Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Big 4 - One Show Out West Was Not Enough

Comments

• KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer

Hells yeah we will. "Doors" open at 2pm. :O
    I'd try and get there at 2 if I were you :) We actually missed the first few songs of Anthrax because timed it poorly.
    For the amount we paid, we ain't missing SHIT.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375

I'd try and get there at 2 if I were you :) We actually missed the first few songs of Anthrax because timed it poorly.
    Get there at like noon so u can get as close as possible.

And yeah, piss on the field for me and George!
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

lol. :-)) I now have a mental image of britt squatting on Yankee field. :-))
    I was going to go to maybe one class that day, but fuck that. It's an hour train from New Brunswick to NYC, then gotta figure out the subway from Penn to the stadium.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html

I'm totally afraid now.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies

I'm totally afraid now.
    That's not creepy at all...
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    PRE PARTY CRUISE TO THE BIG 4 - METALLICA * SLAYER * MEGADEATH * ANTHRAX AT YANKEE STADIUM
    : Awesome Tailgate Party on the Water!

So you're going to the THE BIG 4 show at Yankee Stadium, eh? While all the schlubs take the subway out to the stadium or deal with mojo-clogging trafic, you can ride in serious style, aboard a lovely ROCKS OFF ship. And yes, of course, there will be a cash bar on board, so you'll be primed to be that drunk guy singing along really loudly and off key during 'Harvester of Sorrow'

We are going to load up our boat with alcohol, tunes, and metalheads for a 90 minute hour party cruise starting in Manhattan at 1:30pm and ending at Yankee Stadium at 3:00pm (opener Anthrax starts at 4pm).

There will be food for sale as well as a full cash bar. There are also a ton of bars outside of Yankee Stadium in case you possibly need to shove a little more alcohol in your face before having to pay ballpark prices.

The boat leaves from the the Ferry terminal at East 34th Street.

For this journey, we will head north, up the East River to Citi Field, passing by Roosevelt, Wards, and Rikers Islands... It's a pretty sweet trip that promises weird, unconventional NYC skyline views.

The boat docks a short 5-10 minute walk (or stumble) away from Citi Field. We'll get you there with plenty of time to leisurely walk over to the stadium, hit the can, and wait in the beer line before grabbing your seat for the show.

Ages 21 and over, please.

Only $25
    lol... jesus... I was just laughing at the situation of telling a girl to piss in a crowded area. telling a girl to piss on yankee stadium is a little different then telling a dude to do it.
    PRE PARTY CRUISE TO THE BIG 4 - METALLICA * SLAYER * MEGADEATH * ANTHRAX AT YANKEE STADIUM

So you're going to the THE BIG 4 show at Yankee Stadium, eh? While all the schlubs take the subway out to the stadium or deal with mojo-clogging trafic, you can ride in serious style, aboard a lovely ROCKS OFF ship. And yes, of course, there will be a cash bar on board, so you'll be primed to be that drunk guy singing along really loudly and off key during 'Harvester of Sorrow'

We are going to load up our boat with alcohol, tunes, and metalheads for a 90 minute hour party cruise starting in Manhattan at 1:30pm and ending at Yankee Stadium at 3:00pm (opener Anthrax starts at 4pm).

There will be food for sale as well as a full cash bar. There are also a ton of bars outside of Yankee Stadium in case you possibly need to shove a little more alcohol in your face before having to pay ballpark prices.

For this journey, we will head north, up the East River to Citi Field, passing by Roosevelt, Wards, and Rikers Islands... It's a pretty sweet trip that promises weird, unconventional NYC skyline views.

The boat docks a short 5-10 minute walk (or stumble) away from Citi Field. We'll get you there with plenty of time to leisurely walk over to the stadium, hit the can, and wait in the beer line before grabbing your seat for the show.

Only $25
    I'd totally be all over this if I was going.
    I was going to go to maybe one class that day, but fuck that. It's an hour train from New Brunswick to NYC, then gotta figure out the subway from Penn to the stadium.

Pennsylvania Station
    New York, NY 10001
    Walk to 34 St - Penn Station
    About 4 mins (0.2 mi)
    34 St - Penn Station
    Subway towards To 168TH STREET - IND
    11:13am - 11:19am (5 mins, 3 stops)
    59 St - Columbus Circle
    Subway towards To 205TH STREET
    11:19am - 11:33am (14 mins, 4 stops)
    161 St - Yankee Stadium

161 St - Yankee Stadium
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I'll have fun in your honor!
    take a piss on that shitty yankees field for me!
    This. Fuck the Yankees. I'm not pissed about big 4 prices, I just hate the Yankees.

Only $25
    I'd do this if the person I was going with wasn't under 21.
    lol... jesus... I was just laughing at the situation of telling a girl to piss in a crowded area. telling a girl to piss on yankee stadium is a little different then telling a dude to do it.
    It is quite funny, I'll admit that.

Pennsylvania Station
    New York, NY 10001
    Walk to 34 St - Penn Station
    About 4 mins (0.2 mi)
    34 St - Penn Station
    Subway towards To 168TH STREET - IND
    11:13am - 11:19am (5 mins, 3 stops)
    59 St - Columbus Circle
    Subway towards To 205TH STREET
    11:19am - 11:33am (14 mins, 4 stops)
    161 St - Yankee Stadium

161 St - Yankee Stadium
    Thank you.
    I'll have fun in your honor!
    take a piss on that shitty yankees field for me!
    This. Fuck the Yankees. I'm not pissed about big 4 prices, I just hate the Yankees.
    I'm pissed about both, but fuck it. I had the disposable cash.

Only $25
    I'd do this if the person I was going with wasn't under 21.

I can't imagine it being all that much fun if you arent drinking. The point of drunk buses (or boats in this case) is to get a little wild with other strangers before a big event. One of best times to be drinking.
    I think britt might be disappointed. I loved this show and the history of it.... but I think I would be a liar if I said it was in my top 10 even. Hell, The Justice tour was probably 3x better then this show. It's a good show no doubt, but I just dont see this being your all-time fav.

Did you see Metallica on either of the DM tours?
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    cheapest ticket with fees = US $105.00
    fuck that. im probably not gonna go then.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I would hit the cruise up if i was going.
    I think britt might be disappointed. I loved this show and the history of it.... but I think I would be a liar if I said it was in my top 10 even. Hell, The Justice tour was probably 3x better then this show. It's a good show no doubt, but I just dont see this being your all-time fav.

I wish I could have seen them on the DM tour. 4 or 5 shows in the NYC area and I wasn't able to go to any of them. That was one of the big reasons as to why I was so looking forward to this show. But I just gotta wait again for Metallica's next tour
    :-(

Yeah, I saw them in Philly on Jan 17, 2009. Machine Head opened up for them. Fucking amazing show. But I am totally excited for this one, don't even care that I won't be as close at the first time I saw Metallica.
    cheapest ticket with fees = US $105.00
    fuck that. im probably not gonna go then.
    I think we got the ones that were $191.10 after fees.

Yeah, I saw them in Philly on Jan 17, 2009. Machine Head opened up for them. Fucking amazing show. But I am totally excited for this one, don't even care that I won't be as close at the first time I saw Metallica.
    Well then maybe you wont be disappointed. It was for sure better then the DM tours.... Although I've heard that it was just the Seattle show that was filled with 12 year olds in the crowd.

Well then maybe you wont be disappointed. It was for sure better then the DM tours.... Although I've heard that it was just the Seattle show that was filled with 12 year olds in the crowd.
    I didn't really pay attention to the other people around me that didn't go with us, but the crowd on the floor at the show was mostly last teens, 20's, and 30's. Plus, I "accidentally" went for free. I don't expect a lot of 12 year olds in on the floor for The Big 4.