Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**The PANTERA Appreciation Thread**

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Oh man... you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Try and go in expecting the worse performance ever, and then maybe you will leave the show thinking the show was *okay*
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    First time I saw Megadeth I was expecting a Metallica sort of performance, because I liked their albums just as much. So don't do what I did. Don't think Megadeth in any way compares to Metallica.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    I had been waiting nearly 3 years to see Megadeth, so I had expectations as high as one could get them.....and they were awesome. I was worried about Dave's vocals but they were fine as well.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    First time I saw Megadeth I was expecting a Metallica sort of performance, because I liked their albums just as much. So don't do what I did. Don't think Megadeth in any way compares to Metallica.
    Their live performances are so different.....

Exactly. Completely agree. Both are founding thrash metal bands from the 80's, and both had really killer albums in the 80's. One would think their concerts would be a little similar..... :-?

Exactly. Completely agree. Both are founding thrash metal bands from the 80's, and both had really killer albums in the 80's. One would think their concerts would be a little similar..... :-?
    Have you seen Metallica since they began playing the round?
    Playing the round? What does that mean? But pretty sure the answer it yes. I've seen every major Metallica tour since the Justice tour in 1989. I saw them play lollapalooza (which was sick), and I just saw them at the Big 4 in CA last month. Although Metallica started making shit music with Load, Reload, and St Anger... Their concerts have always been top notch. Their shows will literally make fans out of critics.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I think Wakes just gay for Metallica, that's why he hates on Mustaine
    hardly. I'm gay for bitching concerts that either have a monster mosh pit, Lots of fire and explosions, chicks stripping on stage, or alcohol being tossed out. If your show has any of those 4 things, then I am down for your show. B-)
    Playing the round? What does that mean? But pretty sure the answer it yes. I've seen every major Metallica tour since the Justice tour in 1989. I saw them play lollapalooza (which was sick), and I just saw them at the Big 4 in CA last month. Although Metallica started making shit music with Load, Reload, and St Anger... Their concerts have always been top notch. Their shows will literally make fans out of critics.

The round means instead of the stage being at the end, it is in the middle.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    so you only like Motley Crue
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    pantera fuckin rips.whooooooo
    Chimaira had strippers on stage when I seen them in philly a few years ago B-)
    chimaera needs strippers on stage to keep people from leaving while they play
    honest question.... are you homosexual?
    edited May 2011

The round means instead of the stage being at the end, it is in the middle.
    yeah... I saw the Dec 1st 2008 showing with LOG and The Sword. I agree it wasnt nearly as good as other Metallica shows I'd seen (Justice Tour, Lollapalooza 96 for starters..) It was still better then any Megadeth concert I've seen.

I even downloaded the MP3's of the show they gave afterward. lol. man those were awful. I didnt notice during the show how bad james singing was. :-))
    honest question.... are you homosexual?
    sigh...

chimaera are hack jobs. it's bad enough that they steal every lick they play from 90's metal bands like pantera, fear factory and sepultura, but they also use sepultura's tribal logo. they just replaced the "s" with a "c". look it up. they're like a metalcore godsmack. i can't believe anyone still listens to them.

so...i guess i should ask you the same question.

you didnt answer my question <_> and my question had nothing to do with your dislike for chimaira.... :-|