Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If that nuclear plant in japan explodes with a nuclear blast the west coast of NA is fucked.

Comments

• StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    God, that is so fucking sad.

In response to this being Japan's "fault", I'm pretty sure they had plenty of defense against earthquakes/tsunamis, but it's not really something you can test until it happens.
    no.... its their fault for not even looking into using natural resources to power their country. They played with fire; and now its about to burn them; in a really terrible way too.
    Because every other country uses natural resources for power, right? I think this is a much more complicated issue than "well they should of just moved it".

That and I think instead of focusing on the past, we should be focusing on the future. There's no way to go back now.
    the ones who give a damn do (and have the monetary means to do so).... Japan definitely falls on the latter.

.... and moved what?
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    It wasn't like Japan was the black sheep that decided to be anti Earth and use nuclear power, they went with what was the trend around the globe.
    image Photobucket
    im not saying they were.... never have been.

just saying that they got what they were asking for..... and one day it'll hit us too.
    Ahh not personally Japan.. Just humans as a whole, such a great outlook haha
    image Photobucket
    Ahh not personally Japan.. Just humans as a whole, such a real outlook haha
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    fucking sweet. just found out i'm about 20 miles from a nuclear reactor!
    edited March 2011
    You think that'd be something you know lol. I used to be able to see the steam from Davis-Besse almost every morning on my way to school until it was kind of taken away by a tornado. Still see it anytime I go that way though.
    image Photobucket
    We always go right by it on our way to Cedar Point..when we were little my sister called it the cloud maker lol. My mom worked there for about a day and realized it was not for her.
    {Upload|5300}
    image Photobucket
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    fucking sweet. just found out i'm about 20 miles from a nuclear reactor!
    Most people are fairly close to some kind of nuclear plant, I'm not really bothered by it. To be honest I wish we would build more up-to-date ones because the current ones here (and around the world) are becoming a little too old for my liking. Still one of the best sources of power that we have though.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    {Upload|5318}

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    edited March 2011
    So what exactly is the truth. Everywhere seems like they're either down playing it or over playing it.
    No one knows the total truth because the company that runs the thing is not telling the Japanese government the whole extent of the situation (at least according to the Japanese Government), and then on top of that, the Japanese government is not telling all of what they know to the media. So the media is doing a LOT of speculating on this situation.

They're basically doing exactly what Toyota did with their issues.

Also, they have basically given up on trying to cool the reactors. The final 50 people were pulled out yesterday morning. They're now using helecopters to spray water onto the buildings which really basically does nothing.

Also, apparently experts in the US say they can't even speculate the numbers of the radiatin being released because the Japanese government is NOT releasing the numbers.

Here is a link to that:
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2011-03-17-japanradiate17_ST_N.htm
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That's so eerie, yet it looks so cool lolz.

• JeffJeff Posts: 1,164 just the tip
    people who think if the nuclear plants were more inland...Fukishema(however its spelled) is 60-80 miles inland.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    So the Guy who predicted the world series quake seems to think Cali has one coming in a week or two....

http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/cavuto/transcript/major-earthquake-north-america-imminent

I typically don't believe all the hype and hysteria on the news, but if you live out that way, get ready for some serious shit to go down. With the nuke plants and now possibly this, it never hurts to be prepared.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I've been saying California is due for a decent earthquake soon...it just seems like it's going to happen alot sooner now with the past and recent events going on
    imageimage
    Last earthquake ive felt(I live in cali) was in 8th grade. barely felt it at all. that was 6 years ago. I live about 50 miles from the san andreas fault line. of that fucked has like a 9.0+ I will feel it for sure.

It is time for cali to have a good one though. Maybe SF wont burn to the ground this time though.
    Also if an earthquake happens in Cali this year(big one) I will for sure believe that something will happen(or a series of things lead up to) on 12/21/12.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I love winning with women
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Last earthquake ive felt(I live in cali) was in 8th grade. barely felt it at all. that was 6 years ago. I live about 50 miles from the san andreas fault line. of that fucked has like a 9.0+ I will feel it for sure.

It is time for cali to have a good one though. Maybe SF wont burn to the ground this time though.
    SF was built ontop of the old one right? And I think they would have built it a little better the second time...but you never know =/
    imageimage
    I think. either way we(cali) dont have as stict of building codes as japan, building WILL fall. and maybe a tsunami too which wont reach me(im in a valley, mountains all around) but will fuck the bay up.