Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited January 2011
    almost 1/2 the setlist was shit that came out before 2000! FUCKING INSANE! OLD SCHOOL HATEBREED! Already can't wait to see them again!
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    HOLY SHIT that's a lot of songs. Yet still no Spitting Venom... bummer.
    I love winning with women
    they played forever... i bought 3 bottles of water during their set.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Holy fuck. If they do this show again next year I am making the trip there!
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    It's the 2nd longest set i've ever seen them play. in 2004-2005 it was one of there bday's in long island and they were straight up partying on stage. they played for almost 3 hours. they covered alot of shit, they played a few songs crowd members yelled out and i think they played almost every song they released they had just released the rise of brutality, so it was around 2004. but the show the other night was just as epic. when they started playing severed the 3rd song in, i knew the night was gonna be brootal! still can't believe they played the entire Under the KNife EP and most of Satisfaction is the Death of Desire. you should definately make the trip if Hatebreed plays next years E-Town reunion show, it was madd cool. i'm still sore...
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    i need to see hatebreed again...
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    I will undoubtedly be there if they do it next year
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    edited January 2011
    They opened with my favorite song by them, Baptism...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd2M3LYlzYA
    I wish i would have known about this so I could have gone I had no idea they would play a set like that.

Proven and doomsayer make me go insane when they start playing it live same with tear it down.

But I will be heard will forever be my favorite for personal reasons
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited January 2011
    Pierce The Veil/Miss May I/The Chariot/A Bullet For Pretty Boy - Palatine, Illinois - Durty Nellies - 1/13/2011

FIRST SHOW OF 2011 MOTHERFUCKERS!

As a note, it was actually Silverstein's show, but I absolutely loathe those faggots and left after PTV, as did more then half of the crowd.

It was a sold out show at a very tiny venue, Durty Nellies is only slightly bigger then Reggie's Rock Club, for you Chicagoans, for a size reference. To be honest, I was surprised it was sold out, especially being in a small suburb in a small no name venue on a Thursday.

Something else I wanna point out, the sound was shit all night, I think it was the venue's fault, not the actual bands, because each band suffered from it, although PTV had the best sound of the night. The Vocals were drowned out and I couldn't understand at all what they said to the crowd, especially when Levi from Miss May I spoke to the crowd.

Also, this was one of the most fun crowds I've ever been with. Everyone was going insane, jumping, fists in the air, screaming, pits, etc. but no one was getting all asshurt like the last 2 Metal shows I was at (Dimmu and Immolation.) And it also wasn't too ridiculous as far as getting crushed, which obviously made it more enjoyable. It was also primarily a female crowd, with a small number of dudes, but hey I ain't complaining. Lolz. To be honest, I do feel more accepted in a crowd like this, young crowds are better and don't give a fuck if you go crazy. Fuck the dumbass "Metalheads" who can't deal with headbanging at a show.

Also, this show was fucking win, due to the fact that stage diving was allowed! Needless to say, bodies were flying everywhere the entire show, especially when Levi from Miss May I said "I WANT 100 BODIES UP IN THE FUCKING AIR!" I wanted to do it so bad if it weren't for the fact that I had so much shit in my pockets.

So let's get on with the review, shall we?

A Bullet For Pretty Boy:

Didn't give a fuck about them going in, and I still don't really, but they had some sick breakdowns that got me pumped, and their keys were win. Perfect to have them as the opener. 6/10

The Chariot:

Holy fucking shit. Musically, these guys were just odd and all over the place (Although I fucking love Daggers, but it was also the only song I knew from the set.), but it was all about their stage antics that made them entertaining. They start the set with the fucking Guitarist and Bassist simultaneously stage diving. The Bassist was going apeshit the entire set, although I think he took it too far a few times, as in going crazy simply for the sake of going crazy, and it looked retarded at certain points, flailing his Bass around like an ape and throwing it up in the air. At one point he got on his knees, spit in the air, leaned back, and caught in his mouth. Josh, the Vocalist, was all over the place, he stood on the Drumset at one point in the middle of the Drummer playing, and then jumped off. In the middle of their set, they played a somewhat cover of Seven Nation Army and just went fucking mental. They finally played Daggers and I went insane. I screamed my fucking lungs out at the "WAAAAARRRR!!! IS ONLY SKIN DEEPPPPP!" part. At the end of Daggers, the Bassist grabbed a Tom Drum and put it around his neck (Think Chris Fehn from SlipKnoT.) and Josh grabbed a Floor Tom and they played a 3 part Drum line, beating the shit out of the Toms and just slamming the living fuck out of them. On the last song, Josh started dismantling the Drummer's kit until all he had left was his Bass Drum and Snare, and then he started hitting the rim of his Bass Drum as a "Cymbal". They were just ridiculous. Oh and as a side note, the Guitarist kept spitting everywhere, and ended up spitting on my shirt. -_- It landed so perfectly it was almost as if he aimed it. Whatever, pissed me off momentarily, but I was having fun, so fuck it. He spit up in the air, and this group of girls all dodged it as it came down lolz. 8/10

Miss May I:

Fucking insane just as I expected. I've been waiting to see them again, because even though they were win at Summerfest, I was so far that I had to watch them on the titantron for most of the set. So it was nice to see them in a more close up and intimate setting, Because I was one person behind the "Rail" (There was actually no rail, just a tall stage lol.) and that person was like a 4 foot girl lol, so it was almost as if I was at the very front anyways. They were just fucking insane though. Although I'm extremely disappointed in the lack of Apologies Are For The Weak. It's the title track of their first album, and their banners they had up even said "Apologies Are For The Weak" yet they don't play it... Lol, whatever though, I finally got to see Porcelain Wings live. I was also disappointed in the lack of their Swing cover, but I saw that at Summerfest at least. They opened up with Forgive And Forget, which was the perfect way to open the set. I went apeshit their entire set, but especially for that song. I was screaming every word, and Levi noticed and leaned down and we were face to face screaming the song at eachother. So fucking sick. The rest of their set was just as sick and they had a surprising amount of pit action going on (With NO ninjas, surprisingly.) and even got a wall of death going, a fairly big one too. Wanted to go in it, but I didn't wanna lose my spot. At the end of their set, I got their setlist from their Guitarist! :D I was so stoked on it, because that's my first setlist. I don't count my WhiteChapel one from 2009, because I randomly found it ripped in half on the ground and just took it. 10/10

And their setlist, since I have it:

Forgive And Forget
    Monument
    Porcelain Wings
    Masses Of A Dying Breed
    Our Kings
    Architect
    Relentless Chaos

Pierce The Veil:

Fucking DESTROYED it. Best band of the night, no fucking argument. After waiting through the longest set up I've ever fucking seen, they came out like a fucking bomb and just had everyone going insane (Also followed by high pitched girl screams when Vic walked out.
    -_-) Vic is one of the best Vocalists I've ever seen live, hands down. He's a perfect singer and sounded just like he does on record, which was insane seeing how high he goes. The whole band just has so much energy, Jaime, their Bassist is like the life of the show onstage, he was all over the place, extremely energetic, jumping off of everything, and he stage-dived at the end, and he had a smile on his face the entire time. This bitch came on stage during their set, and he kissed her, so it might have been his girlfriend, but she stage dived, and she had on a skirt and leggings and he looked in between her legs and did the licking thing between his fingers lolz. The entire band was just having so much fun though, and it rubbed off on the crowd, just like Iron Maiden, the entire band showed how much fun they were having. It was nice to see instead of the usual "I'M SO FUCKING BADASS" on stage. I forget exactly what song it was after, but in the middle of their set, they played a fucking cover of Like A G6! Lol it was so fun. They had the strobe lights flickering on and off and the lazers and shit like a club, and everyone was jumping in unison, it was straight up some of the most fun I've ever had at a show. They ended it by doing a heavy ass version of it with this sick ass breakdown. During The Boy Who Could Fly, Vic brought out a fucking megaphone for the spoken/yelled part! Lol FUCK YEA! So badass. Absolutely everyone there was singing along for the intro of Yeah Boy And Doll Face. I was really disappointed that they didn't play Bulletproof Love or Chemical Kids And Mechanical Brides. Both amazing songs. Caraphernelia was sick, but it made me even more stoked for the Gamechangers tour in March, since ADTR is touring with them, Jeremy McKinnon will be able to come out and scream his part, instead of Jaime doing it. So anyways, absolutely amazing set, and it should've been them headlining instead of faggot ass Silverstein so that they could get a longer set. Can't wait to see them again in March. 10/10

Setlist, from what I can remember. (Not in order.)

Besitos
    Currents Convulsive?
    The Sky Under The Sea
    Yeah Boy And Doll Face
    Like A G6
    The Boy Who Could Fly
    Caraphernelia

For merch, I got the Miss May I McDonald's shirt, and it is now my favorite shirt, I fucking love it lolz.
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    ^uh, chicago just sucks crowd wise. Metalheads at the baltimore and Jaxx shows i go to are hella cool.
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    Durty Nellies, haha. What a name.

Glad you enjoyed your first show of the year. \:D/
    imageimage
    It's an Irish pub lolz.
    My new shirt. Love it so much. I need to get more slim fits. Love how they fit on me.

• RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    It's an Irish pub lolz.
    Lol I was gonna say, it sounds like a shoddy little dive bar, but it makes sense that it's a pub.
    imageimage
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    My new shirt. Love it so much. I need to get more slim fits. Love how they fit on me.

haha, that shirt looks awesome

Glad you enjoyed your first show of the year. \:D/