Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    i can't wait to see avenged sevenfold on tuesday.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I hate A7X but they're one of the best live bands I've seen
    Death Angel 2/1 Jaxx

Arrived at the venue about 2.5 hours early so I headed into the Chinese restaurant next door and got something to eat. To my surprise, there was still no one in line about 45 minutes later when I left the restaurant. A couple guys showed up and we started talking, then all of a sudden, Mark and Ted just walk from around the corner and start talking to us. Shook Mark's hand and told him I can't wait for the show.
    Also, when I was in the restaurant, there was this guy wearing a Death Angel sweatshirt who I recognized from somewhere but only vaguely. I later realized he was the drummer for Death Angel lol

Bonded By Blood-They were alright. I wasn't too into them really. Somewhat good energy on stage 4/10

Lazarus A.D.-I like them a lot on album and live was the same as far as sound goes but they didn't have a whole lot of energy on stage. It was good but nothing over the top. Songs-7/10, Performance 4/10

Death Angel- Wow....these guys were 100x better this time. They had very nice lights set up inside, although they were blinding when they struck you in the eye. The intro started and the guys walked out on stage. Right as Rob struck the first note, the sound went out. So Mark came on the mic and said that happened last time over here and he thinks it's starting to become a tradition with this place. Having said that, he said a bunch of times how much he loves Jaxx and the crowd here (although there weren't many people...most of them were really into the music though). Right off the bat, Ted drops a pick and when the lights go out, I reach down and pick it up. Then Mark comes over and grabs the mic while singing to the crowd, not realizing that he knocked a couple picks off the stand so my friend reaches down and grabs one as well. By the end of the show there were a good 4-5 picks on the ground. I got another and then after the show, Rob comes by the rail and hands me a pick. My friend got one of Rob's somehow when it was thrown by jumping in the air and catching it with his pinky o_O. The performance from Death Angel was overwhelmingly awesome. I screamed every word and by the end of Buried Alive (4 songs in. also one of my favorite songs), my voice was almost completely lost. I still managed to scream the words to their songs the rest of the set and during the chorus to Relentless Retribution Mark put the mic in my face for the "JOIN US" then he continued on "or step aside" etc etc etc. Got multiple fist bumps from Mark and multiple times where we were screaming the words towards each other. The great thing about Mark and the rest of the band, is they get the crowd really involved in their songs. The set was great, they chose great songs, and I have to say in all honesty it was the best show I've ever been to. Maybe not the best full show (because of the other bands) but Death Angel's set was the best I've ever seen.
    10/10

Relentless Retribution album cover tour shirt-$20

I'll post pics soon
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I'll let Lazarus A.D. know that you thought their set was sub-par when I interview them.

They will not be pleased to hear this.
    I love winning with women
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    i can not wait for devildriver tonight!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    The set was great, they chose great songs
    And yet you post no setlist so that this may be debated. <_>

I am disappoint.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Screw you dude
    imageimage
    Screw you dude
    b-(
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited February 2011
    They're in Flint tomorrow....I'm leaning toward passing on them this time. Support is not nearly as good as last time and other shows need to take priority.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    fuck you jay devildriver is awesome
    I'll let Lazarus A.D. know that you thought their set was sub-par when I interview them.

They will not be pleased to hear this.
    ....please don't.....
  • AndysbackAndysback Posts: 2,228 just the tip
    i saw woe is me last night :l
    The set was great, they chose great songs
    And yet you post no setlist so that this may be debated. <_>

I am disappoint.
    I'll post it soon. They played a good amount from the new album but they threw in a bunch from the ultra-violence that they didn't play on the last tour
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    edited February 2011
    Well this was the setlist when i saw death angel back in 2008 (w God Forbid, Soylent Green, Light This City and a bunch of terrible locals)
    01. Lord Of Hate
    02. Evil Priest
    03. Buried Alive
    04. Voracious Souls
    05. Dethroned
    06. Mistress Of Pain
    07. Sonic Beatdown
    08. When Worlds Collide
    09. Kill As One
    10. Carnival Justice ( Originaly on the set was " Bored / Discontinued " )
    11. The Ultra-Violence / Seemingly Endless Time
    12. Thrown To The Wolves
    Setlist:

I Chose the Sky
    Evil Priest
    Buried Alive \m/ \m/ \m/
    Mistress of Pain \m/
    Claws In So Deep
    Seemingly Endless Time
    Dethroned \m/
    This Hate
    Relentless Retribution
    Truce
    Purgatory/Veil of Deception
    Opponents at Sides
    Bored/ Heaven and Hell (cover)
    Thrashers \m/ \m/ \m/

Encore:
    Lord of Hate \m/ \m/
    River of Rapture \m/ \m/ \m/
    The Ultraviolence intro---->Thrown to the Wolves
    edited February 2011
    Photobucket
    PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Almost every pic was taken with no zoom

Setlist and 3 picks:Photobucket
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    thats because jaxx is awesome
    thats because jaxx is awesome
    that it is. For each headlining band, the sound has been great. I guess the headlining bands bring their own sound guy...I really like how close you get to the bands

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I'm guessing no barrier? A lot of venues around Toledo/Detroit are like that.
    image Photobucket