Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Big 4 - One Show Out West Was Not Enough

Comments

• myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    but if you sit in your seats and dont stand for the show then GTFO
    ohhh fuck that noise
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    and if u get seats cuz thats the only way to see a show then thats not to bad....
    So I'm half approved? lmao
    Yup half NOLA - APPROVED....thats still an honor, its like getting nominated for an academy award
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    and if u get seats cuz thats the only way to see a show then thats not to bad....
    So I'm half approved? lmao
    Yup half NOLA - APPROVED....thats still an honor, its like getting nominated for an academy award
    alright I'll take it lmao
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    don't do it George, you know theres gonna be some good club tours poppin up during the summer and you'll be kicking yourself in the ass
    This

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited May 2011
    yo Brennan or Wake????

if i was to get GA floor back, how far is it from the stage?
    I think so.... GA back is probably much better then GA in California. GA in California was literally like 4-5 football fields long. You've played baseball before. Think about watching the show from second base. It would probably be great.

Not that it matters, but you wont be catching any picks or DRUM sticks. Ill post pictures of the two I caught. they are neat.
    Guitar sticks? Lol I think you meant to switch that up
    for what it is worth.. I had a lot of fun at this show. Probably wasnt better then Metallica on the Justice Tour, but it was pretty far up there. It was epic seeing all 4 bands playing on stage at the same time.
    lol. im tired. I havent had my coffee yet :)
    Haha I know what you mean

What band did you catch picks from?

Two from Metallica. One Bass Guitar (which is totally fucking SWEET) and one regular guitar (which is cool but expected). In CA the ground was all dirt so very little people caught picks. I saw maybe 2-3 people got them, and I somehow came up with 2! \m/

Two from Metallica. One Bass Guitar (which is totally fucking SWEET) and one regular guitar (which is cool but expected). In CA the ground was all dirt so very little people caught picks. I saw maybe 2-3 people got them, and I somehow came up with 2! \m/

Do they say big 4 on them or what? I'd like to see pics if possible

You lucky bitch <_>

And lol at Trujillo for using a pick. Well...nevermind...I can understand using a pick for Metallica. Some songs I feel need picks but others don't.
    yeah... I'll post it here later today. I need to take a pic first :)
    Sounds good man. I have a good sized collection going now and someday I'd like to add a Metallica, Slayer, and Megadeth pick to it. Just one from each and I'd be happy
    and since I was taking pictures, I snapped one more. The Gojira pick was handed to me by Joe himself after I caught him on the street and had a good ten minute conversation with him about music and his influences.... He reaches in his pocket and was like "dude... want you to have this". I suspect because it is worn so much that he probably jammed with it for a while.

• RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    I have one of Joe's from Gojira picks and two of Christian's. B-)
    imageimage
    edited May 2011
    I have one of Joe's from Gojira picks and two of Christian's. B-)
    Yeah.... but that one is my fav because I didnt catch it after the show... Like I saw him long after the show and had this great (in my opinion) conversation talking about really killer shit like Sepultura and Death and other of his influences... I tried my best to not be some gay ass annoying fanboy. and afterwards he dug that out of his pocket. I believe that was the only one he had too. I like to pretend it is the one he used for his show that night, and he threw out all the spares to the crowd. idk if that is true or not.... but it is in the same shape as when he personally put it in my hand. it was totally fucking awesome \m/

• RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    Yeah.... but that one is my fav because I didnt catch it after the show... Like I saw him long after the show and had this great (in my opinion) conversation talking about really killer shit like Sepultura and Death and other of his influences... I tried my best to not be some gay ass annoying fanboy. and afterwards he dug that out of his pocket. I believe that was the only one he had too. I like to pretend it is the one he used for his show that night, and he threw out all the spares to the crowd. idk if that is true or not.... but it is in the same shape as when he personally put it in my hand. it was totally fucking awesome \m/
    I probably wouldn't of gotten any picks, but my dad happened to be the one to go with me to see them, and he had his arms around me and the woman next to met to protect us and it turns out she knew the band. So after the show was over she got the stage hand to give me some of the picks he had, and she got me my first setlist. c:

but that's pretty sweet you just happened to run into him, and he gave you his pick. :P
    imageimage

I probably wouldn't of gotten any picks, but my dad happened to be the one to go with me to see them, and he had his arms around me and the woman next to met to protect us and it turns out she knew the band. So after the show was over she got the stage hand to give me some of the picks he had, and she got me my first setlist. c:

but that's pretty sweet you just happened to run into him, and he gave you his pick. :P
    SAAAA-WEEEET!!! Did you meet him or the band back stage? Joe Duplantier is honestly one of the nicest, most chill rockstars I have ever met. The dude is cool as fuck, and so god damn humble that he would probably deny my words here. It sure is great when good sounding bands have members with lots of decency. Makes me like them and their music more then I probably should.

Can you take a pic of the setlist? I've never really seen an official one and am curious.