-(
    You're gonna die clown
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    god forbid/generation kill/darkness descends/the doomsday prophecy/a lesson in violence

a lesson in violence - didn't care for their music but their sound quality was pretty good.

the doomsday prophecy - i liked them. descent sound quality.

darkness descends - awesome show! really good entertainers. great sound quality. i loved the "super slow mo mosh pit" =)) . if anyone gets a chance to see them on a tour or festival i'd recommend you watch them just for that LOL.

generation kill - good band. pretty entertaining show. good sound quality. i got 3 picks from them LOL.

god forbid - awesome! great entertainers. sound quality was a bit off. i could barely hear the vocals. but still a good show. during the middle of their set the bassist handed me his pick probably cause i was going fuckin' nuts while they were playing lol. at one point they lost power to their equipment and someone on stage had a bunch of shots on a tray and one of the guys walks over to me and handed me a shot \m/ . while the power was out i asked the bassist for some water cause i know bands get free water put on stage for them and i was really thirsty and didnt wanna lose my spot to go to the bar and get some water so he went to the back of the stage and grabbed me a bottle of water which i thought was pretty awesome of him. and they filmed their music video for one of their new songs while they were playing. they played the song twice. the first time the cameras were mostly on the band but the second time they were filming the crowd a bit and theres a pretty good chance that i might be in it because i was going extra crazy to help make their video look cooler and one of the cameras was in my face multiple times. that'd be the shit if i was in it! lol
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited February 2012
    I rarely take the time to put effort into a review of a show. So here we go....

Puscifer - Baton Rouge 2/25

The performance began at 8 pm — it was the first show I’ve been to in a while that began right on time. Carina Round — singer, songwriter, and, incidently, one of the members of Puscifer — was the opener. Her gorgeous voice reverberated through the theater, and I looked around, wondering what all of Maynard’s devotees thought of her rock-tinged pop sound. They were paying attention, and appeared to be enjoying themselves quite a bit. I’m personally looking forward to hearing her forthcoming album (which comes out May 1st). She’s got a lot more going for her than being a backup singer for Keenan, that’s for sure.

After her short set, a screen came down and hovered in the center of the stage. Hilarious skits featuring Keenan’s character Billie Dee, a blond piece of redneck of trailer trash that drinks every day until 6 am. These skits punctuated most of the performance; in between songs we’d be treated to a laugh.

After seeing the first skit I expected the band to come out dressed in costumes, acting as these characters, but they didn’t. The first person to come out on stage was Keenan wearing a trench coat, and a cowboy hat, dragging an Airstream trailer behind him. He ducked into the trailer and began pulling things out of it, explaining how many of the songs came into existence by a campfire as he set out lawn chairs, folding tables, and a grill in front of the trailer. A screen behind him displayed an image of a desolate desert road. Keenan stated that people go to the desert to either find themselves — or lose themselves — and that’s what the performance that evening, and the creative process, is all about.

Carina Round climbed out of the trailer to big applause and helped Keenan set up the rest of the set. Eventually they dragged a platform with a drum kit, a drummer, and some instruments on it onto the stage. It was surreal to see them dragging their gear around like that. It was quite intimate in a goofy sort of way, the whole act of setting things up seemed very unpretentious of them.

In between songs the skits on the screen had the audience cracking up. Periodically Maynard or Carina would walk over to the lawn chairs and have a seat to casually sip a beverage and watch the skits on screen or their band mates perform. It was a very relaxed atmosphere. The crowd had a great time, and so did I. I highly recommend catching Puscifer live if they come through your town.

Intro / Maynard's Monologue
    The Green Valley
    Tiny Monsters
    Vagina Mine
    Dozo
    Toma
    The Rapture
    The Weaver
    Rev 22:20
    Potions
    Momma Sed
    Oceans
    Monsoons
    Horizons
    Conditions of My Parole
    Man Overboard
    Telling Ghosts
    The Undertaker
    ---Encore---
    Tumbleweed
    Post edited by NOLA on
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited February 2012
    It's laughable watching him perform with Tool and APC these days compared to what he does with Puscifer. Blew both recent Tool and APC shows I've seen out of the water. No, I'm not exaggerating. He puts so much more effort and emotion into each perfomance. Carina Round is wonderful as well. Ridiculously talented. Highly considering catching another show in this run. Last night left me speechless for the most part. Just brilliant. Some of the most creative stuff I've seen.
    Post edited by NOLA on
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Holy shit, Chevelle was fucking crazy. Def one of my favorite shows ever. Review tmrw.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    and there is another reason why i am not a big fan of maynard....why even tour with Tool and APC if he isn't going to put the same effort into it as puscifer
    For poor souls like me who would take any kind of Tool show :D lol
    tool is still amazing regardless
    Tell me another joke funny man
    Tell me another joke funny man
    Hush. b-(
    No