Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

9/11

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I was in first grade. They told us something about there was fires spreading or something and that we shouldn't walk home.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    I was in 4th grade and had no idea what happened except that everyone was getting called for early dismissals and I was upset my mom never came to get me. I did see Flight 93 though, it passed over here before it crashed in Shanksville.
    I basically had the same thing happen except i didnt have the plane fly over. I was so confused that day until my mom fully explained it.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    may justice come to all those who were involved
    **==
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I woke up at 5:30 to my Mom crying hysterically trying to find my Dad who was still in the South tower.

Most vivid memory of my entire life.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    Because I question the motives/responsible parties doesn't mean my heart doesn't go out to the 2996 people that where killed that day, and the loved ones they left behind. That is the reason I get angry when I see evidence that their deaths were in anyway designed to motivate military action.....

I was a Corrections Officer at Stateville C.C. in Joliet in 2001, and I remember waking up around 730 that morning...I always watch the news in the morning, and I basically saw the coverage from the very first.....I (like) CNN, first thought it was an accident.....That's exactly what it looked like...
    I was assigned to the 2nd shift at the prison (3-11) and a SORT Team member, and by 11am they had called all 3 shifts in to lock the place down. Our entire armory was issued out that day. We literally had Officers on the outer drives by Route 53 and Division street, forming a perimeter....All outer wall towers were double staffed, and they usually only did that back whenever someone was executed there....Illinois had decided to shut/lock down every state building and facility. It was fucking wild and a little scary to be honest....I remember thinking that it was going to be an ongoing thing, like every day we were gonna get hit somewhere in the country...I wasn't sure how big the plot would end up being. I had two babies at the time and was sick about the world they were born into...
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I was in 8th grade. I was sitting in science class and our history teacher came running in and yelled turn on the tv now. From that point until we left school that day all we did was watch the coverage. After science I had history class and I'll always remember the first thing the teacher said when we first got in there and sat down. " today I will not be teaching, we will watch the coverage the entire time. Do not talk during it unless it is about what is going on and pay attention. This is history today and I cannot teach you anything more than what you are witnessing today. You will remember this day and this moment the rest of your lives." she was right I so far I have remembered. What was amazing was the amount of respect we all showed nobody got out of line and we all sat in silence to watch. Not one head down sleeping nothing.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    just think how many more conspiracy theories will be going around once the majority of people that witnessed it die.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I was in 11th grade. I walked into class and the teacher had the TV on and said a plane accidently hit the world trade center, so we were watching and boom, the other plane hit, I saw it live. We were sent home a few hrs later and when I got home I found out about the pentagon and the other flight lateron. RIP to all who died on that day.

Bianca, sorry for your loss.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i was at work at OneBeacon Insurance in Foxboro, MA on the phone with an old friend when the first plane hit the towers. i got off the phone and was looking at teh web trying to figure out what happened, when the second plane hit. 9 months later i worked at a company that had 14 employees on one of the planes that hit the towers. Got to see the memorial every day when i entered the building. It really doesn't hit you unless you have names / faces with that large number that dies on that day. RIP to everyone that dies on that day and every victim of terrorist attacks everywhere. God bless our troops that protect us everyday. And fuck off to the conspiracy theorists who take away from what our troops / government does to protect us daily
    Also, while at OneBeacon, the FBI did some research of all of our records on insurance policies that the terrorists took out right before the flights. was pretty interesting. one of the terrorists had a personal policy that gave to his family in Saudi. FBI of course froze it
    John it's possible to love our troops, yet question the government....Our armed forces are a mighty sword that is sometimes wielded by government officials who make a mockery of Patriotism....
    i find it disrespectful to even bring this up when people are celebrating / mourning the victims deaths
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Im watching the memorial live. Later on im going to watch the show that had the two french film brothers who were following one of the firehouses around all day. Me and my mom watched and recorded it. We still have it on vhs. The part that gets me the most is when they are in the tower and you just her bodies slam into the cars.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    I was in history class w/ my one teacher. He was really, really strict, a teacher came in to tell us about the first plane and he said, "Everyone shut your books, no more work, no homework." Then they announced for ALL kids who had parents who worked in the twin towers to report to the office now and a lot of kids left classes and had to form in the hallway. They announced the second tower got struck.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTie_yNTeqo

good tribute video by local massachusetts band MASS
    sweet Holy War Action Movie
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    why dont you guuys just bump last years 9/11 thread where you all p[osted where you were when it fukkin happened st00pid

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

sweet Holy War Action Movie
    lol....a fan of MASS made the vid, not the band. overall, a good job

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I was in 4th grade when it happend. I remember it being one of the worst day's that i remember. Rip to all the people that lost their lives on 9/11.