Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Celtic Woman - Boston - CitiWang theatre - 3/13/11

Four gorgeous women singing :)

Overall, i admit i had a fun time. They played for an hour, had a 20 minute intermission, then played for another hour. The violist is super sexy. Even the chubby singer Chloe was sexy. Their voices sounded great togther, beautiful harmonies. they had 2 percussionists, a pianist, guiatrist, bassist, 2 bagpipes and a wierd irish instrument i can't identify. Weren't allowed to take pictures or anything, so bought the $20 program...
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    MOTORHEAD / CLUTCH / VALIENT THORR
    Marquee Theater, Tempe AZ

Sold out show. Loudest I've been to since HoF last April. I'll make this brief.

Valient Thorr - Lots of fun. Straight up rock n roll band. Loved em. 8/10

Clutch - Pretty sweet. It never passed my mind that they were the ones who wrote Electric Worry. 7/10

Motorhead - Awesome. Age is really hitting Lemmy, but he still rocked like mad. Got a pick from him which was cool. 9/10
    I love winning with women
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Got a pick from him which was cool. 9/10
    Cool? You get a pick from fucking Lemmy and it was just cool? Fuck you
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    LOL.

• Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    LOL.

{Upload|5139}
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited March 2011
    This will act as my review from the cruise. It went waaaaay too quick. Looking forward to next years.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/20807749

311 Caribbean Cruise Recap from Sixthman TV on Vimeo.

Really fucking cool. lol
    edited March 2011
    Well it's not like he HANDED it to me. I caught it. lol
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2011
    Oh, then nevermind. The pick is clearly meaningless now.

Excuse me while I throw away my Annihilator CD that Jeff Waters signed for me and wrote "Cheers Brian!!" with a smiley face next to it, as well as my signed Danzig booklet and my signed Ratt poster. If it wasn't handed to me, it clearly isn't cool enough.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    {Upload|5140}
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo

Excuse me while I throw away my Annihilator CD that Jeff Waters signed for me and wrote "Cheers Brian!!" with a smiley face next to it, as well as my signed Danzig booklet and my signed Ratt poster. If it wasn't handed to me, it clearly isn't cool enough.
    OWNED

OWNED
    I never said that it wasn't cool...lol

Also,

{Upload|5145}
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I would love to get a pick from Lemmy a living legend.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    just got back from kataklysm. Awesome show aside from all shall perish who are absolutely fucking horrible. got elbowed in the mouth from the lead singer of decrepit birth when he jumped off stage. full review tomorrow
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Awesome show aside from all shall perish who are absolutely fucking horrible.tomorrow
    Boooooo
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    All shall perish is horrible? Interesting.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Dealwithit.gif
    suckit.gif
    :-))
    edited March 2011
    All shall perish is horrible? Interesting.
    unlike conducting from the grave who was riffs with the occasional breakdown ASP was Breakdowns with the occasional riff. i never heard these songs before but after the 2nd one i could predict when bass drops were comming and i was right about 80 % of the time. ontop of that their bassist played open string well over 50 % of the time. every song was string of breakdowns and they all sounded exactly the same. absolutely horrible
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I will not agree to what you just said. And I find it baffling you can say any band is "absolutely terrible" when you like in this moment and think they are great
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I will not agree to what you just said. And I find it baffling you can say any band is "absolutely terrible" when you like in this moment and think they are great
    i have NEVER said ITM was great. i enjoy them but realize the reality