Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Preacher says world will actually end in October

Comments

• Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
  • Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    It was funny when I got her to go into a sex store. She was questioning where everything went and I had to explain.
    What?! How old is this woman?!

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    It was funny when I got her to go into a sex store. She was questioning where everything went and I had to explain.
    What?! How old is this woman?!

She's really 31 Shane. way to get the age wrong.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    fuck i'm second guessing myself now
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i'm slowing turning my stripper friend to atheism. she grew up in an ultra religious family where the macarena was too sexually suggestive. i've been showing her all the hypocrisy and shit in the bible and shes been questioning her faith hardcore.
    picz of stripper friend?
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    <_>

if people actually read the bible they'd realize how stupid this guy's claims are
    If people actually sat down, read the bible and critically thought about all the various claims it makes they'd realize how friggin ridiculous it is, seriously. Don't act like that book has any kind of real merit.
    That's not the point he is trying to make. the point he is trying to make is what I have already said right above your post.
    All I'm saying is I don't need to read his holy book to realize that Camping is a retarded nutjob. I don't mean to come off so harsh but I'm tired of people saying "well we don't know when Jesus is coming back". You know why? Cause it's not ever going to happen! lol
    w/e dude, believe what you want. i have enought proof for myself to remain solid in faith.

n if it doesnt happen/isnt real, so what? it gives people hope and a standard to live by

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    i'm slowing turning my stripper friend to atheism. she grew up in an ultra religious family where the macarena was too sexually suggestive. i've been showing her all the hypocrisy and shit in the bible and shes been questioning her faith hardcore.
    picz of stripper friend?
    i'll think about it. if i do i'll edit it hardcore so there's no chance she could be identified
    picz of stripper friend?
    i'll think about it. if i do i'll edit it hardcore so there's no chance she could be identified
    IF he does it, there will be hell to pay. NO matter how much he edits it. I won't let him do it.
    picz of stripper friend?
    IF he does it, there will be hell to pay. NO matter how much he edits it. I won't let him do it.
    well there you have it. i will say shes a 5'7" redhead weighing about 120
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    <_>

if people actually read the bible they'd realize how stupid this guy's claims are
    If people actually sat down, read the bible and critically thought about all the various claims it makes they'd realize how friggin ridiculous it is, seriously. Don't act like that book has any kind of real merit.
    That's not the point he is trying to make. the point he is trying to make is what I have already said right above your post.
    All I'm saying is I don't need to read his holy book to realize that Camping is a retarded nutjob. I don't mean to come off so harsh but I'm tired of people saying "well we don't know when Jesus is coming back". You know why? Cause it's not ever going to happen! lol
    I agree with that completely. But what I think metalcrusades is saying cuz I can't speak 100% for him, is that true Christians would not believe this guy because they would have read the book and known that he can't have any truth to his claim because only god knows when judgement day will be.
    and Rob hit it on the head... Only God knows, so no shmuck preacher can predict it

real studying Christians should know that
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    w/e dude, believe what you want. i have enought proof for myself to remain solid in faith.

n if it doesnt happen/isnt real, so what? it gives people hope and a standard to live by

The definition of faith is to believe without proper evidence so the second sentence makes absolutely no sense. I would love to hear what kind of "proof" you have that would be sufficient for you to believe in some all powerful deity that controls every aspect of the entire universe.

Also why shouldn't we call people out that make absolutely stupid ass claims like Camping?? Should we allow people to just preach whatever the hell they want without saying a word. Keep in mind I'm all for allowing his speech legally, but why not call him out on it? You just did yourself earlier...

The definition of faith is to believe without proper evidence so the second sentence makes absolutely no sense. I would love to hear what kind of "proof" you have that would be sufficient for you to believe in some all powerful deity that controls every aspect of the entire universe.

Also why shouldn't we call people out that make absolutely stupid ass claims like Camping?? Should we allow people to just preach whatever the hell they want without saying a word. Keep in mind I'm all for allowing his speech legally, but why not call him out on it? You just did yourself earlier...
    go ahead and call him out on it. i did. he was wrong, and will continue to be wrong...

we actually had some speakers at our Church talk about "proof". One guy was an ex-muslim who was also a lawyer. He hated Christianity, and was using religious texts to try and disprove it... by studying it, he actually found more proof FOR it than against it, and became Christian.

the second was an avid athiest, who like the first, HATED GOD. he was an editor for the legal section in the Chicago Tribune, and he as well was looking for proof. His wife was converted, so he started studying texts to disprove the bible. he got it down to ONE THING. IF HE COULD DISPROVE CHRIST DIDNT RISE FROM THE DEAD, CHRISTIANITY WAS FALSE... he couldnt. ALL evidence pointed towards to resurrection actually happening.

the second was an avid athiest, who like the first, HATED GOD.
    I hate it when people who claim to be Atheists say they "hate" God. How can you hate something you don't believe exists? :-))

And I'm legitimately curious. What are these "texts" they read?
    edited May 2011

I hate it when people who claim to be Atheists say they "hate" God. How can you hate something you don't believe exists? :-))

the bible, religious texts from Religious leaders, and essays and documents from Athiest leaders. that sorta thing.
    as well as ancient history text books, and archives
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    we actually had some speakers at our Church talk about "proof". One guy was an ex-muslim who was also a lawyer. He hated Christianity, and was using religious texts to try and disprove it... by studying it, he actually found more proof FOR it than against it, and became Christian.

the second was an avid athiest, who like the first, HATED GOD. he was an editor for the legal section in the Chicago Tribune, and he as well was looking for proof. His wife was converted, so he started studying texts to disprove the bible. he got it down to ONE THING. IF HE COULD DISPROVE CHRIST DIDNT RISE FROM THE DEAD, CHRISTIANITY WAS FALSE... he couldnt. ALL evidence pointed towards to resurrection actually happening.

How could a so-called atheist "hate" god if he didn't believe in it in the first place? Doesn't make sense.

Anyways, why should I care what other people have done? That means nothing to me. Anyways I don't know what these "proofs" are since you didn't actually state what it is they found, just that they found something...

I'm asking you for your own reasons as to why you believe in an all powerful deity without proper evidence to fully back it up. You said yourself that you have "faith" which by definition is to believe without proper evidence. Why do you believe what you believe, what is it that has made you accept the bible as the one holy book that carries weight?

the bible, religious texts from Religious leaders, and essays and documents from Athiest leaders. that sorta thing.
    as well as ancient history text books, and archives
    Ah, okay. Thanks. :3
    i've seen how Christianity positively affects peoples lives. i've seen God work in my life and other's life. Hearing from other people's lives, and hearing proof about certain things (i'll go into more detail later if i have to) help me realize that it IS real. I truely belive it makes people better people. Those who TRUELY believe, and try to make their lives better, not false prophets and hypocritics. I've been exposed to other ideas all my life in school, and from friends (other religions, science, self-god, ect) and the only idea that makes most sense its Christianity. Its there i find most happiness in people, and most closure, and those who live more self-less and self-productive lives.

Religion gives me, and lots of other people hope, standards, and morals... whats so wrong with that?
    i've seen how Christianity positively affects peoples lives. i've seen God work in my life and other's life. Hearing from other people's lives, and hearing proof about certain things (i'll go into more detail later if i have to) help me realize that it IS real. I truely belive it makes people better people. Those who TRUELY believe, and try to make their lives better, not false prophets and hypocritics. I've been exposed to other ideas all my life in school, and from friends (other religions, science, self-god, ect) and the only idea that makes most sense its Christianity. Its there i find most happiness in people, and most closure, and those who live more self-less and self-productive lives.

Religion gives me, and lots of other people hope, standards, and morals... whats so wrong with that?
    I do like how religion inspires people to help others and make the world better, but I think it's extremely catty to do good things because you want to please God instead of doing good things for the sake of getting joy out of it. I personally love knowing I made a family's Christmas or Thanksgiving by donating a lot during the holidays, and I know quite a few people (like my parents, lol) who donate to several charitable organizations but they aren't religious in the slightest. :3