Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    you wont get it lmao
    we ended up not going to the block party
    imageimage
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Lame
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    you wont get it lmao
    thats gay as fuck. DAMMIT ALEX!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    you wont get it lmao
    thats gay as fuck. DAMMIT ALEX!
    Meh. I got free zoo tickets out of it... so I saved roughly $56 within 24 hours lol.

My reasoning was because when I went there, I basically dragged her to Summer Slaughter, so I figured I wouldn't do the same thing while she stayed here.
    I love winning with women
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    besides, we were having such a good time playing games with his friends family
    imageimage
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Sorry Alex I didn't know you were a bitch now.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    ............ >:D<
    >:D<

If it was last year's artist (Jimmy Eat World), I would have absolutely insisted that we go. Fortunately, Gin Blossoms plays here a lot, often free of charge, with this being their hometown.
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    In Flames--Royal Oak, Mi--January 13th, 2012

Well here it is my first show of 2012 and it is In Flames/Trvium/Veil Of Maya/Kyng and I was pumped for it. This show was at the Royal Oak Music theater and I have never been there before. We got to Royal Oak about 10 minutes before doors and it was nice to see that people were out on the streets unlike when your down at a venue like Harpos. We got in line and within 20 minutes we were inside the venue. As we got in the venue I picked up a In Flames tour shirt and headed down to the floor.

Kyng was up first and because of Trivium's and In Flames drum kits were already set up so Kyng had to play in one of the corners of the stage. Nevertheless they rocked I had only heard one of their songs before so they were completely new to me. They have a sludgier feel to their music which I really liked. Kyng had great sound even though their wasn't much movement during their set it was a great way to start of the night. I would not mind seeing them again. 8/10

In between Kyng and Veil Of Maya I look to my right and see Jay standing there I acknowledged him and he waved. I look back up at the stage and look back and he is gone about five minutes later I see him over at the left end of the stage and we see eachother and does his Jay Face.

Veil Of Maya was next up and I was excited for the crowd to start moving. Veil Of Maya to me are a tolerable deathcore band that do have some impressive guitar work. They came out and again the drummer was secluded over at the left edge of the stage. And I say again they have some impressive guitar work but why do they have to do breakdowns. Though finally a pit broke out and this kid in a flannel shirt was hardcore dancing and this guy by me start's laughing so I look over and it was funniest damn hardcore dancing I have ever seen. He went on until this big guy in a Down shirt threw him so they could mosh. All in all VOM were alright nothing special in my opinion. Oh and they debuted a new song called punisher which sounded pretty good. 6.5/10
    Crawl Back
    Dark Passenger
    Unbreakable
    Punisher (new song)
    Pillars
    We Bow in Its Aura
    It's Not Safe to Swim Today

Now I will probably get shit for this next one but I enjoyed Trivium. The last time I saw them was at Mayhem Fest 09 and I was not impressed and thus did not really ever listen to them since. Plus how bad In Waves was I was not looking forward to them. But they came out and In Waves sounded alot better live then on CD. They sounded really good and had good energy. The crowd started moving a bit more. I thought Matt Heafy sounded alot better than at Mayhem. The crowd went crazy for Like Light To Flies and that is when I started to like it. They played mostly songs off of Ascendency and In Waves. Like I said before I was not looking forward to them but they were actually really good. 8.5/10
    In Waves
    Pull Harder On the Strings Of Your Martyr
    Black
    Forsake Not the Dream
    Departure
    Built to Fail
    Like Light to the Flies
    Chaor Reigns
    Down From the Sky
    Throes of Perdition

Finally it was time for In Flames! These guys I have been waiting to see for a few years now. But sadly they had to drop off of Mayhem Fest.It looked like most of the people there were there for In Flames and rightfully so. They came out and Anders mic was turned down very low and could barely hear him but by the time Deliver Us came on he sounded much better. Now I saw the set list and it wasn't very good but I didn't care I finally got to see In Flames. They sounded great and the crowd loved them. For some reason Royal Oak serves beer in cans so a few got chucked on stage the first time Anders asked they would throw beer up on stage at least throw some good beer. The second one that made it up on stage he and one of the members hold it and he kicked into the crowd it just about nailed me in the head. About halfway through the set this big guy pushed his way to the rail and was right in front of me and just started acting like an asshole. The guy next to him eventually said fuck you and this is how their conversation went.
    small guy: Fuck you
    big guy: Fuck you
    small guy: Your a fucking asshole
    big guy: I will bite your neck and rip it into two
    He said fuck you again and the big guy threw his elbow right into the small guys face and the two biggest security guards came running in and threw his ass out. But anyways In Flames sounded great and would love to see them again even if they left out few songs that I would've liked to have heard. 9/10
    Sounds of a Playground Fading
    Deliver Us
    All for Me
    Trigger
    Alias
    Swim
    The Hive
    The Quiet Place
    Where the Dead Ships Dwell
    Fear Is the Weakness
    Come Clarity
    Ropes
    Delight and Angers
    Cloud Connected
    The Mirror's Truth
    Take This Life

After the show I talked to Jay for a minute and left to go home. I took home an Trivium pick and and In Flames pick. It was a great way to start off 2012 and can't wait for Machine Head next Saturday!
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Holy shit Trivium are playing a pretty great set. I would love to see Forsake Not the Dream and Chaos Reigns live.
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Holy shit Trivium are playing a pretty great set. I would love to see Forsake Not the Dream and Chaos Reigns live.
    Yeah they are. Like Light To Flies sounded fucking awesome!
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I would love to see Like Light To Flies one of my favorite trivium songs.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Trivium should headline. There is only two in flames songs I would want to see one they won't ever play again( behind space) and the other they close with.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!