Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

John Reese: Rammstein and (possibly) Iron Maiden on future Mayhem Festivals

1234568»

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I'm going to keep pronouncing Rammstein the Anglican way. Just like I'll keep pronouncing Mexico, burrito, Lamborghini Gallardo, and a bunch of Italian foods the Anglican way.

If you're trying to learn the language and are practicing it then I don't care but besides that it's just weird and slightly annoying
    What's the Angelican way of pronouncing those things?
    From everyone I've heard:
    Mex-ih-co
    Buhr-ee-toe
    lam-bore-gee-nee
    guh-lar-doe
    Ram-stine

how do you pronounce Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis?
    butt-shecks

that's always how i've pronounced it
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I pronounce the band name "Rammstein" correctly (or the best to my knowledge) for the same reason I pronounce Richard Wagner's name correctly, they are both artists that I deeply respect and it really just sounds stupid any other way.
    W's are a whole 'nother beast.... but why stop at his last name? start calling him Riggurd
    Because I never learned the correct way to pronounce his first name. I never said I'd be against that, just didn't know that's how you pronounced it. It's not like I'm saying I wouldn't have if I had known that prior.
    call him bassmaster V for all i care.....

all i was saying was that its a damn slippery slope when dealing with native pronunciations of foreign words. just reverese onomatopoeia those sonsabitches
    Yeah I get that. I don't really care if someone screws up a pronunciation, I just think it's kinda silly when we have someone like Santana telling us that "in Amurica it's pronounced this'a way".
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    I'm going to keep pronouncing Rammstein the Anglican way. Just like I'll keep pronouncing Mexico, burrito, Lamborghini Gallardo, and a bunch of Italian foods the Anglican way.

If you're trying to learn the language and are practicing it then I don't care but besides that it's just weird and slightly annoying
    Mex-ih-co
    Buhr-ee-toe
    lam-bore-gee-nee
    guh-lar-doe
    Ram-stine

Oh okay. I just never heard of Angelican pronunciation (?) before so I was curious.
    imageimage
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I think it's the language that Angels speak in. They have annoying accents.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    I pronounce the band name "Rammstein" correctly (or the best to my knowledge) for the same reason I pronounce Richard Wagner's name correctly, they are both artists that I deeply respect and it really just sounds stupid any other way.
    W's are a whole 'nother beast.... but why stop at his last name? start calling him Riggurd
    Because I never learned the correct way to pronounce his first name. I never said I'd be against that, just didn't know that's how you pronounced it. It's not like I'm saying I wouldn't have if I had known that prior.
    call him bassmaster V for all i care.....

all i was saying was that its a damn slippery slope when dealing with native pronunciations of foreign words. just reverese onomatopoeia those sonsabitches
    Yeah I get that. I don't really care if someone screws up a pronunciation, I just think it's kinda silly when we have someone like Santana telling us that "in Amurica it's pronounced this'a way".
    that guys too thick headed to realize i was never arguing with him about pronunciation..... but translations.

but here's to hoping he figures that out all by himself.

Mex-ih-co
    Buhr-ee-toe
    lam-bore-gee-nee
    guh-lar-doe
    Ram-stine

Oh okay. I just never heard of Angelican pronunciation (?) before so I was curious.
    the only way I heard of it is because my ex is Korean and when we were dating she was explaining to me how you can type Korean using English letters by making the sounds out sort of like I did with Mex-ih-co. It's apparently hard to read it like that though because Koreans (and other races) have different interpretations on how the sound should be written in English. sort of like how we have Color and Colour or Gray and Grey (although those are easy to read), in Korean it can be very difficult lol
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    its

fixed* (by Santana's logic)
    ram rock????

more like CAR RAM ROD

ram rock????

more like CAR RAM ROD

lol

quote fail there CF?
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    lol you people are somewhat stupid
    imageimage
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    edited April 2011
    ram rock????

more like CAR RAM ROD

I lol'd.
    lol you people are somewhat stupid
    But Bianca, I thought what we had was special. :(
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    This argument was basically this:
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    This argument was basically this:
    :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))