Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**The PANTERA Appreciation Thread**

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    PANTERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA \m/
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    Now I'm confused. Who said metal was dead in the 90s?
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    u did d00d you said if it werent for Pantera Metal would have been dead in the 90s

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Well, I keep seeing people saying how Pantera kept Metal alive in the 90's and shit. It may not be completely on topic, but I'd say it's relevant to the conversation.
    Well, I keep seeing people saying how Pantera kept Metal alive in the 90's and shit. It may not be completely on topic, but I'd say it's relevant to the conversation.
    no see Black Metal wasnt influanced by Pantera... 2 new Genres were formed in the 90s it seems New Metal was being born right under the noses of Pantera one track mind fans lolz

[-(

blue turbins

The smell in the air is chickenshit \m/
    edited May 2011
    u did d00d you said if it werent for Pantera Metal would have been dead in the 90s
    Your twisting my words around. I said it was in a vegetative state (very much alive, but you had be a metalhead to know that). If you knew where to find it, it was obviously there. All I said, is Pantera withstood the mainstream downfall that metal as whole pretty much did. It's not a hard concept to understand. I'm not even calling them the best to come out of their era. Im just saying, if you asked the average person at the time to name a metal band, they would've probably 80% of the time said Pantera. That's just the way it was. You don't have to give them credit, but they were what they were.
    I said it was in a vegetative state ? no d00d I was jammin to BM like I found a new God stfu

[-(

blue turbins

no see Black Metal wasnt influanced by Pantera... 2 new Genres were formed in the 90s it seems New Metal was being born right under the noses of Pantera one track mind fans lolz
    I didn't say Black Metal was influenced by Pantera or that it was started in the 90's. I just said that it really kicked off in the 90's. The only genres of Metal I'd say were actually birthed in the 90's are Nu-Metal, Groove Metal, and Stoner Metal. And Stoner Metal is arguable.
    I said it was in a vegetative state ? no d00d I was jammin to BM like I found a new God stfu
    rofl, nevermind. You obviously don't understand the point I'm trying to make. But it's whatever.
    the BM sound was defined in the 90s

[-(

blue turbins

rofl, nevermind. You obviously don't understand the point I'm trying to make. But it's whatever.
    i understand your point youre a fukkin douchebag Pantera fan gone overboard with how fukkin great they are when theyre not

[-(

blue turbins

Yes exactly, thats it!
    Yeah. The 2nd Wave of Black Metal, which pretty much set the stardard for what all of us think Black Metal is, started in the early 90's. So I'll agree that the soud was defined in the 90's but the genre wasn't founded then.
    here is my imo Pantera ripped off ever Thrash band in sound.... and thats my imo they brought nothing new that wasnt already worn out by then

[-(

blue turbins

edited May 2011
    Well they gave birth to Groove Metal, so they brought something new. But then again Groove Metal is just washed up Thrash.... :-?

So I guess you're right.

[-(

blue turbins

Oh c'mon man. I thought we could actually have a conversation

fukk y00z.

[-(

blue turbins

You guys................