Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** post pics of your HOUSE

Comments

• RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    It's still awesome looking, Wake. :p

I found a picture of my place from its listing online when we got it. :bz

imageimage
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    did you live there during Katrina?
    Yep. Fun times.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yep. Fun times.
    Did you live in that same place? Did you get flooded?
    Yep. Fun times.
    Did you live in that same place? Did you get flooded?
    No, this is a different place. During Katrina, I lived about 30 miles out of New Orleans in a town called St. John the Baptist. That's actually where I grew up. I moved into this place in '07.
    So did you and/or family lose much during Katrina? I saw lots of pictures of the devastation, however I am not familiar with the geography of that area so I never really had a clear grasp on what areas were harder hit.

Why are you still living there? Seems like Katrina proved that isnt a great place to live. Have you considered moving?
    edited January 2012
    So did you and/or family lose much during Katrina? I saw lots of pictures of the devastation, however I am not familiar with the geography of that area so I never really had a clear grasp on what areas were harder hit.
    It was mainly the downtown area of New Orleans. Which is very small portion of the city. But if you watched the national media coverage, I can understand people getting the wrong idea because they made it seem like the entire fucking city was underwater. But anyways, we didn't lose anything. Had very little damage down. I know people though, that had absolutely nothing left other then themselves.
    Why are you still living there? Seems like Katrina proved that isnt a great place to live. Have you considered moving?
    I still live here simply just because I love it. There's no city that can touch the character that New Orleans has to offer. I've been all over the world, and it always ends the same way...can't wait to get back to Nola. All Katrina proved is one day it'll make for a helluva a movie. This city is bigger and better than ever. We just pulled in $450 million in these past 8 days alone from hosting all of these sporting events. Katrina was a mere bump in the road. We learned. Fixed what needed to be fixed, and we've moved on. I just wish the national media would do the same. We're doing just fine.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Ugly house but my dad only had a little over a week to find a place for us. We move a lot. We only have the bottom floor: 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 bathrooms, livingroom, diningroom, kitchen, backyard. Our upstairs neighbors just moved out and apparently our landlord might be renting the upstairs to a guy in a metal band. ;))

This is the place we just got evicted from. :( We had the whole thing.

My campus apartment building.

This is hopefully where Bianca and I will be living come fall. 12 floors. Card access only. 2 bedrooms, kitchen, livingroom, 2 bathrooms. The ground floor also has a gym that hasn't opened yet.

Ground floor has eateries.

This is part of the lobby which has 24hr security.

kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    edited January 2012
    this is my place...we have the downstairs...and this pic is at least a year or two old cause the neighbors took down the fence on the right a while ago...they were going to build a new one but only got as far as digging the hole and leaning the posts in them (but not sealed with cement so there just kinda leaning on the dirl lol welcome to the westside!!!)

imageimageimage
    oh yeah also the bushes out front are gone...and there is a small wooden railing on the stairs now

This is hopefully where Bianca and I will be living come fall. 12 floors. Card access only. 2 bedrooms, kitchen, livingroom, 2 bathrooms. The ground floor also has a gym that hasn't opened yet.

That's way nicer then the apartment I lived in when I went to college \m/
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer

That's way nicer then the apartment I lived in when I went to college \m/
    Yeah, it's quite nice. Built in 2005. I've been on the 6th floor quite a bit. :)) We'd try for the brand new apartments but they're on a different campus and cost more and I'd have to luck out...hell, I'm hoping to luck out to get into Rockoff.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    edited January 2012
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    Here are pictures of my current house, however they arent my pictures and we have done a lot of renovation to the house... Like New carpet throughout, Stainless still appliances, new pool liner (looks way better)... Next up is redoing the kitchen with Solid Granite, maybe new cupboards.

Damn that's sick wake!
    edited January 2012
    this is my place...we have the downstairs...and this pic is at least a year or two old cause the neighbors took down the fence on the right a while ago...they were going to build a new one but only got as far as digging the hole and leaning the posts in them (but not sealed with cement so there just kinda leaning on the dirl lol welcome to the westside!!!)
    Looks like it has good character. I would expect to see the inside with full hardwood floors, and I'd expect there to be some leather recliners so I can chill while drinking the whiskey you'd offer me while visiting \m/
    lol...well actually underneath its all wood floors...but its about a block from Downtown....this area used to be really really bad...not its just eh..kinda bad....but yeah the house is well over 100 years old..very early 1900's...its not the nicest place at all on the inside...but its home and has been for 10 years now....plus rents cheap
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Anyways, this is where I live... 8th floor of this place.

Views from the balcony...
    I love winning with women
    Id like to be a college kid living there \m/
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    It's a pretty damn nice place. It was an apartment complex that ASU bought out. We actually have the best room in the complex (hardwood floors and new, more modern, carpet). I'll be here for about another year and a half in all (this semester, next semester, then the following fall).
    I love winning with women
    What's the rent?