Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

bible/gov bashing for shane

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    ive seen passion many times

it was not used for heinous crimes, it was more used for political reasons explained here

Notorious mass crucifixions followed the Third Servile War in 73–71 BC (the slave rebellion under Spartacus), other Roman civil wars in the 2nd and 1st centuries BC, and the Destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. To frighten other slaves from revolting, Crassus crucified 6,000 of Spartacus' men along the Appian Way from Capua to Rome.[citation needed] Josephus tells a story of the Romans crucifying people along the walls of Jerusalem. He also says that the Roman soldiers would amuse themselves by crucifying criminals in different positions. In Roman-style crucifixion, the condemned could take up to a few days to die. The dead body was left up for vultures and other birds to consume.[citation needed]

Under ancient Roman penal practice, crucifixion was also a means of exhibiting the criminal’s low social status. It was the most dishonourable death imaginable, originally reserved for slaves, hence still called "supplicium servile" by Seneca, later extended to provincial freedmen of obscure station ('humiles').[citation needed] The citizen class of Roman society were almost never subject to capital punishments; instead, they were fined or exiled. Josephus mentions Jews of high rank who were crucified, but this was to point out that their status had been taken away from them. The Romans often broke the prisoner's legs to hasten death and usually forbade burial.[citation needed]
  • JillianJillian Posts: 1,574
    Because everyone who has seen Passion knows everything about the crucifixion.
    Photobucket
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    I would assume God would enjoy it if you didn't have a relationship with him.

Because everyone who has seen Passion knows everything about the crucifixion.
    :|

wake asked me if ive ever sen the passion

i know about crucifixions and every about your religion cuz i used to be like you and Christianity really interested me, almost made religious studies my college major
    You told me you're going to Heaven even if you don't believe in God since God died on the cross. #-o
    Photobucket
    You told me you're going to Heaven even if you don't believe in God since God died on the cross. #-o
    well let me once again inform you on your own religion

what do you think jesus died for then?
    i mean could you get into heaven before jesus died for your sins? was there a heaven?
    jesus did speak of going through him to get to heaven i will give you that but he did not say whether or not you have to do that in life
    jesus spoke to the disciple peter and told him, in lamens terms, there is no hell, that everyone eventually makes there way to heaven
    this was choosen to be left out of the bible centuries later when they were deciding what stories were to be included on jesus and which ones were not going to be included
    also jesus is technically not God himself, but the son of god
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    it's soo much better hearing him say it
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep

i mean could you get into heaven before jesus died for your sins? was there a heaven?
    jesus did speak of going through him to get to heaven i will give you that but he did not say whether or not you have to do that in life
    jesus spoke to the disciple peter and told him, in lamens terms, there is no hell, that everyone eventually makes there way to heaven
    this was choosen to be left out of the bible centuries later when they were deciding what stories were to be included on jesus and which ones were not going to be included
    all things distorted or left out by the catholics
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    why is the shitknot fan defending christ?

jilly, are you 555 or 666? :))

Jesus died so you COULD go to Heaven.
    Photobucket
    Lol. I don't associate the music I listen to, to what I believe in.
    Photobucket
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    id rather come back as a sloth than go to heaven
    imageimage
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    OP is same shit, different setting.
    image Photobucket
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ive seen passion many times

it was not used for heinous crimes, it was more used for political reasons explained here

Notorious mass crucifixions followed the Third Servile War in 73–71 BC (the slave rebellion under Spartacus), other Roman civil wars in the 2nd and 1st centuries BC, and the Destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. To frighten other slaves from revolting, Crassus crucified 6,000 of Spartacus' men along the Appian Way from Capua to Rome.[citation needed] Josephus tells a story of the Romans crucifying people along the walls of Jerusalem. He also says that the Roman soldiers would amuse themselves by crucifying criminals in different positions. In Roman-style crucifixion, the condemned could take up to a few days to die. The dead body was left up for vultures and other birds to consume.[citation needed]

Under ancient Roman penal practice, crucifixion was also a means of exhibiting the criminal’s low social status. It was the most dishonourable death imaginable, originally reserved for slaves, hence still called "supplicium servile" by Seneca, later extended to provincial freedmen of obscure station ('humiles').[citation needed] The citizen class of Roman society were almost never subject to capital punishments; instead, they were fined or exiled. Josephus mentions Jews of high rank who were crucified, but this was to point out that their status had been taken away from them. The Romans often broke the prisoner's legs to hasten death and usually forbade burial.[citation needed]
    This is how I understood it. I guess I assume that people the Romans needed to make an example of were the worst sort of criminals. It would be more accurate to say that this was just about the worst form of punishment they used. The death was slow and cruel.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I had that George Carlin as a wallpaper for awhile. If only I was a couple years older I would've gone to one of his shows.
    image Photobucket
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip

I have always been confused by this ever since I was little. There is only ONE god, and only ONE person you worship, correct? So why do we hold Jesus in the same regard? And God made himself into his own son to die on the cross so you would worship him.

Either way, it doesn't make any sense to me.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    wake asked me if ive ever sen the passion
    I found the movie interesting from a historical perspective... did you as well? I dont think I'd like to see it multiple times though. Once was enough.

I have always been confused by this ever since I was little. There is only ONE god, and only ONE person you worship, correct? So why do we hold Jesus in the same regard? And God made himself into his own son to die on the cross so you would worship him.

Either way, it doesn't make any sense to me.
    I don't understand this part of the Bible either. I think Jesus is the human form of God..?
    Photobucket

Jesus died so you COULD go to Heaven.
    so then once again, what about the people who lived before jesus, do they not ever get to go to heaven since jesus hadnt died for them yet?
    and since your going to say yes they can ill follow up with this question..if people could already get into heaven then what what was the significance of his sacrificial death?