Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

9/11

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Damn, the 9/11 memorial looks amazing and beautiful.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    watching the live coverage from when it happened on msnbc.....so many emotions returning
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    Damn, the 9/11 memorial looks amazing and beautiful.
    i agree.....super tasteful....I'm glad they let ONLY family in today.....they are also issuing (free) tickets in the future to keep the number of sightseers to 1500 at a time on the memorial sight, so it doesn't get overrun......
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    That's good. Family should have been the only ones in today anyway.
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    a few days ago, the youth soccer team I help coach had practice and the soccer director came over and was talking about this weekend's matches and what not...He and some other coaches were conferring about Saturday's schedule, and I mentioned offhandedly that I had one more quick flying lesson on Saturday.....it didn't go over very well......
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    NBC had terrible coverage of this live. Those people all should have lost their jobs. Matt Lauer, Katie Kouric, brutally bad how they didn't capture the magnitude of what happened with their reporting
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    who fukkin carez

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited September 2011
    Matt Lauer's a faggot anyways. Dissed mah nigguh Kanye.
  • I was in 2nd grade at recess, they called us in and we talked about how terrorists were bad people, and to not trust strangers. Later that day my parents told me the whole story.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    i dont remember it really because i was in like 2nd grade... but i since watched the vids on youtube and understood the affects. the anger and sadness i felt was like nothing i had experienced. i can only imagine how the people who were involved feel. My heart goes out to the victims, and their families, and everyone else who was affected that day.

**== Patriots Day
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    As a person who considers themselves a member of a 9/11 family, it really bothers me that there is a lot of single day patriotism today.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i have a hard time with the word "patriotism".... i am proud and horribly ashamed of my country sometimes, i personally would rather think abou tthe individual acts of goodness rather than just celebrate our country as a whole..its hard to explain..
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited September 2011
    I'm not a patriot by any means. We live in a terrible country, and quite frankly, today doesn't bother me, nor do I feel any sadness, not because I was young, but because I'm used to, and expect nothing but negative out of this shithole planet we live on. I wouldn't have been shocked or sad at all if we got attacked again today, I was expecting it in fact.

*Inb4 Erik's an asshole, even though I'm only being a realist.*

P.S. I do feel for the families that lost people, but as I stated, the attack in itself, was only something that can be expected out of humans, and I have no sadness about that day.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm not a patriot by any means. We live in a terrible country, and quite frankly, today doesn't bother me, nor do I feel any sadness, not because I was young, but because I'm used to, and expect nothing but negative out of this shithole planet we live on. I wouldn't have been shocked or sad at all if we got attacked again today, I was expecting it in fact.

*Inb4 Erik's an asshole, even though I'm only being a realist.*

P.S. I do feel for the families that lost people, but as I stated, the attack in itself, was only something that can be expected out of humans, and I have no sadness about that day.
    You're not an asshole, you're just not using your brain correctly
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    As a person who considers themselves a member of a 9/11 family, it really bothers me that there is a lot of single day patriotism today.
    that always bothered me too..... the following weeks/months after the attack i got why people did it. To rally together and get over what had just happened, but year after year people were just phoning it in during one week a year to a point where nobody ever really did anything the last few years
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I know this will come off as something tasteless and horrible, but to me this comes off in a hipster sense of attitude.

image Photobucket
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Just finishing up watching 102 Minutes That Changed America. I've seen this a lot of other times, but man... it's so unreal. I stood on the sidewalk outside Ground Zero on two occasions and it's unbelievably eerie. I can't even imagine being there that morning.
    I love winning with women
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I know this will come off as something tasteless and horrible, but to me this comes off in a hipster sense of attitude.
    I guess, but it just bothers me that these are the same people who are going to work or school today as if being so solemn about yesterday makes them a good person. It doesn't work like that.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page