Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Weird News Threadz

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    that's stupid. it's prolly her boyfriend being a dumbass or something
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Radcliffe admits being drunk during "Harry Potter" scenes

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Daniel Radcliffe admitted he was drunk while filming some scenes for the "Harry Potter" movies during a period in his life where he was drinking "nightly," the young star said in an interview.

"I have a very addictive personality. It was a problem. People with problems like that are very adept at hiding it. It was bad. I don't want to go into details, but I drank a lot and it was daily - I mean nightly," Radcliffe said to British celebrity news magazine Heat earlier this week.

"I can honestly say I never drank at work on 'Harry Potter.' I went into work still drunk, but I never drank at work. I can point to many scenes where I'm just gone. Dead behind the eyes," the 22-year-old actor said.

The young British star, who was propelled to fame at 11-years-old after being cast to play boy wizard Harry Potter in the movies based on J.K. Rowling's best-selling novels, discussed his "very busy personality" and also talked about his production-assistant girlfriend, who he said was "a wonderful, wonderful girl, who's far too good for me."

"I can also be quite insecure. A lot of actors have self-doubt. I live under that the whole time, and it's how I function best. I think she puts up with a lot; she says she doesn't," said Radcliffe.
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Would You Drink a Bacon Milkshake?

Once upon a time, bacon was a side dish for eggs. Now it's a milkshake flavor.

The California-based fast food chain, Jack in the Box, is selling a limited-edition indulgence not everyone will want to try.

The Bacon Shake consists of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, a maraschino cherry and "bacon flavored syrup." Based on the ingredients-sugar, preservatives, artificial flavors, a whole lot of salt-there's not an ounce of actual bacon in there.

But a 24-ounce cup does manage to pack a lot of calories. 1,081 to be exact. On the up side, it's got 17 grams of protein.

But how does it taste? "Horrific" according to Brock Keeling, a blogger at SFist, who to took the meat-flavored milkshake for a test-drive. " A heavy, lingering bland with a touch of smoke that doesn't go away," is how he describes each gulp.

That assessment would suggest a fast food fail, but the fervent devotion for bacon flavor defies logic. Anything the smokey strip touches, even in name alone, becomes a phenomenon. Jack in the Box -- which rolled out a new ad campaign with the slogan 'If you love bacon so much, why don't you marry it -- isn't the first franchise wedded to the flavor. Denny's introduced a Maple Bacon Sunday, along with a whole menu of bacon-dressed meals, as part of a 'Baconalia' promotion. Wendy's Baconator burger, boasting six strips of the snappy meat, sold 25 million in the first eight weeks of the promotion.

Outside of fast food, Bacon has become a big favorite for dessert fiends with dare-devil palates. Artisan chocolate boutiques have added the smoke to their bars and morsels. Bacon-infused donuts, cookies and cupcakes are also making their way into bakeries across the country. No room left your stomach? There's a bacon-scented cologne to absorb through your pores, while you're busy digesting lunch.

One theory behind the cult of bacon: it's addictive. A recent study found that fatty foods like cheesecake, frosting and, yes, bacon, had a similar effect on the brain's pleasure center as cocaine. In an experiment on rats, scientists at the Scripps Research Institute found that overindulging on bacon releases the brain's 'feel-good' neurotransmitter, dopamine. When the initial sensation of euphoria passes, along with the indigestion, the craving for another fix kicks in. If your need to feed gets bad enough, you'll take your bacon flavor any way you can get it. Mainlining through a straw, however, may be a sign you've hit rock bottom.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    I put that in floats my boat, so yes
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Kinda interesting

A man sat at a metro station in Washington DC and started to play the violin; it was a cold January morning. He played six Bach pieces for about 45 minutes. During that time, since it was rush hour, it was calculated that thousands of people went through the station, most of them on their way to work.

Three minutes went by and a middle aged man noticed there was musician playing. He slowed his pace and stopped for a few seconds and then hurried up to meet his schedule.

A minute later, the violinist received his first dollar tip: a woman threw the money in the till and without stopping continued to walk.

A few minutes later, someone leaned against the wall to listen to him, but the man looked at his watch and started to walk again. Clearly he was late for work.

The one who paid the most attention was a 3 year old boy. His mother tagged him along, hurried but the kid stopped to look at the violinist.

Finally the mother pushed hard and the child continued to walk turning his head all the time. This action was repeated by several other children. All the parents, without exception, forced them to move on.

In the 45 minutes the musician played, only 6 people stopped and stayed for a while. About 20 gave him money but continued to walk their normal pace. He collected $32. When he finished playing and silence took over, no one noticed it. No one applauded, nor was there any recognition.

No one knew this but the violinist was Joshua Bell, one of the top musicians in the world. He played one of the most intricate pieces ever written,with a violin worth 3.5 million dollars.

Two days before his playing in the subway, Joshua Bell sold out at a theater in Boston and the seats average $100.

This is a real story. Joshua Bell playing incognito in the metro station

was organized by the Washington Post as part of a social experiment about perception, taste and priorities of people. The outlines were: in a commonplace environment at an inappropriate hour: Do we perceive beauty?

Do we stop to appreciate it? Do we recognize the talent in an unexpected context?

One of the possible conclusions from this experience could be: If we do not have a moment to stop and listen to one of the best musicians in the world playing the best music ever written, how many other things are we missing?

full article here

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/04/AR2007040401721.html
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    ^thats really cool
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm not saying I wouldn't have walked right by him too, I probably would have if I was in a hurry to get to work, but I thought it was pretty interesting.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    gwiz.JPG 122.5K

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    Will'd.

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-lifestyles/couple-names-baby-girl-feature-facebook-174232702.html?fb_action_ids=3297616004938&fb_action_types=news.reads&fb_source=recent_activity&code=AQBjRAPQDBrYtcXBaTOGgSp298_RRyOaocImzG_w2SH-hgRWy6h4mvPtgKUqcq_2zcRVoQECvQQLWrurr1A8HWMLeTOjh04_5_LcltSEHtL8ilGVhWaTojtjL3f_5wABOhDeu6Oz83nGQKO_ftqZ0IXbf3_7icUZluGUIoW84RIItyEcbwECKqp32WjNUv7lrzQ#_=_

A couple from Israel has named their newborn daughter 'Like' after the social networking feature on Facebook.

The girl's new moniker was inspired by a button which allows users to express their endorsement of photos, status updates and links.

Lior Alder and his wife Vardit live in the town of Hod Hasharon just outside Tel Aviv and said they wanted a name for their daughter that was 'modern and innovative'.

They succeeded in choosing an original name, with their child reportedly the first and only person in the country with the name 'Like'.

[See also: Egyptian man names daughter 'Facebook']

"In our opinion it's the modern equivalent of the name Ahava [Love]," Adler told Israeli newspaper Maariv.

"It's just my way of saying to my fantastic daughter, 'Love'."

The most common names for girls in Israel are Noa, Maya and Tamar, according to the Haaretz newspaper.

The parents have a fondness for innovative names. One of their daughters is named Pie — after the popular British food, while their other daughter is named Vash, which is honey in Hebrew.

Reaction to his daughter's name has been mixed, Adler said.

"When I posted her picture and name on Facebook I got 40 'likes'," he said.

"Considering that I have only a little more than 100 friends on the network that's a lot."

Not everyone was keen on the name and some friends "simply didn't believe it," Adler said.

"I believe there will be people who will lift an eyebrow ... but it is my girl and that's what's fun about it."
    Likey Likey :>

[-(

blue turbins

That's so retarded <_>
    ure teh one that posteth it makez y00z tarded [-(

[-(

blue turbins

Would you name YOUR kid after a facebook thing?
    fukk no... id name him Ozzy >:) and himz middle name would be Wylde

[-(

blue turbins

حية الطريشة
    fukk y00z writin that Alkitah shit on here bitchz y00z has no respectz

[-(

blue turbins

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    this thread always delivers
    CLARK COUNTY, Ohio —

A man was arrested Sunday after he allegedly grabbed a woman's purse and dragged her through a Kroger parking lot, police said.

Just before 3 p.m., the woman reported she was walking back to her car in the parking lot of Kroger, at 1822 South Limestone St., when the suspect came up behind her and grabbed her purse, dragged her across the parking lot and hit her head on a parked car.

The woman screamed for help, according to witnesses, before the purse strap broke. The man, identified as Robert Goddard, of London, fled behind the store, and as he was attempting to walk back to the front, several people detained him until officers arrived, according to reports.

Goddard was arrested for robbery. The victim declined treatment at the scene

[-(

blue turbins