Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**The PANTERA Appreciation Thread**

Comments

• Mastodon9Mastodon9 Posts: 17
    The last time I saw Metallica was on the World Magentic tour. They played a lot of songs from Death Magnetic, I was not a very big fan of this album. Plus they seemed to make a lot of mistakes playing, especially from Kirk Hammett. I don't think they sound anywhere near as good as Megadeth does live, I've seen megadeth 3 times and I think they sound great.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    On the subject of Megadeth in the live setting, they're awesome.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer

um camalot METAL SECTIONz
    Thanks for the tip, although you are about 20 years too late for it to be useful.
    um ya see 1990z camalot had a killa metalz selectionz

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

um camalot METAL SECTIONz
    Thanks for the tip, although you are about 20 years too late for it to be useful.
    um ya see 1990z camalot had a killa metalz selectionz
    The only real Tape store I was into (I didnt get a CD player till mid 90s) was Hastings. And it sucked.

You have shitty tastes in concerts. I have noted what you think is a "awesome" concert, and will remember to avoid concerts you recommend.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    You have shitty tastes in concerts. I have noted what you think is a "awesome" concert, and will remember to avoid concerts you recommend.
    :-|
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    It was just my opinion. Obviously some people like what I consider really boring and lame concerts. Those people who think concerts I think are boring are awesome, are people that I shouldnt take concert advice from. nothing personal brah
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Playing the round? What does that mean? But pretty sure the answer it yes. I've seen every major Metallica tour since the Justice tour in 1989. I saw them play lollapalooza (which was sick), and I just saw them at the Big 4 in CA last month. Although Metallica started making shit music with Load, Reload, and St Anger... Their concerts have always been top notch. Their shows will literally make fans out of critics.

The round means instead of the stage being at the end, it is in the middle.
    that shit is gay

that shit is gay

It had potential but ended up being gay. I wish that there were more fuckers in the pit and during LOG they got a giant circle pit going that surrounded the entire stage. that would have been straight up dope.
    it was just to big of a stage...takes away from the floor atmosphere
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    pantera fuckin' rips.woooooo
    Playing the round? What does that mean? But pretty sure the answer it yes. I've seen every major Metallica tour since the Justice tour in 1989. I saw them play lollapalooza (which was sick), and I just saw them at the Big 4 in CA last month. Although Metallica started making shit music with Load, Reload, and St Anger... Their concerts have always been top notch. Their shows will literally make fans out of critics.

that shit is gay

I think it's cool. *shrugs*
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    It was just my opinion. Obviously some people like what I consider really boring and lame concerts. Those people who think concerts I think are boring are awesome, are people that I shouldnt take concert advice from. nothing personal brah
    you must not like thrash shows, or ANY show where the singer also plays an instrument for that matter...
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo

they gave you a sense of pride to be a metalhead,
    I wonder what bands there are that are larger like Pantera was but aren't like Metallica large because of all the guitar hero fans. Iron Maiden comes to mind but idk what others. Nothing largely underground because Pantera wasn't really

Just trying to find the closest parallel as far as metal pride goes compared to Pantera
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy

they gave you a sense of pride to be a metalhead,
    I wonder what bands there are that are larger like Pantera was but aren't like Metallica large because of all the guitar hero fans.
    Dragonforce

Do You Like Hurting Other People?

that shit is gay

I think it's cool. *shrugs*
    it takes every fun thing on the floor away from the show tho....

if the stage was smaller it would work
    Idgaf about moshing to Metallica so Idc lol.
    its not just about moshing...the crowd is just lame with the setup...its w/e ill never spend that much money to see metallica ever again any ways