Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Meh whatever. The shirts said Phoenix as the final date.
    I love winning with women
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    They postponed the cincy date after santanas
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    im still waitin' on britts review of the finnish metal tour :-W
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    *Cartman*

Linkin Park can suck mah ballz.
    DIZ

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    i need to see LP.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    i need to see LP.

:-t
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    edited March 2011
    im still waitin' on britts review of the finnish metal tour :-W
    I'll do it tonight. Just been too lazy.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Linkin Park were one of the bands that got me into music
    and i still love them.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    LINKIN PARK
    A THOUSAND SUNS TOUR, PHOENIX AZ (FINAL DATE)

My friend gave me a ticket last minute. I ran out of class to catch the light rail (subway thingy) and take it into downtown Phoenix for the show.

Paper Tounges - Not too bad. We arrived with only two songs left for them to play, but from what I saw, they weren't too shabby. 7/10

Circa Survive - Shitty heavily emo influenced band who's singer sounded like a chick. That is all. 2/10

Linkin Park - Fucking sick. We had seats, but it was still awesome. I was yelling every word of their old material (Hybrid Theory and Meteora) and some of their newer stuff (MTM) and just one line from their brand new stuff. I feel like part of my past angst filled self has finally been satisfied. Awesome time. Next time they come around, I will definitely be getting floor tickets. 9/10

Also, Chester forgot the words to Crawling. I'm sure footage of it will be up very soon.
    I'm still sad about this
    Linkin Park - Fucking sick. We had seats, but it was still awesome. I was yelling every word of their old material (Hybrid Theory and Meteora) and some of their newer stuff (MTM) and just one line from their brand new stuff. I feel like part of my past angst filled self has finally been satisfied. Awesome time. Next time they come around, I will definitely be getting floor tickets. 9/10

Also, Chester forgot the words to Crawling. I'm sure footage of it will be up very soon.
    :-|
    It's not the final date they will be making up the ones they missed when he was sick
    Santana had better hope so lol.
    WHERE DID YOU HEAR THIS
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    LINKIN PARK
    A THOUSAND SUNS TOUR, PHOENIX AZ (FINAL DATE)

My friend gave me a ticket last minute. I ran out of class to catch the light rail (subway thingy) and take it into downtown Phoenix for the show.

Paper Tounges - Not too bad. We arrived with only two songs left for them to play, but from what I saw, they weren't too shabby. 7/10

Circa Survive - Shitty heavily emo influenced band who's singer sounded like a chick. That is all. 2/10

I'm still sad about this
    {Upload|3370}
    I'm not so sure about them making the dates up because they rescheduled Houston and I think cincy but I could be wrong. I really hope they do make it up
    Houston and Dallas actually and those were already made up. Unless they're adding dates, like you said, I'm not sure they're doing more
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited March 2011
    They have three months until they have to go to Europe. Why would they not make them up?
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    edited March 2011
    That's what I was thinking. I'll wait until they say something. I really want to see them again
  • AndysbackAndysback Posts: 2,228 just the tip
    hard rock is boring
    some would say your mom is boring but I find her quite interesante
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    LP brings lulz these days

2/26/2011-Finnish Metal Tour-Gramercy Theater, NYC

So, this show was my first show in NYC. I had to go into the city uber early to buy my ticket since according to the bitch on the phone, there were only 15 tickets left. Well, I got to the ticket outlet at 3:30 and there were "complications" with the tickets, so the bitch tried to sell me Parkway Drive tickets instead. Fuck that. I didn't leave until the bitch gave me a Finnish Metal ticket and all the Parkway Drive fans outside that venue were looking at me like I was crazy. ANYWAY, I walked over to the Gramercy at 4 and doors didn't open till 7:15ish. No idea where or when my friends were going to get there, but I was 12th in line so hung out with some pretty cool people that were getting bombed before the show to stay warm, one of which was this really odd Polish guy that I think got me sick. Fucker. Got inside at 7:15, went right downstairs to get a Ensiferum hoodie. Settled myself right behind the Polish dude...so I was 2nd row.

Barren Earth-I hadn't listened to these guys before, but they were quite awesome. Great band to start of the show. The singer could have had more stage presence, but nonetheless, they sounded badass. 7.7/10

Forlorn Waves
    Our Twilight
    Ere All Perish
    Flicker
    The Leer
    Cold Earth Chamber
    Floodred
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Rotten Sound-Another band I hadn't listened to previously. While they sounded great musically, I believe the singer was just using the wrong vocal style for the songs, or at lease they did not fit on the tour. 6.5/10

The Effects
    Praise the Lord
    Void
    Insects
    Mass Suicide
    Terrified
    Doomed
    Self
    Plan
    Power
    Blind
    The Kill
    (Napalm Death cover)
    Slay
    Western Cancer
    Days to Kill
    Hollow
    Gdp
    Burden
    Sell Your Soul
    Targets

kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    Finnish Metal cont...

Ensiferum-As soon as I heard Ensiferum was touring, I went crazy, as many of you know. But anyway. They came out and it was instant mayhem. Dancing, hair flying everywhere, kilts in the air (got to see some Petri Balls)...etc. The girl in front of me had a Finnish Flag so we were going nuts waving it around. I just felt purely elated during their set. 12/10

By The Dividing Stream
    From Afar
    Token of Time
    Into Battle
    Smoking Ruins
    Deathbringer From The Sky
    Stone Cold Metal
    The New Dawn
    Lai Lai Hei
    Twilight Tavern
    Victory Song
    Iron
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Finntroll-Polish guy in front of me left, so I got the railing. After Ensiferum, we were all tired as hell but regardless, we jumped and danced like maniacs. I got extremely sick during their encore, I lost feeling in my left arm and right hand, so I had to leave during their last song and wait outside. 10/10

Blodsmarsch
    Solsagan
    Den Frusna Munnen
    Slaget Vid Blodsälv
    Skogens Hämnd
    Nedgång
    Ett Norrskensdåd
    Nattfödd
    Midnattens Widunder
    Eliytres
    Grottans Barn
    Trollhammaren
    Under Bergets Rot
    Mot Skuggornas Värld
    Maktens Spira
    Encore:
    Dråp
    Jaktens Tid
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

After the show, went out with a few people I met there to a bar till like 12:45am. Had to walk ultra fast 20 city blocks to Penn Station to catch the last train out at 1:22. Ran into my friend Alex and his brothers, so hung out with them on the train ride home and got food with them after we got back in New Brunswick. Didn't get back in my dorm till 4am.

Great night, great show. Shitty review. Sorry people.