Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Weird News Threadz

Comments

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Maine football coach resigns after accidentally posting naked photo of himself on Facebook
    .By Cameron Smith
    .PostsWebsiteEmailRSS .By Cameron Smith | Prep Rally – 16 hours ago
    Share25Email.....A longtime high school football coach in Maine has resigned after one of the more embarrassing and bizarre social media snafus in recent memory (if not of all time) when he accidentally posted a nude photo of himself on Facebook. The lewd photo was viewable by the general public and was recognized by a parent of a player on his football team, leading to the coach's self-imposed departure.

As reported by the Bangor Daily News, Associated Press and a handful of other Maine media outlets, South Paris (Me.) Oxford Hills Comprehensive High football coach Paul Withee tendered his resignation as both a football coach and math and science teacher in the Oxford Hills School District on Monday, days after he inadvertently sparked a major scandal by accidentally posting a completely nude photo of himself on his publicly viewable Facebook page.

Withee allegedly claims the racy photos were only intended for his girlfriend, but the coach -- who has led Oxford Hills' program since the 2009-10 school year -- posted them to his general Facebook profile instead.

While Withee has refused public comment on the incident, Oxford Hills Superintendent Rick Colpitts told Portland ABC affiliate WMTW that the photo was only online for approximately 10 minutes before it was removed. Despite that brief air time, Withee's rather bare photo was seen by a football parent, who immediately reported the incident. It has not been divulged whether Withee removed the photo of his own accord or whether he was told that the shot could be seen by his entire Facebook network and then took it down.

Either way, the brief nude incident raised flags for the Oxford Hills School District because of a general policy stance that allows for teachers to be friends with students on Facebook. That means that students could have possibly seen Withee's nude photo in their own timeline, even if there is no indication that any did.

That concern of exposure to Oxford Hills students motivated the school district to open its own investigation into the incident, though WMTW reported that investigation had since been closed because of Withee's resignation.

While there are any number of common sense lessons that Withee's former students can take from their teacher and coach's fall (never post naked photos of yourself anywhere on the internet chief among them), the need for strong privacy settings on social media sites is certainly likely to sink in at this point. If that does, perhaps Withee's departure won't be for naught, even if it has brought on one of the strangest justifications for a coach's departure in recent memory.

=))
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    http://www.vice.com/read/aboriginal-headbanging-167-v15n8

Don't know if it's legit, but if it is, that's pretty metal.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    \m/
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    The Plan to Dam the Hudson and Connect Manhattan to New Jersey

Back on terra firma, we’ve come across old plans for right here in New York that are nearly as ambitious as building an elevator to space or constructing your own Death Star. As we learned from Gothamist, engineer Norman Sper’s 1934 proposal to dam and fill the Hudson River would have connected Manhattan to New Jersey and added ten square miles of real estate to the city. This valuable land would have ostensibly solved the traffic and housing problems which afflicted the city at the time (and still do) by making way for the extension of the grid westward, creating a series of new avenues, cross-streets, parks, and buildings. The visionary project called for the erection of giant twin dams, with the Upper Dam located just beyond the George Washington Bridge and the Lower Dam extending from Lower Manhattan to Jersey City, rerouting the course of the Hudson and merging it with the East River. The filled-in Hudson riverbed would then have been riddled with an intricate, layered network of subterranean roads, conduits, and subway lines. Yet the project’s $1 billion pricetag effectively barred any serious research or feasibility tests from being carried out.

• Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    edited March 2012
    Police: Man blames aliens for assassination threats to governor
    =:)
    EVERETT Wash. —

Police said a man who wrote a threatening letter to the governor claimed to be under the influence of aliens.

The Washington State Patrol unit that provides protection to Gov. Chris Gregoire was forwarded a request for reconsideration letter from the Office of Administrative Hearings in Seattle from a man who said he was having hallucinations and that aliens were telling him to assassinate the governor.

The WSP requested that local police visit the man at his apartment in the 900 block of Broadway Avenue in Everett.

On Friday, Everett police visited the 50-year-old man, who police said acknowledged writing the letter. When asked about assassinating the governor, the man said, “That’s what (the aliens) are telling me to do,” a Snohomish County police document said.

According to the document, the man said he wrote the portion about the governor because he wanted them to change their decision regarding his surgery. Police said he then became agitated and said, “I’m [expletive] pissed and I’m done.”

He told officers he continues to hear from the aliens, and he only wrote the threatening letter to bring attention to his claim. He said he knew it would be dumb to harm the governor, but aliens keep telling him otherwise, the form said.

The man was arrested for investigation of threats against the governor.

While en route to jail, the man told officers, “Maybe going to jail is a good thing. They’ll think I’m [expletive] crazy and I will get my Social Security,” the document said.

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    Detroit-area woman stalked by aggressive turkey

COMMERCE TOWNSHIP, Mich. —

An Oakland County woman says she's become a prisoner on her own property, stalked and harassed by a 25-pound turkey.

Edna Geisler calls the foul bird "Godzilla." The 69-year-old told the Detroit Free Press (http://on.freep.com/xzbbJI ) that the turkey wanders near her Commerce Township property each day from nearby woods. She recently couldn't get to her front door after a trip to the grocery store.

"I have to go to the post office at 6 o'clock in the morning to avoid him," said Geisler, who has been bumped and clawed.

She has tried changing her schedule but this turkey is no dummy. A friend, Rick Reid, said the turkey went after him, too, when he opened the door on his minivan.

"He tried to come right in the door," Reid said. "He bit me on the elbow."

Indeed, a video posted online by the Free Press shows Godzilla roaming the grounds like they're his own. State wildlife expert Tim Payne said adult turkeys are known to aggressively defend their territory, although most fear people.

"This bird has probably attacked, and the person retreats," said Payne of the Department of Natural Resources. "What it tells the bird is, 'What I'm doing is good.' It reinforces the aggressive behavior."

Payne suggested Geisler open a large umbrella to drive the turkey back to the woods.

"Make some runs at the bird and become the aggressor," he said. "The bird needs to learn who's the boss."

Geisler wants the turkey gone by summer so she can work in her garden. The hunting season opens in April.

"Every time I eat turkey I smile," she said. "I'd like to do that to him."

___

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    WINTHROP, Mass. -- A Massachusetts man accused of aiming a laser pointer into the eyes of the opposing goalie at his daughter's high school hockey game is facing criminal charges.

Authorities announced Tuesday that 42-year-old Joseph Cordes will be summoned to East Boston District Court to face a charge of disturbing the peace.

Police say Cordes pointed the light at the Medway/Ashland goalie during a Feb. 29 tournament game in Winthrop, north of Boston. He was ordered out of the arena by a school official.

Winthrop won 3-1, prompting a protest from the Medway/Ashland parents who asked that the game be replayed. The Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association, the governing body for high school sports in the state, denied the appeal.

Cordes, who hasn't been arrested, told WBZ-TV he feels "like a complete jerk" and humiliated his daughter.

"My daughter, the humiliation I put her through is sickening to tell you the truth," he told the station.

Medway-Ashland goalie Kathryn Hamer said that the laser had an impact on her play.

"It's kind of like when you look at the sun and then you look away you see that spot and you can't see for a couple of seconds. You shake your head and try to get it out of the system and just keep focusing, but it's difficult," she told WBZ-TV.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ^ Wow thats fucking disgraceful.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    edited March 2012
    Hahaha.... n im going to college there
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    perfect place for you MC 8-|
    imageimage
  • TortureQueenTortureQueen Posts: 805 just the tip
    I'd copy and paste what's in the article but it won't let me so heree

http://www.freewoodpost.com/2012/03/07/bananas-and-cucumbers-deemed-too-sexual-and-will-soon-be-banned-from-some-shelves-in-tennessee/
    lol.... wtf!!! that's hilarious!!! idk about other parents but i don't give my daughters those to teach them about fallacio, its for the nutrients they get from them, they bite into them, chew them up.... as far as i know the majority of males dont want you to bite on their dick.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    edited March 2012
    When I was little my mom would cut up the banana..but that's ecause I only ate them in cereal. When it comes to cucumbers those are always cut up regardless. Pickles aren't always cut up but but that never stopped me from eating them. If someone would have stopped me and said I couldn't eat that because it's shaped like I dick...i would have laughed and told them it's food, not a dick so get your mind out of the gutter :))
    imageimage
  • TortureQueenTortureQueen Posts: 805 just the tip
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    if you look at a banana and see a penis, you have issues
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Banning Bananas and cucumbers is fucking stupid.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    when i look at bananas my dick gets hard, is that a bad thing?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    if you look at a banana and see a penis, you have issues
    If you look at any of those kinds of foods and see a penis you have issues. It's food, not penises
    imageimage
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    everybody is aware that freewoodpost.com is a satire site right?