Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Review of show coming tomorrow
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Glad you had a good time Alex. One problem though. You had an opportunity to save te rest of the dates having to deal with godsmack being given a clear kill shot opportunity and you didn't take it. =((
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Glad you had a good time Alex. One problem though. You had an opportunity to save te rest of the dates having to deal with godsmack being given a clear kill shot opportunity and you didn't take it. =((
    I didn't did I? You know what makes this even more frustrating for you?

Sully was doing a weapons photo shoot. Yes, as in switchblade knives that were laying on the table in front of where he and I were standing. I'm looking through the promoter's photos, because I know that the photographer got several clear shots of me awkwardly standing next to him while he showed of some company's blades.

No joke.
    I love winning with women
    Lol nice.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I'll have you know that I actually remembered your request at that time.

Had he been an asshole to me, I would have taken it under consideration, because it was a straight up Hitman video game scenario :P
    Lol. Well thank you for the consideration!
    Indeed haha.

And new found respect for your boy Jasta. He's definitely one of the coolest and most down-to-earth people I've ever met in my life.
    I've actually got two goals at summer slaughter. I've met Jamey before a couple times but I want to see if he will personally write a few lines of I will be heard around my tattoo with a marker and I'll go get it tattooed the next day. Also to see if there is anyway I can watch the hatebreed set at mayhem from back of the stage.
    hopefully I'll be able to accomplish the latter goal in October at BRNOTD. Hell, I was so impressed with the guy (and Kirk for that matter), that I'm going to do all I can to get an interview with him at BRNOTD.
    It's at least worth a shot.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    DAMN, you got to meet sully erna!? :O
    i'm fuckin' extremely jealous right now
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    In Flames - Best band of the day. Anders' vocals were spot on. I was way into their set and almost threw my neck out during "Take This Life." 11/10
    I like In Flames a lot, but looking at the set, this is probably the only perfect score they'll get on this tour. :P
    From there, I walked over to the other stage where Trivium was just about to play. People were gathered like a motherfucker to see them. I was actually planning on staying for a bit just because I'd only seen them one other ti-

"IIIIIIN WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVV-"
    Best part of the whole fucking review. I laughed so hard.
    Megadeth - Color me impressed. I'm not a big Megadeth fan, but they kicked some serious ass. Same setlist as throughout the tour, so no surprises. But I was definitely impressed by their performance. 9/10
    =D> This made me happy. :D
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    edited July 2011
    All that remains, as I lay dying, rob zombie

Bonner springs, Kansas. July 16th, 2011.

First off, the drive done there with my friend was a blast except the stupid fucking Garmin took us a retarded way. And we bout our tickets at the gate and they were only 15 bucks :O.

Trogolodyne(spelling) - generic death metal. Pig squeals left and right. Both guitars were playing the same thing. They had gay rubber masks. The whole set was laughable. They wrote a concept album about bigfoot <_>. 3/10

Hammerlord - a pretty good local thrash band. They really surprised me. Their guitarist could really shred. The crowd seemed to like them a lot too. I will be checking them out soon. It was also fun moshing to a song called tombstone piledriver haha. 6/10

All that remains - third time seeing them, and it was the best. Even though they don't play old song anymore they still bring it. The crowd was really into it. I was kinda skeptical about the set cause I looked it up and it was shit but I really liked it. They played longer cause escape the fate dropped out which was cool. The pit to some of the people, all of the time was pretty fucking fun. I always will see these guys when they come to town. Good show, my only complaint was no not alone. 7.5/10

Setlist:
    Now let them tremble
    This calling
    The last time
    Won't go quietly
    Forever in your hands
    Six
    Some of the people, all of the time
    The air that i breathe
    Hold on
    Two weeks
    Aggressive opposition

(Middle songs not in order, i may have forgot some.)

As I Lay Dying - main reason why i was there, and i was not disappointed. Best show of the day holy shit they kill it live. If they play mayhem I'll be psyched. The crowd was fucking crazy. They had some huge pits. During beyond our suffering they had a circle pit the whole floor, it rivaled lambs circle pit on the lawn. nothing left did not get the crowd reaction i was hoping for but it sounded fucking great live. They sounded great and to my surprise there were no hardcore dancers haha. Their last song was confined, and fuck they did a wall of death and i did not know they did that. my friend that couldn't mosh got a good video. I'll post it later. I found a bucket of ice in the middle and i was going to throw it in the air when everyone was running but some fuck came and took it from me. Can't wait to see these guys again. I went in not expecting forsaken and i never wanted so i wasn't too disappointed when they didn't play them. 9/10.

Setlist in no order and forgetting some:
    Forever
    Separation
    Nothing left
    Condemned
    An ocean between us
    The Sound Of Truth
    Anodyne sea
    Beyond our suffering
    94 hours
    Confined

Rob zombie - fourth time seeing him, been bored everytime. If his music sucks to me then all he has is his stage show. And i find it boring just standing there and watching. Left early cause of the drive. 5/10

Setlist from what i saw:
    Superbeast
    More human than human
    Living dead girl
    Sick bubblegum
    Pussy liquor
    Demaniod phenomenon
    Whatever song go's HEY YEAH

Great show. Hot as fuck. I wish my friend could have Moshed with me but i still had a lot of fun \m/

@raz0r. Thanks for telling me about the show \m/
    Post edited by FLAT on
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    hey yeah? superbeast?
    imageimage
    No idea I don't listen to him outside of those concerts haha

Trogolodyne(spelling) - generic death metal. Pig squeals left and right. Both guitars were playing the same thing. They had gay rubber masks. The whole set was laughable. They wrote a concept album about bigfoot <_>. 3/10
    If you ever stop by Metalsetlists, don't mention your opinions on Troglodyte to Mankvill
    :-))
    They're probably his favorite local band.
    Hammerlord > troglodyte. Was he at the show yesterday?