Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

John Reese: Rammstein and (possibly) Iron Maiden on future Mayhem Festivals

Comments

• rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    But they JUST said Ramstein.... that makes absolutely no sense. he basically just said "New".

way to prove my point einstein
    That doesn't prove anything, it said what Rammstein, not Ramstein, translates to.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    edited April 2011
    i.e.... nothing.

i'm well aware of the base dude.... now go back to my comment on how that base got its name.
    "Rammstein" translates to "Ram Stone" take out the extra "m" and it becomes a famous air base, not a city. That is where the band got their name from.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    But they JUST said Ramstein.... that makes absolutely no sense. he basically just said "New".

it's Ein-SCHTINE to you buddy.
    i.e.... nothing.

i'm well aware of the base dude.... now go back to my comment on how that base got its name.
    It got it's name from Ramstein-Miesenbach. The band got their name from the base. Their name's literal meaning is ram-stone.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited April 2011
    I pronounce the band name "Rammstein" correctly (or the best to my knowledge) for the same reason I pronounce Richard Wagner's name correctly, they are both artists that I deeply respect and it really just sounds stupid any other way.

oh shit! my fault..... should have hit Google translator before writing that

oh shit! my fault..... should have hit Google translator before writing that
    Google translator couldn't translate a full sentence to save it's existence. lol
    I pronounce the band name "Rammstein" correctly (or the best to my knowledge) for the same reason I pronounce Richard Wagner's name correctly, they are both artists that I deeply respect and it really just sounds stupid any other way.
    Exactly. We're not talking about pronouncing cities, we're talking about a word the band themselves came up with for their name. I don't see how there could be other pronunciations when it's not even a real word when combined.
    W's are a whole 'nother beast.... but why stop at his last name? start calling him Riggurd
    Exactly. We're not talking about pronouncing cities, we're talking about a word the band themselves came up with for their name. I don't see how there could be other pronunciations when it's not even a real word when combined.
    Translations*
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    W's are a whole 'nother beast.... but why stop at his last name? start calling him Riggurd
    Because I never learned the correct way to pronounce his first name. I never said I'd be against that, just didn't know that's how you pronounced it. It's not like I'm saying I wouldn't have if I had known that prior.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    this may be the most retarded argument on this forum in months
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I'm going to keep pronouncing Rammstein the Anglican way. Just like I'll keep pronouncing Mexico, burrito, Lamborghini Gallardo, and a bunch of Italian foods the Anglican way.

If you're trying to learn the language and are practicing it then I don't care but besides that it's just weird and slightly annoying
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm going to keep pronouncing Rammstein the Anglican way. Just like I'll keep pronouncing Mexico, burrito, Lamborghini Gallardo, and a bunch of Italian foods the Anglican way.

If you're trying to learn the language and are practicing it then I don't care but besides that it's just weird and slightly annoying
    and you'll probably get punched in the face in America if you speak like that too
    this may be the most retarded argument on this forum in months
    this. all the herp derp just made me close my browser and start fresh, hoping it was all in my head

and you'll probably get punched in the face in America if you speak like that too
    in America? naw. I doubt that would happen anywhere. In America, you pronounce stuff the Anglican way. In other countries, citizens give you benefit of the doubt, knowing you don't speak the language
    Because I never learned the correct way to pronounce his first name. I never said I'd be against that, just didn't know that's how you pronounced it. It's not like I'm saying I wouldn't have if I had known that prior.
    call him bassmaster V for all i care.....

all i was saying was that its a damn slippery slope when dealing with native pronunciations of foreign words. just reverese onomatopoeia those sonsabitches
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer

What's the Angelican way of pronouncing those things?
    imageimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    how do you pronounce Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?