Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    My friend who was at South By So What said they sucked :/ I guess I'll have to see them live to be the judge of that
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2011
    Arlo, you lucky, lucky man. 8->
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That same friend invited me but I couldn't go :-(
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited March 2011
    My friend who was at South By So What said they sucked :/ I guess I'll have to see them live to be the judge of that
    Your friend must already not like that bad cause they played great.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Evergreen Terrace is cool \m/
    yo Arlo? just out of curiosity... why do you have something against hardcore? I seen you multiple times say you donnot like it, just wondering why. All the deathcore bands you like evolved their sound off hardcore. The way I look at most deathcore is fast riffs with hardcore breakdowns. I think if you gave some other hardcore bands a listen you digg it homie \m/ ... if you want I could lead you in the direction of alot of bands that are similar to Evergreen Terrace!
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    edited March 2011
    yo Arlo? just out of curiosity... why do you have something against hardcore? I seen you multiple times say you donnot like it, just wondering why. All the deathcore bands you like evolved their sound off hardcore. The way I look at most deathcore is fast riffs with hardcore breakdowns. I think if you gave some other hardcore bands a listen you digg it homie \m/ ... if you want I could lead you in the direction of alot of bands that are similar to Evergreen Terrace!
    I guess i cant say all hardcord breakdowns, but the heavy chug sound. Deathcoreimo plays alot of breakdowns and blast beats with heavy vocals. If you like cleaner shit like ET which imo is definately a hardcore band... theres definately alot of hardcore bands out there like that. I'm just curious as to why you dont like hardcore and what bands youre talking about when you say you dont like hardcore cause alot of the bands i have mentioned like The Ghost Inside, you've seemed to dugg, not hatinat all, just curious?
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I love winning with women
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    {Upload|6160}
    I don't have anything against hardcore, it just usually doesn't interest me as much as the other genres that have evolved from it. I'll be more than willing to see bands like Terror play, I just wouldn't go out of my way for it. For whatever reason I tend to like metalcore/deathcore more. Can't really say why exactly that is.

I still listen to some hardcore bands (or at least what I think would be considered hardcore, correct me if I'm wrong) which include:

Walls Of Jericho
    Stick To Your Guns
    Madball
    Hatebreed
    The Ghost Inside
    Four Year Strong
    Set Your Goals
    Bury Your Dead

Yeah, not that much, but still.
    yeah, i consider most of those bands hardcore, i just thought that you didnt like the genre for some reason. you should check out a band called Ligeia theyre a hardcore band with alot of clean vocals like ET. and I'll think of some others I think you would like.

I can understand people liking metalcore and deathcore, i like quite a few bands in those genre's i just love hardcore and i explained why a million times. but there are alot of bands I think you would like, imma make a list for you tomorrow homie, but for now, check out Ligeia \m/
    Don't get your hopes up but I'll check it out lol
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    You think set your goals is hardcore #-O
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    You think set your goals is hardcore #-O
    Not traditional, but would it be fair to call them melodic hardcore? I understand they are far different, but still not something I'd usually listen to.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    To me they are more like a pop punk band
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I'm not getting my hopes up, lol... just tryna spread the word. From the bands you listed I can find alot of bands that are very similar. but from what I can see from you interests you would be exactly into what you said up there, "melodic hardcore". theres a shit ton of bands out there that you prolly never even heard of man and would like. i dont think you're into the oldschool beatdown HC bands like Terror and Blood for Blood, although you might like some of their songs, and i guarentee if you go to their shows you'll have a blast, i just dont think that is your style. but hardcore is a wide genre with different styles... I think like I said you would be more into the hardcore with clean vocals and melodies. I'll compile a list of some cool bands that i think you'll like from the list of bands you said you like. Hopefully you digg some of them, if not, at least I tried. but if you listen and give them a solid chance, i'm sure you'll be down with some of the bands in the list i give you. oh, and btw, i think veil of maya rulez also! but i'm watching hockey right now, its intermission, so i'll getup a list later or tomorrow \m/
    Yeah you're actually right, I hardly listen to any punk either so for whatever reason I felt like throwing it on there. Good band though that's for sure.
    I'm not getting my hopes up, lol... just tryna spread the word. From the bands you listed I can find alot of bands that are very similar. but from what I can see from you interests you would be exactly into what you said up there, "melodic hardcore". theres a shit ton of bands out there that you prolly never even heard of man and would like. i dont think you're into the oldschool beatdown HC bands like Terror and Blood for Blood, although you might like some of their songs, and i guarentee if you go to their shows you'll have a blast, i just dont think that is your style. but hardcore is a wide genre with different styles... I think like I said you would be more into the hardcore with clean vocals and melodies. I'll compile a list of some cool bands that i think you'll like from the list of bands you said you like. Hopefully you digg some of them, if not, at least I tried. but if you listen and give them a solid chance, i'm sure you'll be down with some of the bands in the list i give you. oh, and btw, i think veil of maya rulez also! but i'm watching hockey right now, its intermission, so i'll getup a list later or tomorrow \m/
    Yes you're pretty much spot on, I've never really been into the old school stuff but I'm open to check out whatever you list and I appreciate it!