Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Weird News Threadz

Comments

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    didnt read the whole thing but i lol'd at "Charles "Jason" Darnell". does he use an alias for his middle name? lol
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    Oh my god, even though those parents seem pretty irresponsible, they don't deserve THAT long in prison. It's not like they meant for it to happen.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Astronomers discover planet made of diamond

LONDON — Astronomers have spotted an exotic planet that seems to be made of diamond racing around a tiny star in our galactic backyard.

The new planet is far denser than any other known so far and consists largely of carbon. Because it is so dense, scientists calculate the carbon must be crystalline, so a large part of this strange world will effectively be diamond.

"The evolutionary history and amazing density of the planet all suggest it is comprised of carbon -- i.e. a massive diamond orbiting a neutron star every two hours in an orbit so tight it would fit inside our own Sun," said Matthew Bailes of Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne.

Lying 4,000 light years away, or around an eighth of the way toward the center of the Milky Way from the Earth, the planet is probably the remnant of a once-massive star that has lost its outer layers to the so-called pulsar star it orbits.

Pulsars are tiny, dead neutron stars that are only around 20 kilometers (12.4 miles) in diameter and spin hundreds of times a second, emitting beams of radiation.

In the case of pulsar J1719-1438, the beams regularly sweep the Earth and have been monitored by telescopes in Australia, Britain and Hawaii, allowing astronomers to detect modulations due to the gravitational pull of its unseen companion planet.

The measurements suggest the planet, which orbits its star every two hours and 10 minutes, has slightly more mass than Jupiter but is 20 times as dense, Bailes and colleagues reported in the journal Science on Thursday.

In addition to carbon, the new planet is also likely to contain oxygen, which may be more prevalent at the surface and is probably increasingly rare toward the carbon-rich center.

Its high density suggests the lighter elements of hydrogen and helium, which are the main constituents of gas giants like Jupiter, are not present.

Just what this weird diamond world is actually like close up, however, is a mystery.

"In terms of what it would look like, I don't know I could even speculate," said Ben Stappers of the University of Manchester. "I don't imagine that a picture of a very shiny object is what we're looking at here."
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    *the pic has nothing to do with the article; just a nice addition
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    damn the diamond market just fell to low perportions..... even trailer trash will be wearinz bling bling

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    That's fucking epic. Now if only we could get to it...
    I love winning with women
    LANCASTER, Ohio -- Authorities in central Ohio are trying to solve a panties puzzle: why hundreds of pairs of mostly women's underwear were dumped along the side of a road.
    Fairfield County Deputy Gary Hummel said Thursday the undergarments were found in trees and on hillsides in several spots this week on a road in Berne Township, about 30 miles southeast of Columbus.
    He said some of the panties were still folded the way they'd come in packaging, while others appeared to have been worn.
    There were nearly 1,700 pairs in all, in a mix of colors and patterns. Hummel said when collected, they filled 10 large trash bags.
    He said investigators are "baffled" as to where the panties came from.

[-(

blue turbins

LANCASTER, Ohio -- Authorities in central Ohio are trying to solve a panties puzzle: why hundreds of pairs of mostly women's underwear were dumped along the side of a road.
    Fairfield County Deputy Gary Hummel said Thursday the undergarments were found in trees and on hillsides in several spots this week on a road in Berne Township, about 30 miles southeast of Columbus.
    He said some of the panties were still folded the way they'd come in packaging, while others appeared to have been worn.
    There were nearly 1,700 pairs in all, in a mix of colors and patterns. Hummel said when collected, they filled 10 large trash bags.
    He said investigators are "baffled" as to where the panties came from.
    maybe this is another rebellious act by women, only this time instead of burning bras they're littering with their panties?
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    no itz that prevert Gnomez dropping himz stash off because heez fuct up that way

[-(

blue turbins

Cops: Man had sex with inflatable pool raft

HAMILTON - A repeat public indecency offender has been arrested for allegedly engaging in "sexual activity" with a pink inflatable swimming pool raft, according to Hamilton police.

Edwin Charles Tobergta, 32, was arrested at his Harmon Avenue home early Sunday after he was spotted in the act in an alley in the 1800 block of Howell Avenue behind a residence, a police report shows.

A male witness, who owns the raft and lives in the home near the alley, told Hamilton Police Officer William Thacker he shouted at the suspect to stop.

Tobergta took the raft and fled, the report states.

When police caught up with him, he admitted to the crime and begged for help, according to police.

"Defendant advised officers that he was doing it but only because he has a problem and that he needs help and please don't send him to prison but send him somewhere to get help," the report reads.

Tobergta, who remains at the Hamilton city jail, had been arrested at least five times for similar offenses, most recently in 2008, Hamilton Municipal Court records state.

Tobergta’s grandmother, Linda Tobergta, cried as she explained to a reporter Wednesday how the family has tried to seek mental care for her grandson over the years, to no avail. He suffers from Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and has abused his medication in the past, she said.

“He has a lot of mental problems and he’s always had a fascination for plastic,” she said. “That’s just it. That’s all of it. We never could get the proper care for Edwin. It’s like nobody cares.”
    http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110831/NEWS010701/110831014/Cops-Man-had-sex-inflatable-pool-raft?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
    --------------

Poor little guy. He seems to have a lot of problems. :(
    :-? i wonder if that comparez to buttsechz

[-(

blue turbins

i am drawing a blank for a good "seaman" joke X(
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    edited September 2011
    He suffers from Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and has abused his medication in the past, she said.
    what the fuck does buttsechzing a raft have to do with ADD? kids got a damn fetish. let him fuck some plastic and let him be happy
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Why would you fuck a raft lol.
    edited September 2011

what the fuck does buttsechzing a raft have to do with ADD? kids got a damn fetish. let him fuck some plastic and let him be happy
    Well they mentioned that he was abusing his medicine for it, so I think that probably has a lot to do with him humping rafts in public, lol.
    Plastic fetish. People are odd creatures.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I don't know what's funnier the fact the guy fucked a raft or the fact he stole the raft lol.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D6ynYihY3U
    I love winning with women
    edited September 2011
    He suffers from Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and has abused his medication in the past, she said.
    lets start a petition that will allow people to marry inanimate objects! :))