Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Weird News Threadz

Comments

• TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    THIS JUST IN:

New studies show that full scale military invasions of sovereign nations has severe side effects, including but not limited to; homelessness, rape, loss of property, widespread infrastructure collapse, dismemberment, forced relocation, and death.
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    What the fuck.

SpongeBob impairs little kids' thinking, study finds
    http://www.latimes.com/health/boostershots/la-heb-spongebob-squarepants-children-brain-20110912,0,2849965.story

The "experiment" they did is just fucking laughable. They used ONLY 60 kids, which were pre-schoolers who shouldn't be watching Spongebob as something educational anyway. Then, they equated 9 minutes of watching an episode as enough time to be brain damaged by it.

Science, I am disappoint.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    I think Kids should be tarded up a lil so theyll believe in teh american dream :-?

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    A 64-year-old Missouri man has legally changed his name from "George F. Blackburn" to "Led Zeppelin II." Yes, like the 1969 album by Led Zeppelin. "I reinvented myself," Zeppelin told Stltoday.com via BoingBoing. "Since I became Led Zeppelin, my life has improved a thousand fold."

Apparently reinventing yourself as an album is quite easy in Missouri -- a legal name change costs around $200 and can't be blocked by a judge if he or she finds the new moniker "would be proper and not detrimental to the interests of any other person." The person seeking the change also can't be trying to defraud creditors or hide from the law. Another guy profiled in this story is now known as "Robert 52 Jackson" because he's a big 50 Cent fan, and his son is named 52.

But back to our friend Zeppelin, who tells Stltoday he's been a lifelong fan of zeppelins (the balloons) and Zeppelin (the band), who he saw live in Chicago in the late 1960s. His ex-wife calls him L.Z. or Zep. He finds this all quite normal. "I don't want to appear to be some off-the-wall, drug-addict idiot," he said. "I just changed my name from the standpoint that I can be a better person than I used to be." What could be better than the triple whammy "Whole Lotta Love," "What Is and What Never Should Be," and "The Lemon Song" that opens Side One of Led Zeppelin II? Well, all of Led Zeppelin IV, but we won't quibble.
  • A 64-year-old Missouri man has legally changed his name from "George F. Blackburn" to "Led Zeppelin II." Yes, like the 1969 album by Led Zeppelin. "I reinvented myself," Zeppelin told Stltoday.com via BoingBoing. "Since I became Led Zeppelin, my life has improved a thousand fold."

Apparently reinventing yourself as an album is quite easy in Missouri -- a legal name change costs around $200 and can't be blocked by a judge if he or she finds the new moniker "would be proper and not detrimental to the interests of any other person." The person seeking the change also can't be trying to defraud creditors or hide from the law. Another guy profiled in this story is now known as "Robert 52 Jackson" because he's a big 50 Cent fan, and his son is named 52.

But back to our friend Zeppelin, who tells Stltoday he's been a lifelong fan of zeppelins (the balloons) and Zeppelin (the band), who he saw live in Chicago in the late 1960s. His ex-wife calls him L.Z. or Zep. He finds this all quite normal. "I don't want to appear to be some off-the-wall, drug-addict idiot," he said. "I just changed my name from the standpoint that I can be a better person than I used to be." What could be better than the triple whammy "Whole Lotta Love," "What Is and What Never Should Be," and "The Lemon Song" that opens Side One of Led Zeppelin II? Well, all of Led Zeppelin IV, but we won't quibble.
    Zeppelin is great and all... but really??? hahaha
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    wutzup LED? lolz

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - An order error at a fast-food restaurant almost cost an employee his life.

A man placed an order at a Taco Bell in Missouri last Saturday then drove home and noticed he hadn't been given his hot sauce.

Police say the man went back to the restaurant, handed the order back, and pointed a loaded shotgun in a window.

Police used surveillance video to make an arrest.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/offbeat/man-threats-taco-bell-employee-with-shotgun-after-forgetting-part-of-order-092111#ixzz1YbVFmZms
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    America!... where you have the freedom to lose your life over a penny's worth of watered down tomato paste that people like to call "hot sauce".

FUCK YEAH!
    I wouldn't be surprised if Taco Bell got mad at the employee for not making the customer happy.
    thats why you check your bag before leaving..... (also the reason why there is now space AFTER the window)
    I don't understand people who get so pissed off about food. I admit, I get a little annoyed when I get home and realize my chips aren't there, but I'm annoyed with myself for not checking. And plus, it's just fucking food. Some people don't have the luxury of going to Taco Bell at two in the morning because they're bored, or got the midnight munchies and don't want anything in their pantry and fridge that's full of food.
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    I don't understand people who get so pissed off about food. I admit, I get a little annoyed when I get home and realize my chips aren't there, but I'm annoyed with myself for not checking. And plus, it's just fucking food. Some people don't have the luxury of going to Taco Bell at two in the morning because they're bored, or got the midnight munchies and don't want anything in their pantry and fridge that's full of food.
    yeah i don't have that luxury. the closest Taco Bell to me is over 2 hours away

yeah i don't have that luxury. the closest Taco Bell to me is over 2 hours away
    That sucks. D:
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    if my order is fucked up once in a blue moon i dont mind...but if a place is constantly fucking up more oreder then fuck them...i dont eat burgers tho so my orders are usually pretty hard to mess up
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    .....not even muffburgers?
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    a long time ago i worked at burger king for about a month and a friend of mine worked there too, and he was the king of fucking up orders. he would constantly put together a burger minus the burger :)) . he would forget to put the burgers in the buns and just wrap it up and send it out LOL.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    closeenough.jpg
  • The country Turkey has banned all men from attending football (soccer) games, in hopes of making a more "safe" environment. http://www.npr.org/2011/09/21/140659557/turkey-bans-men-from-some-soccer-games
    lol.... that will never last