Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    It would be nice if they'd start playing more shows here but I won't hold my breath
    Idk if it was here or somewhere else but someone said some of the members couldn't adjust to the culture here so it got to them and they don't think they can tour here
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Money Talks. They'll be back.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Are you going to pay them?

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    edited December 2010
    There's multiple reasons they don't like it here, which is why I'm not holding my breath on any possible tour in the US. I actually wouldn't be surprised if that show was the only one here you'd catch em at ever again
    imageimage
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    There's multiple reasons they don't like it here, which is why I'm not hiding my breath on any possible tour in the US. I actually wouldn't be surprised if that show was the only one here you'd catch em at ever again
    Don't say that... %-(
    I'm ust being realistic here. Yes, money talks. But if it really talked don't you thing they would have done a tour already to get money? It's possible this was an experiment to see what's up but you never know.
    imageimage
    It's a matter of when.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Probably years
    imageimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Went to a local show last night hosted by my radio station (meaning free for me). It was at a bowling alley in Asbury Park, NJ. A shitload of fun actually. Got to meet a shitload of great people that were quickly getting drunker and drunker. 3 out of 4 of the local bands were great, one sounding like the Sex Pistols, and it was their first show ever. The headliner's singer was also the drummer, so that was pretty damn cool. There was an appearance of DJ Deerhead (a DJ from the station that runs around with a deer mask on). Overall, good night. Didn't get out of there till 3:30. Got another station party tonight, Black Metal, Wine and Cheese.

DJ Deerhead

Photobucket
    was the bowling alley called Asbury Lanes?
    Yes it was. I stole a pencil from there.
    B-)
    word! i've been there a few times! they have shows there frequently! That place has been having shows for years.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    That was my first time there. We got really shitty directions from one of the DJs and got completely lost on Ocean Ave or something and he kept on telling us to make a left, but we couldn't because there was a fucking ocean there. Anyway, it was quite interesting how they set up the stage above the bowling lanes.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    i do not like them at all....i had a great time at mushroomhead Saturday tho
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    hows your soreness rex?
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    edited December 2010
    Winds of plague last night

Snowstorm with blizzard warning came in two hours before the show. All bands showed but all the fans there were older and hardly anyone there was scene. My guess is either because mommy didn't want to drive them or let them go or they feared the high winds and snow would mess up their hair. Either way it was a win for me. Venue was about 3/4 capacity.

8 bands played. I was only there for winds. First three sucked one of which was quite possibly a new style music I had never heard best way I can descibe it besides shit is nu-emo deathcore. It's was horrendous.

Promise to agony - bad
    Upon a burning body- not for me
    War of ages- meh pass
    After the burial- good

I very much enjoyed them playing blood for blood over the speakers while winds set up.

Winds of plague- good. More energy than last time. Talked to Johnny after asked him if I would ever get to hear legions after not getting it 5 times in a row. He said message them online before the next time I see them or talk to him before the show and they will put it in somewhere. Where people got he is an asshole I won't understand. He wasn't a pussy like Phil labonte when I asked him about this kind of thing.

Set

Impaler
    One body too many
    Chest and horns
    Angels of debachery
    Approach the podium
    Decimate the weak
    New song
    Brotherhood
    Reloaded

Set was cut short and the whole day everyone got cut short because of the snow storm and people showing up late.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    That blows that they didn't play their new one.
    I love winning with women
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Sorry I left that one out lol that set is in order too. Looks like the only song they cut out was origins and endings. I loved the new song. They weren't even going to play reloaded because the venue said time was up but everyone kept yelling for more songs so they let them play one more. Half the band had walked off stage and someone had to get them art was barely able to sit down in time for the song to be played
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I want to see them again...
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Arsis/Powerglove/Conducting From The Grave

Emptiest that I've ever seen the Clubhouse except for at the Cattle Decapitation show in September. Which was really a shame too, seeing how awesome Powerglove (and Arsis) are.

Conducting From The Grave - I lol'd... nobody was into them. There were probably 30 people (at most) on the floor at the time, and only a few bobbing heads. I thought they were alright, but nothing special. 6.5/10

POWERGLOVE - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BEST LIVE BAND EVER!!! Up until tonight, Machine Head held that title... not anymore. I fucking moshed and headbanged so much during their set and screamed every word of the Pokemon theme song. The most fun I've ever had during a band's set. Original metal songs are cool and all, don't get me wrong, but... losing my mind to all of the songs from the best years of my life... I can't even describe how awesome that was. 13/10

Arsis - Pretty fucking sweet! And to think I hated these guys about a year ago... they really brought it! I ended up getting half of a drumstick and had it signed by the lead singer. Great time!

The only downsides of the show were Powerglove having to cut their set a song short and them taking down their merch early. I had a poster from the show that they were holding for me during the show, but they threw it away or something when they took their stuff down. Phenomenal time, though!
    I love winning with women