Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Help a brotha out.

MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
edited February 2012 in Off Topic
So, I have to do a field poll for my Government class. I'm planning on asking people IRL as well, but I thought it'd be interesting to see what the forum thinks. Please, take this seriously. So, it's 5 questions on a social issue and 5 questions that pertain to a political poll so, here we go Thanks.

Age?
Ethnicity?
Vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc)

Social issue poll:
Should abortion be legal?
Do you think it is morally permissible?
Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion?
Do you consider a fetus life?
Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue?

Political poll:
Are you planning to vote this upcoming presidential election?
Which is your preferred Republican candidate?
Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican?
Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not?
Do you trust electronic voting?

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    edited February 2012
    Social issue poll:
    Should abortion be legal?-no
    Do you think it is morally permissible? -no
    Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? -more
    Do you consider a fetus life?-yes
    Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue?-state

Political poll:
    Are you planning to vote this upcoming presidential election?-no
    Which is your preferred Republican candidate?- none, But i guess Romney
    Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican?-neither.
    Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? -no
    Why or why not? - he didnt do what "promised" to do. I understand its hard because the rest of congress has to be on board as well, but then we need somebody whos able to do something. Able to compromise and go more moderate.
    Do you trust electronic voting?-yea

18 year old. White, male, middle class
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited February 2012
    22 - male - white

Middle Class

Social issue poll:
    Should abortion be legal? Yes
    Do you think it is morally permissible? Yes
    Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? Less restrictions (especially here in TX)
    Do you consider a fetus life? Kind of, but only in the same way that sperm is life. I don't consider it a person.
    Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? Federal issue, should be allowed throughout the country.

Political poll:
    Are you planning to vote this upcoming presidential election? Yes
    Which is your preferred Republican candidate? Mitt Romney
    Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican? Democrat
    Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? Yes, knowing what kind of mess he had to deal with after Bush's term, I'd say he's done a pretty good job of keeping the country going. There's only so much one man can do so you have to be realistic.
    Do you trust electronic voting? Yes, to the extent that I can trust any form of voting at least. I wouldn't swear by it but if the technology is there we should use it IMO.

• JillianJillian Posts: 1,574
    Not sure if I should do it since I'm 15, but I will. Age:15 Ethnicity: White Financial: Middle class
    1. No (give me hate if you want)
    2. Nope
    3. More
    4. Yes, they're breathing, growing, eating
    5. State

1. Can't
    2. Ron Paul
    3. Can't
    5. No, he messed with our economy, has spent too much money, doesn't care about the people.
    6. Nope.
    Photobucket
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Don't forget to
    Provide your age, ethnicity, and a vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc) because we need to see what demographic votes which way. Thanks
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    edited February 2012
    Don't forget to
    Provide your age, ethnicity, and a vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc) because we need to see what demographic votes which way. Thanks
    Edit your original post and add those into the list of questions...
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    edited February 2012
    White
    Lower Class

Social issue poll:
    Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? Less I guess
    Do you consider a fetus life? I consider a fetus a life form when it has a heartbeat
    Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? State

Political poll:
    Are you planning to vote this upcoming presidential election? Sure
    Which is your preferred Republican candidate? Ron Paul (he's running rep right?)
    Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican? I'm registered Democrat but I want to vote for Paul
    Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? I think did ok from how crappy Bush and the Bush administration left things
    Do you trust electronic voting? Not at all
    imageimage
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Do I get paid for this? :-?
    You will be paid over 9000 jaydollars
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Slap, you fill this out too. I'm also pretty interested to see what people here think.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Age? 23
    Ethnicity? White
    Vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc): Lower Middle Class

Social issue poll:
    Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? Less
    Do you consider a fetus life? At a certain point, yes. Not at point of conception.
    Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? A personal issue, but I guess state.

Political poll:
    Which is your preferred Republican candidate? Not sure. Haven't paid much attention. I should do that.
    Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican? I'll decide that then. I am registered as a Democrat though.
    Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? He did okay considering the state the country was in when he was elected
    Do you trust electronic voting? Haven't really thought much about it, to tell you the truth.

kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    21, white, middle-upper class

Social issue poll:
    Should abortion be legal? -- Yes
    Do you think it is morally permissible? -- Yes
    Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? -- Maybe just a few more than there are now. I'm not entirely sure what the exact requirements are.
    Do you consider a fetus life? -- Yes
    Do you think abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? -- State

Political poll:
    Are you planning to vote this upcoming presidential election? -- Yes
    Which is your preferred Republican candidate? -- Ron Paul
    Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican? -- Republican (unfortunately lol)
    Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? -- Moderately.
    Do you trust electronic voting? -- Not really.
    I love winning with women
    Age? 17
    Ethnicity? Mexican-American
    Vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc)Middle class

Social issue poll:
    Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? Less
    Do you consider a fetus life? No
    Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? Federal

Political poll:
    Which is your preferred Republican candidate? Ron Paul
    Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? Considering the state of the country when he entered office, I'd say he's done a decent job. Sure, he didn't do everything he promised to, but does any president?
    Do you trust electronic voting? It has its flaws, and I'd rather vote using a ballot, but I won't refuse to vote if I have to do it electronically.
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Is Qualtrics free? That would help you gather your data so much easier.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker

Age?24
    Ethnicity? White
    Vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc) middle

Social issue poll:
    Do you consider a fetus life? Yes
    Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? Neither. Only person who matters in this is the mother

Political poll:
    Which is your preferred Republican candidate? Not sure
    Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican? Well I don't want Obama and I don't know who for republicans I like so at the moment write in
    Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? Not at all. He cared more about being a smooth talked and being seen then he did taking care of the country while pushing us further into dept than anyone before him.
    Do you trust electronic voting? Never really thought about it.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • SandyVaginaSandyVagina Posts: 618 just the tip
    Social issue poll:
    Should abortion be legal? YES
    Do you think it is morally permissible? YES
    Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? ONLY WHEN IT COMES TO UNDER AGE.
    Do you consider a fetus life? ONLY IF IT CAN LIVE ON ITS OWN OUTSIDE OF THE WOMB
    Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? NEITHER, ITS A MEDICAL ISSUE

Political poll:
    Are you planning to vote this upcoming presidential election? YES
    Which is your preferred Republican candidate? THE WORST ONE
    Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican? DEMOCRAT
    Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? YES, HE DID THE BEST HE COULD DO WITH WHAT (AND WHO) HE HAS TO WORK WITH.
    Do you trust electronic voting? NO

46 YEAR OLD WHITE FEMALE, MIDDLE CLASS
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    CAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPS
    I love winning with women
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Age? 18
    Ethnicity? Caucasian
    Vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc) middle class

Social issue poll:
    Should abortion be legal? yes
    Do you think it is morally permissible? yes
    Should there be more or less restrictions on who is eligible to get an abortion? fewer
    Do you consider a fetus life? no
    Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? federal

Political poll:
    Which is your preferred Republican candidate? Ron Paul
    Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? Yes, his effectiveness was limited by the right's partisans and the media.
    Do you trust electronic voting? No.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Wait. im older than wine?
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Da_MuffinzDa_Muffinz Posts: 2,972 balls deep
    edited February 2012
    Age? 20
    Ethnicity? White
    Vague description of your financial situation(wealthy, middle class, etc) Middle class

Social issue poll:
    Do you consider a fetus life? Nope
    Do you think it should abortion should be a federal issue or a state issue? Neither

Political poll:
    Are you planning to vote this upcoming presidential election? Yup
    Which is your preferred Republican candidate? Ron Paul for the epic win!
    Are you planning to vote Democrat or Republican? Well if Ron Paul wins the runner up then him. On a side note I'm an independent.
    Do you think Obama did a good job in his first term? Why or why not? He did alright until the very end when he signed that fucking NDAA act.
    Do you trust electronic voting? Not at all.
    Post edited by Da_Muffinz on