Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

bible/gov bashing for shane

Comments

• JillianJillian Posts: 1,574
    I don't think it's necessarily changed, just interpreted wrong. They made something sacred into something that's become kind of a joke, and that's sad.
    Photobucket
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I am too, but I already mentioned how I don't understand why people try to tell me I'm wrong (Nola). It's not worth their time. Not going to change my mind. People can believe in whatever as long as they don't try to prove me wrong and slam my religion.
    jesus christ this is why i dont talk to children. i never said you were wrong.. i said your views of the afterlife are not consistent with your religion..look it up if u want. i also said that people praying provides comfort in the brian, thats why it makes you feel good..through brain impulses... believe what you want but if your not open to discussion then get out of the fire
    I never said I was a hardcore Christian, Nola. If I was, I'd think homosexuality is wrong and abortion is wrong. I'm open to discuss, but dismissing what I said is pretty much telling me I'm wrong IMO. Besides, I'm not gonna have a conversation with someone who didn't really understand the Bible.
    Photobucket
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    ok say you find the lover of your life around 15 years old, you get married say 5 years later, and lets say 5 years after that your love of your life dies at 25 years old. now it takes some time and you move on, get married again have kids with this second wife and grow old. now lets say you live a good life and die at 75 years old. now what happens when you get to "heaven". who do you spend eternity with? the love of your life whom died 50 years prior but is still the love of your life or your second partner whom you've spent the majority of you life with? and how is it fair to the person you dont choose?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    taking something with a grain of salt and calling something complete bullshit are different stances entirely lol
    I know :))
    imageimage
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I take everything in the bible with a grain of salt. People have changed it too much where I call that book a bunch of bullshit
    I think there is a message in the bible that is still relevant today.

Jesus himself was portrayed as someone who would show compassion to anyone. Think of Jesus as the star QB of a HS, he walks into the lunch room and there are the jocks, and the preps, and the cheerleaders all begging for him to come sit at their table.... and he walks past all of them and sits down with the special ed kids, because they need the most help in life. That's who he was (or is portrayed as)

I think this is an important message that is still valid today. You shouldnt be a good person because to get fame or anything like that. You should have compassion on others because its the right thing to do.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ok say you find the lover of your life around 15 years old, you get married say 5 years later, and lets say 5 years after that your love of your life dies at 25 years old. now it takes some time and you move on, get married again have kids with this second wife and grow old. now lets say you live a good life and die at 75 years old. now what happens when you get to "heaven". who do you spend eternity with? the love of your life whom died 50 years prior but is still the love of your life or your second partner whom you've spent the majority of you life with? and how is it fair to the person you dont choose?
    All is fair in Heaven. No pain, anger, or anything negative. I think once you die, you're welcomed by someone you love and you feel safe around. I think you won't really have to choose.
    Photobucket
    I also think organized religion shouldn't exsist *shrug*
    imageimage
    What's your definition of organized religion?
    Photobucket
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i blame the catholics for all the religious issues in the world
    The Catholics are fucking crazy.
    Photobucket
    Anything that requires you to go to church or take time out of your day to "praise god". I think if you want to do that you should do it however you please or you see fit. Not because of some religion telling you so
    imageimage
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    The Catholics are fucking crazy.
    i've done a lot of studying of world religions and the history behind them. Catholics changed the bible to apply to their religion, left books out on purpose that went against their beliefs, and are the biggest hipocrits in the world
    All is fair in Heaven. No pain, anger, or anything negative. I think once you die, you're welcomed by someone you love and you feel safe around. I think you won't really have to choose.
    After reading the bible and being at a point in my life of belief in God I developed the following theory based partially on scripture. (Note - I am going to write this as if I currently believe it, however I do not anymore because i dont believe in God)

I believe that in life we are all spiritually asleep (for lack of better words). During life you really don't know what love is really... but the moment you die, you will have an overwhelming feeling of who Christ is, you will become spiritually awake. And the only desire you will have is to be near Chirst in the light. To feel loved by him and be with him for all eternity. And you didn't live your life for him, and obey his commandments then you will be cast to hell, where hell is simply a voidness that is absent of any presence of God. As humans that might not sound that bad, but try and picture loving someone so much that every fiber of your being longs for that person.... and try and imagine being locked away in the dark, never to be with that person, but always longing to be with that person for eternity. Revelations talks about hell being fire and brimstone, however I feel that was more a metaphor for what I am describing because death by fire is probably the worst imaginable pain we humans can imagine. So getting back to this question of who would you spend your life with, your first or second wife... That is meaningless. You spend your eternity in praise and worship of God. You spend eternity being near him and loving how great he is. You will love all people in heaven equally below God, but you will all be happy and loved in his family.

something like that.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    anyone who follows the bible or any other religious text is a fool

i don't believe the stories people tell me on an every day basis. even my family. there's no way i'm going to believe the rantings of goat herders from 2000 years ago
    Anything that requires you to go to church or take time out of your day to "praise god". I think if you want to do that you should do it however you please or you see fit. Not because of some religion telling you so
    I agree. I don't really like church, but I have a good relationship with God.
    Photobucket
    I saw a funny one-liner the other day... lets see if I can find it again. oh here it is...