Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

John Reese: Rammstein and (possibly) Iron Maiden on future Mayhem Festivals

Comments

• myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    i dont get the fuss with the pronunciation.... it's the Anglican way of pronouncing it.

it would be like pronouncing "Mexico" as Meh-he-co (because thats the Spanish pronunciation
    that's what I was trying to get across also. Pronounce it the Americanized way.
    If that's the case then everyone in this country should refer to the band as "Ram Stone".
    that doesn't even make sense
    I was thinking the same thing lol
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    i dont get the fuss with the pronunciation.... it's the Anglican way of pronouncing it.

it would be like pronouncing "Mexico" as Meh-he-co (because thats the Spanish pronunciation
    If that's the case then everyone in this country should refer to the band as "Ram Stone".
    I was thinking the same thing lol
    hahaha... thats ridiculous.

Pronounce it the way it's spelled.... /problem
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo

THIS
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    xeno is an idiot for thinking this video means they're going to get rammstein or maiden for mayhem fest
    Gwar headlining a side stage.

._.
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo

There is no Americanized way for the word/phrase "Rammstein". Ram Stone is the translation, I figured you would be able to understand that rather quickly.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    sure there is, you just pronounce it the way it's spelled.
    Ramstein is a county in Germany.... it isn't "Ram stone" or any kind of stone.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    lol... you have no idea what he's saying...
    "Rammstein" translates to "Ram Stone" take out the extra "m" and it becomes a famous air base, not a city. That is where the band got their name from.

behold!.....the magic of geography

and how do you think that air base got its name?
    i know exactly what he's saying
    Ramstein-Miesenbach (not just Ramstein, in order to make sense you need Miesenbach, I can't just say New and mean New York) is a municipality in the district of Kaiserslautern.
    i know exactly what he's saying
    Then you would know that "Rammstein" (gotta' have that extra m!) means Ram Stone.
    lol... it doesn't. translations don't work that way

"Ram" means nothing in german.... how can that translate into ram?

Bock = ram
    Ramstein-Miesenbach (not just Ramstein, in order to make sense you need Miesenbach, I can't just say New and mean New York) is a municipality in the district of Kaiserslautern.

Bock = ram
    Jesus Christ how many times do I have to tell you, THE WORD IS RAMM WITH 2 M'S NOT JUST 1.
    a facepalm
    Care to explain how I am wrong or will you just wing it?

Bock = ram
    Jesus Christ how many times do I have to tell you, THE WORD IS RAMM WITH 2 M'S NOT JUST 1.
    irrelevant dude.... "Ramm" means nothing either. lol, why is this concept so hard to grasp?

Bock = ram
    irrelevant dude.... "Ramm" means nothing either. lol, why is this concept so hard to grasp?
    What does "Rammstein" mean?

"Rammstein" is translated to "ramming stone" but that isn't why the group chose the name. They chose the name after the terrible plane crash at Ramstein (note only one 'm' in the spelling) Air Base. That is what the song "Rammstein" is about. I have the video from the accident in my video section.
    edited April 2011
    But they JUST said Ramstein.... that makes absolutely no sense. he basically just said "New".

way to prove my point einstein