Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Preacher says world will actually end in October

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    edited May 2011
    i've seen how Christianity positively affects peoples lives. i've seen God work in my life and other's life. Hearing from other people's lives, and hearing proof about certain things (i'll go into more detail later if i have to) help me realize that it IS real. I truely belive it makes people better people. Those who TRUELY believe, and try to make their lives better, not false prophets and hypocritics. I've been exposed to other ideas all my life in school, and from friends (other religions, science, self-god, ect) and the only idea that makes most sense its Christianity. Its there i find most happiness in people, and most closure, and those who live more self-less and self-productive lives.

Religion gives me, and lots of other people hope, standards, and morals... whats so wrong with that?
    I do like how religion inspires people to help others and make the world better, but I think it's extremely catty to do good things because you want to please God instead of doing good things for the sake of getting joy out of it. I personally love knowing I made a family's Christmas or Thanksgiving by donating a lot during the holidays, and I know quite a few people (like my parents, lol) who donate to several charitable organizations but they aren't religious in the slightest. :3
    the idea of true Christianity is not that wer're doing it to please God, but since we're so connected we WANT to do it. Its not like its an excuse to do-- WE DONT BUY OUR SALVATION.

since we are belivers, we try not to thing selfishly (we're human, so we do sadly), so therefore we help others because they need it, and because we can and want to. Not to earn brownie points with God.

EDIT: its more of a communial way of giving back, in a sense

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    Ah, okay. I see what you're saying. :)
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    yep... in fact i'm goin on a trip in couple weeks to help out at a Summer Camp for the disabled :-D

went last year, n thought it was great, so i'm going again.
    YES! \m/
    yep... in fact i'm goin on a trip in couple weeks to help out at a Summer Camp for the disabled :-D

That is so sweet! I want to like, volunteer a an animal shelter or work with old people or something, but I don't know if I would be able to handle it. D:

That is so sweet! I want to like, volunteer a an animal shelter or work with old people or something, but I don't know if I would be able to handle it. D:
    just get involved... it'll be easier once your actually there.
    food shelters, like Feed My Starving Children or something are nice and relatively easy way to have a HUGE impact as well.
  • Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip

I'd volunteer at a shelter around here but they are all high kill and I think on my first day I'd come home w/ about 20 dogs and 20 cats.
    I'll look into it. :3c

And Judy, I know I would do the same thing, haha.
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    YES! \m/
    I thought it seemed relevant.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Fuck that noise.

FUCK RELIGION.
  • Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    I'll look into it. :3c

And Judy, I know I would do the same thing, haha.
    I just foster animals if they have nowhere to go. I use my own money and everything so it's just as good.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    i've seen how Christianity positively affects peoples lives. i've seen God work in my life and other's life. Hearing from other people's lives, and hearing proof about certain things (i'll go into more detail later if i have to) help me realize that it IS real. I truely belive it makes people better people. Those who TRUELY believe, and try to make their lives better, not false prophets and hypocritics. I've been exposed to other ideas all my life in school, and from friends (other religions, science, self-god, ect) and the only idea that makes most sense its Christianity. Its there i find most happiness in people, and most closure, and those who live more self-less and self-productive lives.

Religion gives me, and lots of other people hope, standards, and morals... whats so wrong with that?
    In regards to that last part, I don't actually buy in to the fact that if you didn't have your supernatural beliefs, that you'd be less moral or hopeful. In fact, I think you'd be better off, but that's a whole other can of worms.

There's a lot more I'd like to address here but I'll just keep it short cause some of this would be much better suited to a more face-to-face discussion.

I would like to know what examples you have that has proven to you that you've personally "seen god work in your life and other people's lives." How did you know that this could ONLY be the work of a divine power? I don't care what you've heard from others because their claims hold as much weight as someone who claims that they've seen aliens, bigfoot, ect. I just want to hear your own story.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    THEREFORE ALIENS
    imageimage
    And religion doesn't give you morals, if it did I wouldn't have any and I do
    imageimage
    So do many fictional fairytales
    imageimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    its easier to tell kids they HAVE to be good then to say you can choose to be good or bad but you should come to the right moral decision and just be good
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    So do many fictional fairytales
    Bingo.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited May 2011
    it doesn't "give" you morals but the bible does have some very good moral lessons in it.
    like selling your daughter into slavery or stoning children to death that misbehave?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    lol show me the passage in the bible where it tells you to sell your children into slavery.....go ahead