Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2012 Presidential Election Thread

Comments

• AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    ^ that's pretty much how I feel. Freedom is the #1 issue for me right now. The defense act makes it even more important now.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Ron Paul for 2012
    no way. i understand his appeal, but his is not the road i want to travel
    I was surprised by newt too but I do agree with him on a few things so I guess that's where it came from. I think newt would make a good vp although I think huntsman would make the best vp. I would vote Paul/huntsman
    Ron Paul for 2012
    What don't you like about him? Just wondering
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    fuck newt keep that lobbying fuck away from my white house
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited December 2011
    fuck newt keep that lobbying fuck away from my white house
    100% agree. Newt would be as bad or worse then Bush. Didnt the dude get a felony drug charge against him? I thought being a convicted felon takes away your right to run for president?

Edit - man I cant find anything on it. I feel like I remember him getting arrested for something, and it was funny because of how hypocritical it made him look.
    I don't agree with most things newt says but I think he is the most intelligent person running. That's not to say he is a good candidate just a smart person. I think at times that's his problem he is to smart for his own good.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i hope he gets hit by a bus
    Ron Paul for 2012
    the freedoms he wants will create the breakdown of our infrastructure and cause wars between states. personal freedom is cool, but when you start letting the market control things like clean air and water, you're headed for a lot of trouble. i went over most of this in my "ron paul" thread.
    i hope he gets hit by a bus
    after being sodomized by some ex prison inmate.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    ron paul is the only one who makes any sense for this country
    Ron Paul for 2012
    the freedoms he wants will create the breakdown of our infrastructure and cause wars between states. personal freedom is cool, but when you start letting the market control things like clean air and water, you're headed for a lot of trouble. i went over most of this in my "ron paul" thread.
    well the fact that we are being stripped of our rights right now makes this sounds much better

and i highly doubt he wants things to go as far as clean air and water being controlled...either way michigan ftw
    I think it would be awesome if Ron Paul overwhelmingly won the Republican primary nomination, but then the Republican National convention didnt make him their candidate because they dont support his positions. It would be so epic. I think people might go ape shit.
    Ron Paul for 2012
    well the fact that we are being stripped of our rights right now makes this sounds much better

if you stripped away his fiscal policy, i have no problem with the man...or just about any true libertarian
    I think it would be awesome if Ron Paul overwhelmingly won the Republican primary nomination, but then the Republican National convention didnt make him their candidate because they dont support his positions. It would be so epic. I think people might go ape shit.
    its going to be very hard for him to win the nomination...the last thing the goverment wants is a guy who will actually do good for this country even in the running for the presidency

and i highly doubt he wants things to go as far as clean air and water being controlled...either way michigan ftw
    you don't understand what you're talking about then. read up
    Ron Paul for 2012

if you stripped away his fiscal policy, i have no problem with the man...or just about any true libertarian
    i love the fact that he wants to audit the fed....even if he were to be elected it would probably still never happen because of how bad it would make our country look...but fuck it needs to happen

you don't understand what you're talking about then. read up
    iv read quite a bit sir...either way i just hope obama doesn't get re elected...either way if its not paul i feel like we are fucked

its going to be very hard for him to win the nomination...the last thing the goverment wants is a guy who will actually do good for this country even in the running for the presidency

I disagree with your comment. Really the last thing the government wants is someone who will remove the controlling party from power. The last thing they want is someone who wont go along with the system they have set up, and not succumb to their special interests.

Right now Ron Paul is leading most preliminary polls. It is very likely he could win the popular Republican primary, but that doesnt mean the Republican National Convention will chose him. That's what I was saying.... I'd love to see how ape shit people went if Ron Paul was voted the Republican candidate, but the Republicans decided to make their nomination be like Mitt Rommey instead.