Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

bible/gov bashing for shane

Comments

• JillianJillian Posts: 1,574
    That makes sense, Wake. And I agree with a lot of that.(:
    Photobucket
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah I remember when I first thought of that, I felt like I'd unlocked the secrets to the universe. And I remember telling people it in person and they were like "you should start a church, i'd join". :)) it was funny.
    edited February 2012
    Yeah I remember when I first thought of that, I felt like I'd unlocked the secrets to the universe. And I remember telling people it in person and they were like "you should start a church, i'd join". :)) it was funny.
    Lol. I think a lot of the things in the bible are metaphors. Like I don't really think the flood actually happened. I think it stands for how you should have faith in God, and know that he knows best. Or something along those lines.
    Photobucket
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited February 2012
    yes have faith in god or he'll kill all of us in a flood, what a lovely story
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    I watched a show on the history channel that proved weather caused the red sea to part, and moses knew the timing due to Aliens telling him
    The flood itself could be a metaphor for obstacles in life.
    Photobucket
    edited February 2012
    The flood itself could be a metaphor for obstacles in life.
    doubt it, its more like a scare tactic that was written thousand of years ago when they knew 1/10000 th the scientific information we have now and people would believe that if they didnt have faith god would be vengeful. if you wanna make the story into a pretty metaphor in which it wasnt intended for go ahead doe
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    the flood could have happened. got to remember that the people back then thought the world was a smaller place, and we have had floods wipe out cities before
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    the flood could have happened. got to remember that the people back then thought the world was a smaller place, and we have had floods wipe out cities before
    True, it could have.
    Photobucket
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Lol. I think a lot of the things in the bible are metaphors.
    Yep, i agree. People get so hung up on the littlest of things with that collection of books, when in all actuality I think the core theme is pretty simple. It can be summed up as simple as this- What is the most important thing you could dedicate your life too? Loving God. As Jesus stated when asked what is the most important commandment? "To love the lord your God with all your heart and all your mind and all your might" And what is the second most important commandment? "To love your neighbor as yourself". And what is the third most important commandment? All the rest are equal.

People that believe in God or want to critique the bible, really missed the main core message of the books. Jesus said it as simply as he possibly could and it was represented in stories of his actions. Like when he was crucified. Crucifixion was reserved for the the worst of the worst back then. You had to be like a child murder and rapist to be crucified. And while Jesus was being crucified one of the criminals that was also being crucified was hurling insults and calling him names, while the other said something like "You dont deserve this, I deserve this. im an awful person, but please when you get to your kingdom, just remember that I didnt want you to have to go through this". And he responds "be happy, for today you will be with me in heaven."

How can anyone read the book and say "well the bible says blah is a sin, so if you are gay/woman/black/not killing goats/etc then you are going to hell". Are you kidding me? I can assure you that being gay is not worse then what that man being crucified with Jesus did. and he was in. It's a powerful message really.

idk, if I believed in there being a God, I'd think the bible delivers a pretty powerful message.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    There's evidence there was a great flood
    imageimage
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    god AND goddess of your choosing > one male god forced upon you
    imageimage
    lol wake your dead wrong about the crucifying, u need to educate yourself more on that...crucifying was the number one way to kill a person back then..even the people that jesus died with were not murders or rapists or anything like that
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited February 2012
    Oh and "loving your neighbor as yourself" is basically a rewording of "Treat others as you would like to be treated". If that isnt a damn good message I dont know what fucking is. And That is the second most important message from the bible as said so by the main protagonist of the book.

So as you can see, there are things I do admire about that collection of books. I just dont buy the assumption "In the beginning God" (Assume god exists then)
    Lol. I think a lot of the things in the bible are metaphors.
    Yep, i agree. People get so hung up on the littlest of things with that collection of books, when in all actuality I think the core theme is pretty simple. It can be summed up as simple as this- What is the most important thing you could dedicate your life too? Loving God. As Jesus stated when asked what is the most important commandment? "To love the lord your God with all your heart and all your mind and all your might" And what is the second most important commandment? "To love your neighbor as yourself". And what is the third most important commandment? All the rest are equal.

People that believe in God or want to critique the bible, really missed the main core message of the books. Jesus said it as simply as he possibly could and it was represented in stories of his actions. Like when he was crucified. Crucifixion was reserved for the the worst of the worst back then. You had to be like a child murder and rapist to be crucified. And while Jesus was being crucified one of the criminals that was also being crucified was hurling insults and calling him names, while the other said something like "You dont deserve this, I deserve this. im an awful person, but please when you get to your kingdom, just remember that I didnt want you to have to go through this". And he responds "be happy, for today you will be with me in heaven."

How can anyone read the book and say "well the bible says blah is a sin, so if you are gay/woman/black/not killing goats/etc then you are going to hell". Are you kidding me? I can assure you that being gay is not worse then what that man being crucified with Jesus did. and he was in. It's a powerful message really.

idk, if I believed in there being a God, I'd think the bible delivers a pretty powerful message.
    It does deliver a powerful message. It's sad it has been interpreted so wrong. How many times has said everyone is equal? Like more than I can count. Yet people still try and say being gay is a sin? Are you joking? And people have no right to judge others, when God is the only judge. Not everyone goes to Heaven. Your ass isn't saved because of him dying on the cross. You have to put some effort in. He died on the cross so you COULD go to Heaven and spend eternity with him. And I love that story of the other man on the cross telling Jesus that he didn't deserve to be there. It's kind of saying people who may seem and look bad, really aren't that bad at all. That's just kind of how I see it. I don't think God cares about religion, but about the relationship you have with him. I don't think he cares about your race, sexuality, gender, or religion. He still loves you the same.
    Photobucket
    lol wake your dead wrong about the crucifying, u need to educate yourself more on that...crucifying was the number one way to kill a person back then..even the people that jesus died with were not murders or rapists or anything like that
    This isnt even biblical. Specifically with the Romans Crucifixion was often performed to terrorize and dissuade its witnesses from perpetrating particularly heinous crimes. There are many Roman documents that back up this use of it, as well as document other forms of death sentences that were less painful/brutal. Pilate himself did not want to sentence Jesus to death by Crucifixion. It was done so at the calls of the people.

Nola, you should watch Passion of the Christ. I know a movie does prove when the Romans used Crucifixion for punishment, however its a rather historically interesting movie.
    That's just kind of how I see it. I don't think God cares about religion, but about the relationship you have with him. I don't think he cares about your race, sexuality, gender, or religion. He still loves you the same.
    If I believed in God, I'd believe the same thing.