Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Oh shit
    Our second ever 12/10

• KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Oh shit
    Our second ever 12/10
    There had to have been more than 2?
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    I don't know. I remember that ever since Erik did the 11/10 that was all some people would do to describe perfect.

• cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    Youch. There surprisingly weren't that many crowd surfers for Finnish Metal, but then again, everyone was too busy dancing.
    the crowd surfers didnt show up until like the last 2 songs of WOP then all of AILD so i was happy lol
    I don't know. I remember that ever since Erik did the 11/10 that was all some people would do to describe perfect.
    Well, prefection for me would have been Petri taking off that kilt, but we won't go there...
    Youch. There surprisingly weren't that many crowd surfers for Finnish Metal, but then again, everyone was too busy dancing.
    the crowd surfers didnt show up until like the last 2 songs of WOP then all of AILD so i was happy lol
    Thankfully, I didn't get kicked in the head this time.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2011
    Rotten Sound-Another band I hadn't listened to previously. While they sounded great musically, I believe the singer was just using the wrong vocal style for the songs, or at lease they did not fit on the tour.
    The second one. They are the current leaders of grindcore, but grind doesn't necessarily fit in with folk, haha.

Did you enjoy their guitar sound, aka the greatest guitar sound in the world?
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Rotten Sound-Another band I hadn't listened to previously. While they sounded great musically, I believe the singer was just using the wrong vocal style for the songs, or at lease they did not fit on the tour.
    The second one. They are the current leaders of grindcore, but grind doesn't necessarily fit in with folk, haha.

Did you enjoy their guitar sound, aka the greatest guitar sound in the world?
    Like I said, musically, they were great, they just didn't fit in with the others. Definitely had us headbanging after a few songs. Took a bit for the folk metal crowd to warm up to them.
    Noice!
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I found video of Belphegor's first song. Good stuff, you can also hear him say CHEE CAH GOOOOOOR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzlTqeuJHN4
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    APE: where are you hearing they're making the dates up?
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    thats awesome britt, im glad you had a good time. NYC is pretty cool. getting wasted in NYC is even better lol. the only shitty things about it are drinks are way overpriced (im sure everything else is overpriced too) and the last train out of the city leaves way too early (like 1:15 am or something).
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Motorhead - Boston 3/1/11

House Of Blues - Ate at the restaurant at the HOB before the show. Got a skip the line pass so i wouldn't have to wait in the huge line to get in. Show sold out and the crowd was insane. some of the best pits i saw in a long time

Valient Thorr - played for 30 minutes. very high energy set. Sounded really good and had no problem getting the crowd into it. Opened the set with Double Crossed, and i dont know the names of any of their other songs. Very blues rock

Clutch - WOW! excellent 45 minute set. Extremely talented band, and if you like blues rock, its a must to check these guys out. again, dont know their songs good enough to make a setlist, but their entire set kicked ass. crowd was really into it and i saw my first stoner mosh pit

Motorhead - As soon as Lemmy said "We are Motorhead and we play Rock and Roll", place was nuts for the entire 80 minute set. PLayed the same set that can be founf on metalsetlists, opened with We Are Motorhead, ended with 3 of their best songs, Killed By Death, Ace of Spades and Overkill. My first time seeing them, and it can be described in one word...LOUD. my ears are still ringing and i dont see it stopping in the near future...
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2011
    Killed By Death is my favorite Motorhead tune in additon to Orgasmatron. Did they play that? . Good review.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    im glad you liked clutch man! they have a big almost cult like following here and come here like 4 times a year...they are fucking awesome live man
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    edited March 2011
    Killed By Death is my favorite Motorhead tune in additon to Orgasmatron. Did they play that? . Good review.
    yes Killed by Death, no to Orgasmatron....

full setlist

We Are Motorhead
    Stay Clean
    Get In Line
    Metropolis
    Over The Top
    One Night Stand
    Rock Out
    The Thousand Names Of God
    I Got Mine
    I Know How To Die
    The Chase Is Better Than The Catch
    In The Name Of Tragedy
    Drum Solo
    Just 'cos You Got The Power
    Going To Brazil
    Killed By Death
    Ace Of Spades
    ------
    Overkill

thats awesome britt, im glad you had a good time. NYC is pretty cool. getting wasted in NYC is even better lol. the only shitty things about it are drinks are way overpriced (im sure everything else is overpriced too) and the last train out of the city leaves way too early (like 1:15 am or something).
    I didn't drink, I just went with people that were drinking. But yes, the last train should be in the 3:00 hour not fucking 1:22am.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Cool review, John. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM!!!

There's even an outside chance that I'll get to hang with Lemmy :D:D:D:D:D
    I love winning with women
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Atticus metal tour III

Waited and got there after the locals played. Walked in as one was finishing up they were called shallkreig and made me go "lol que" and walk back outside.

In the midst of lions - meh 2/10

The human abstract - was looking forward to them a lot I love the nocturne cd. Sadly they sucked. Aside from the one song from nocturne they played ( vela, together we await the storm) everything sounded off. Guitar work was great but the vocals were fucked :-( 4/10

As blood runs black - got the crowd really worked up. New singer fits in well and the new songs are much better live then on cd. 7/10

Darkest hour - waited 8 years to see them. Was a little ticked off they only got a 45 minute set. But they were spot on live. Very happy with the sound and the setlist. Both new songs they played were great live. I got drumstick, pick, setlist from them. While the next band set up I was looking for ryan to sign the drumstick and ran into lonestar (guitarist) talked to him for a bit asked him if he knew where Ryan was to sign the drumstick. Lonestar then took me back to the area of the venue where all the bands hang out before and after sets. I got to hang out with all of darkest hour for about a half hour talking music and their set. Was great super nice guys. 9/10 give me a longer set and it is 10/10

Born of Osiris - only caught the last few songs of their set. I've seen them several times and they are good live but damn have they stepped up their game this time around the few songs I heard came through very intense and everyone was going crazy. 8/10 for the few songs I saw.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    See, I could have gotten a pick and setlist as well as the drumstick, but I chose not to because it would make me look like a greedy whore [-(
    I love winning with women
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Sounds like an awesome show, ugh how bad I wish it were coming my way.