Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Big 4 - One Show Out West Was Not Enough

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    also... did you dad like them?
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    SAAAA-WEEEET!!! Did you meet him or the band back stage? Joe Duplantier is honestly one of the nicest, most chill rockstars I have ever met. The dude is cool as fuck, and so god damn humble that he would probably deny my words here. It sure is great when good sounding bands have members with lots of decency. Makes me like them and their music more then I probably should.

Can you take a pic of the setlist? I've never really seen an official one and am curious.
    I got to meet Christian, not Joe. Christian came right out into the crowd area after the show was over, I waited around for a little bit but Joe must have been busy. :P He signed my setlist and I got a picture with him, I was so excited, haha. Whenever they tour again I'll try to meet Joe, it makes me happy to know that he's a really nice, humble dude.

Here's the setlist, I already had a picture of it, haha.

Surprisingly, he did like them! He's a country fan, and doesn't like my music at all, haha, so I was pretty surprised he enjoyed himself. He thought it was cool that they talked off and on about whale conservation and stuff. :P
    imageimage
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    oh my god stop with the Gojira stuff! You're killing me! just kidding, but you guys are so fucking lucky!
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Gojira was badass live. :D
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for posting the pic! that is totally awesome! I've tried to have conversations with Christian before but (as I am sure you probably agree) his English isnt all that great. I remember thinking every time I asked him something "Gosh, I wish I spoke better french". I tried asking him to see if they could get Terra Incognita released in the states because I wanted the CD but wasnt paying 60 dollars for an import. he didnt quite get what I was trying to say (I know it is released in the states now)

Do you know what the white/red/blue is for? Did you ask?
    Yep. \m/
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    Thanks for posting the pic! that is totally awesome! I've tried to have conversations with Christian before but (as I am sure you probably agree) his English isnt all that great. I remember thinking every time I asked him something "Gosh, I wish I spoke better french". I tried asking him to see if they could get Terra Incognita released in the states because I wanted the CD but wasnt paying 60 dollars for an import. he didnt quire get what I was trying to say (I know it is released in the states now)

Do you know what the white/red/blue is for? Did you ask?
    No problem! :) Yeah, I could tell his English wasn't the best but reguardless, I was happy to talk to him. Shame I didn't remember the stuff I learned in French class better, we could of had a lovely converstation!

The white/red/blue was the color of the stage lights during that particular song. :P
    imageimage
    Yep. \m/
    \m/ Totally need to see them again.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    Yep. \m/
    \m/ Totally need to see them again.
    They are a band that I don't miss when they come around. wither they are headlining or playing support, I am always there. probably seem them at least a half a dozen times now.

No problem! :) Yeah, I could tell his English wasn't the best but reguardless, I was happy to talk to him. Shame I didn't remember the stuff I learned in French class better, we could of had a lovely converstation!

The white/red/blue was the color of the stage lights during that particular song. :P
    If you ever get a chance to talk to Joe, you'll be surprised how good his English is. It is like night and day comparing Joe to Christian. If I didnt know better I would have guessed Joe's native tongue was english.
    edited May 2011
    I've only seen them once. They were headlining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piMWnLtsUVo
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    I didn't have the ability to see them on their last 2 runs through the states. I didn't start listening to them until May 2009, about 4 days after they played NYC. Then they played a little tiny club in Brooklyn in September of 09. I wish I could have gone to that but there was no way my parents were letting me go to Brooklyn. And it was like 3 days before I was going to a nascar race in Delaware so I had to save my money.

But next time they come through I'm not missing them.
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    So did anybody else get their tix? We got six altogether in the front G.A. section.
    So did anybody else get their tix? We got six altogether in the front G.A. section.
    \m/ \m/ this dude knows what's up!

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    How much was that after fees <_>
    my guess... $1500!
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    How much was that after fees <_>
    total for all 6 was $1457.10
    edited May 2011
    Well that just paid for a 1/3 of a new guitar for Hammett
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Damn you guys and your pic-catching abilities.

I'm gonna try and catch some shit at Mayhem this year.
    I got lucky with getting picks at Mayhem and uproar last year. I didn't think I would get one at a big festival but security picked a Lamb of God pick up and handed it to me and then at Uproar I found an A7X pick on the ground

My favorite picks are the 5 death angel picks I have (saw them twice, got 2 from Ted and 3 from Rob) and the Suffocation pick from Terrance Hobbs. Can't forget about the stick I got from Mike Smith either