Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Big 4 - One Show Out West Was Not Enough

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    lol @ people getting buttfucked by dese prices
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    lol @ people getting buttfucked by dese prices
    *checks* I didn't get buttfucked. ;-) I didn't even pay for my ticket yet. B-)
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Not you... you went for da cheaper tix.
    Yeah, totally didn't go for cheap tickets.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I love how press releases still can't spell Megadeth right. -_-

And Metallica's show in Detroit in 2009 is in my top 5 shows as of now.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    :-))

I was looking at ebay today and I could probably get 50 dollars for my two picks. If I wanted to sell that is, which I don't.

I was looking at ebay today and I could probably get 50 dollars for my two picks. If I wanted to sell that is, which I don't.
    Wow.

I preferred seeing James when he was an alcoholic and didnt try this singing bullshit he does. It sounds fine during the concerts, but listen to the MP3's later. Ewwwww..

I don't know what my favorite Metallica show was. I liked the Justice tour obviously... And I remember thinking lollapalooza with metallica headlining being kick ass. hold on... Yeah that show was sooo DOPE. check out this lineup.

Dates: June 27, 1996 – August 4, 1996

Main Stage: Metallica, Soundgarden, Ramones, Rancid, Shaolin monks, Screaming Trees, Psychotica

Main Stage on Selected Dates: Rage Against the Machine, Cocteau Twins, Waylon Jennings, Cheap Trick, Violent Femmes, The Tea Party, Wu-Tang Clan, Steve Earle, Devo, 311

Side Stage: Beth Hart Band, Girls Against Boys, Ben Folds Five, Ruby, Cornershop, You Am I, Soul Coughing, Sponge, Melvins, Satchel, Jonny Polonsky, Fireside, Ass Dildo

Indie Stage: Chune, Moonshake, Lutefisk, Capsize 7, The Cows, Long Fin Killie, Thirty Ought Six, Varnaline, Crumb, Korn, Flesh Fetish, Pitbull Daycare, The Sneaches
    I preferred seeing James when he was an alcoholic and didnt try this singing bullshit he does. It sounds fine during the concerts, but listen to the MP3's later. Ewwwww..
    Eh, it doesn't bother me. It could be worse. They could be playing stuff off of St. Anger.
    Metallica, and Soundgarden in 1996 were both so \m/ \m/ \m/

The pit was monstrous... I went to the Gorge in George WA (probably one of the sweeetest concert venues of ALL time. I remember loving Devo and the Shaolin buddist monks were so fucking insane it was so awesome.

Plus the camping bon fires and booze and women.... That weekend was just fucking \m/
    I'd probably consider an older Metallica show as my favorite too, if I wasn't a youngin'. But as of right now, Metallica in 2009 was the best show of my life.
    I'd probably consider an older Metallica show as my favorite too, if I wasn't a youngin'. But as of right now, Metallica in 2009 was the best show of my life.
    yeah I dont fault you. Metallica does know how to put on a performance.
    yeah I dont fault you. Metallica does know how to put on a performance.
    Yes, they certainly did. I wish I had a camera that night. :( I was in between phones then.
    you know what? I still have my Lollapalooza keep sakes... Anyone interested in pictures? I am sure I can come up with the program. it was pretty sweet.
    Only shows I'd put ahead of that one would be Iron Maiden and Rush. \m/
    edited May 2011
    you know what? I still have my Lollapalooza keep sakes... Anyone interested in pictures? I am sure I can come up with the program. it was pretty sweet.
    *raises hand*
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    My top show was Slipknot at MSG in 2009. Being right on the rail at center stage just made it an unbelievable experience.

2nd favorite show was Maiden at MSG last year. I just wish I knew more of the set list. But their performance was top notch
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    *raises hand*
    Only shows I'd put ahead of that one would be Iron Maiden and Rush. \m/
    I have too many to name.

At the Gates - 2008 Suicidal Reunion tour - was just the most epic concert ever. Small crowd, completely sold out. People were offering 10x at the door for anyones ticket and no one was selling because EVERYONE had wanted 15 years for this show. And it didnt disappoint. Everyone know every word to every song, and everyone was screaming the words at the top of their lungs. The pit was unreal... no posers.... stage diving, lots of booze. Tomas Lindberg couldnt stop smiling because everyone in that building was their #1 fan. He tried doing the "last song bullshit" and couldnt keep a straight face. The show was epic beyond no ends. If you werent there, you just wont know.

Pantera and Nirvana also rank above metallica... But Lollapalooza 96 might be in my top 5. that or the justice tour. not sure....