Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Big 4 - One Show Out West Was Not Enough

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    "You didnt seem to have a problem with Mayhem robbing you of a hundred dollars. They don't even have a single band worth sitting though. fuck mayhem. "

There's a difference between $90 for floor and $90 for upper deck seats. And there are plenty of bands worth sitting through at mayhem
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited May 2011
    LOL now we know the only reason they did another date, they saw how many people showed up for the west coast dates and were like " fuck, we can charge even more on the next one. these shows never had anything to do with the fans and giving them what they've wanted for 25+ years. it was solely them all coming together and saying, if we be civil to each other for 1 day we can make millions. absolutely nothing more than that and i seriosuly doubt all bad blood has been buried. money simply buried it for a day.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    That makes a lot of sense and I would comment and make an opinion but we don't really know what's happening. We can only speculate
    That makes a lot of sense and I would comment and make an opinion but we don't really know what's happening. We can only speculate
    search your heart, you know i'm right
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I disagree with Shane's speculation.... Not because Metallica has shown for the last two decade that they are total sellouts, but because $199 for VIP was much lower then what I was expecting. I wonder what the first USA Big 4 attendance would have been like if they had charged $299 VIP, $149 GA. I still would have been there... And I suspect so would the other 50,000 people.
    And I am sure this event was planned long before the first one happened. It's no shocker what the attendance was on the first one. Metallica isnt stupid, they know they bring the crowds.
    I disagree with Shane's speculation.... Not because Metallica has shown for the last two decade that they are total sellouts, but because $199 for VIP was much lower then what I was expecting. I wonder what the first USA Big 4 attendance would have been like if they had charged $299 VIP, $149 GA. I still would have been there... And I suspect so would the other 50,000 people.
    i can guarantee if each tix was 75-100 more thousands less people would have been there. times are tough
    i can guarantee if each tix was 75-100 more thousands less people would have been there. times are tough

I disagree. but whatever. If times were tough, Starbucks would be out of business. I agree that people are having trouble making ends meet, but that doesnt mean they are going to get rid of cigs, starbucks, tanning, getting their nails done, and concerts.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    meh im not a metallica fanboi like a lot of people and i really dont want to give them money...

i honestly would rather see Amon Amarth, Skeletonwitch, and Goatwhore than the big 4.......
    Metallica is one of the better Metal shows. I've seen much much better.... but Metallica in concert is consistent. The performance is always top notch.
    edited May 2011
    meh im not a metallica fanboi like a lot of people and i really dont want to give them money...

i honestly would rather see Amon Amarth, Skeletonwitch, and Goatwhore than the big 4.......
    for the record, that tour was fucking amazing

I disagree. but whatever. If times were tough, Starbucks would be out of business. I agree that people are having trouble making ends meet, but that doesnt mean they are going to get rid of cigs, starbucks, tanning, getting their nails done, and concerts.
    there is a retardedly huge difference between a cup of coffee and a 300 buck concert ticket <_>

there is a retardedly huge difference between a cup of coffee and a 300 buck concert ticket <_>
    it's 200. and if you are having trouble making ends meet then a 10 dollars pack of cigs, a 5 dollar coffee, a 50 dollar nail session, or a 80 dollars tanning membership should be totally out. Problem is, people dont give a fuck about living within their means.
    yeah 200 is to much for me and i dont buy any of that shit you mentioned.....
    wake that shit is all what girls buy, its no new knowledge girls waste money on stupid shit lol
    edited May 2011

it's 200. and if you are having trouble making ends meet then a 10 dollars pack of cigs, a 5 dollar coffee, a 50 dollar nail session, or a 80 dollars tanning membership should be totally out. Problem is, people dont give a fuck about living within their means.
    i sure as hell do. i expend pretty much NO extra cash and had to save for 2 months to get to amon amarth last night. not everyone is rolling in the money like you sir, tens of millions are just struggling to afford just being able to get to work.
    wake that shit is all what girls buy, its no new knowledge girls waste money on stupid shit lol
    yeah... I mentioned that shit because there is some ex HS FB friend who is unemployed and bitches every 2-3 days about not having money for rent. Inbetween those bitches about not having money she has posts like

"At starbucks! getting Soy Vanilla mocha and scone! I love starbucks"

"Getting my nails done! this should make me feel better"

"getting my highlights done today... yay!"

It's enough to make me want to strangle her. seriously. I'm cool with her doing that shit, but shut the fuck up about not being able to pay rent..

girls will spend 100 bucks on nails that guys dont even notice lol

i sure as hell do. i expend pretty much NO extra cash and had to save for 2 months to get to amon amarth last night. not everyone is rolling in the money like you sir, tens of millions are just struggling to afford just being able to get to work.
    no cash rolling here. My wife and I gave each other IOU's for our 7th anniversary gifts today. that's kinda fucked up. (I had a Barnes and Noble giftcard that I got for my birthday that I regifted, but that shouldnt count).

girls will spend 100 bucks on nails that guys dont even notice lol
    true. chumps.
    edited May 2011

no cash rolling here. My wife and I gave each other IOU's for our 7th anniversary gifts today. that's kinda fucked up. (I had a Barnes and Noble giftcard that I got for my birthday that I regifted, but that shouldnt count).

you spent 600 bucks on ONE concert. you obviously are not hurting for money

that could fund my shows for a year