Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If that nuclear plant in japan explodes with a nuclear blast the west coast of NA is fucked.

Comments

• 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    The earthquake did not cause the crisis at the Fukushima facility. The tsunami was far more devastating than the earthquake and is the culprit for the current partial meltdown. The loss of power to the facility from virtually everything being washed away killed the power and the circulating water that keeps the reactors and spent fuel pools cool stopped flowing, causing water to evaporate from the intense heat being radiated from the fuel rods. They're currently attempting to restore power via one power line to try and get the water pumps started again.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    If a storm causes a tornado which in turn wrecks a town, it's not the peoples fault that they build it in that area.
    that's completely different. we're talking about the ring of fire where it is more than well known that big earthquakes can and will occur.
    obviously not a smart place for something so unstable. use common sense please. I don't want to actually argue about this...
    I agree with what you say about the danger zone.
    Japan is used to earthquakes, mostly everything is built to sustain a hit.
    But the tsunami was just something that happened.
    That's the thing. Japan is an island which is obv surrounded by water. If you have an earthquake big enough you will get a tsunami <_>
    imageimage
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    If a storm causes a tornado which in turn wrecks a town, it's not the peoples fault that they build it in that area.
    that's completely different. we're talking about the ring of fire where it is more than well known that big earthquakes can and will occur.
    obviously not a smart place for something so unstable. use common sense please. I don't want to actually argue about this...
    That's the thing. Japan is an island which is obv surrounded by water. If you have an earthquake big enough you will get a tsunami <_>
    Im just saying that shit happens.
    Haiti wasnt expecting a huge earthquake either n things crumbled.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    thats true, dayna
    but the earthquake was something that "just happened" <_>
    Im just saying that shit happens.
    Haiti wasnt expecting a huge earthquake either n things crumbled.
    Haiti crumbled because they can't afford to build things stable like Japan did. Also...aren't they on or arpund a fault line too?
    imageimage
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    thats true, dayna
    but the earthquake was something that "just happened" <_>
    A huge earthquake is to be expected at a place like Japan in such a bad spot...sure it happened but it should be treated as such a shock. They should have grew a brain bigger then their dicks and moved that shit inland and away from the water...or even not on the island at all
    imageimage
    edited March 2011
    im just trying to say that the tsunami caused most of the damage.
    i get that they are caused by earthquakes.
    If there was no tsunami then the whole thing most likely wouldnt of happened.
    Neither were prepared for the events.

EDIT: i still stand by statement of things happen even if youre in a "ring of fire"
    you can expect something to happen,
    you can be prepared for it,
    but you dont know when it will.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    I'm just wondering...why are there so many on Japan when that's not a very smart place to put em?
    have you ever SEEN tokyo?.... they have so many reactors because they waste so much energy.

not to be crass.... but this is solely Japan's fault. So much supposed Intelligence and they couldn't get past a better energy source than Nuclear? I mean; its not like they have the pacific ocean right at their door step or a sun that can feed our energy levels in one day (for the rest of your miseravle life!)
    I'm just wondering...why are there so many on Japan when that's not a very smart place to put em?
    have you ever SEEN tokyo?.... they have so many reactors because they waste so much energy.

not to be crass.... but this is solely Japan's fault. So much supposed Intelligence and they couldn't get past a better energy source than Nuclear? I mean; its not like they have the pacific ocean right at their door step or a sun that can feed our energy levels in one day (for the rest of your miseravle life!)
    Yeah I have...I just thought they would have been smarter with technology to at least improve what they have or make an alternate enery source like you said. They could have used a lot of different ways to get energy.

Y U NO USE BRAINS JAPAN?
    imageimage
    im just trying to say that the tsunami caused most of the damage.
    i get that they are caused by earthquakes.
    If there was no tsunami then the whole thing most likely wouldnt of happened.
    Neither were prepared for the events.

EDIT: i still stand by statement of things happen even if youre in a "ring of fire"
    you can expect something to happen,
    you can be prepared for it,
    but you dont know when it will.
    You're right, they were prepared for the quake, but didn't anticipate the catastrophic tsunami that followed. From the coast to 3 miles inland is total devastation. Past that you would hardly know anything ever happened.
    "I wouldn't expect this from you, Cheeze <_> "

I am very stubborn. <_>
    heh.... California is supposed to get hit with "The big one" this weekend. Because of the whole Super-moon deal, but meh.... people are just paranoid.

oh and reactors are close to large bodies of water on purpose.... in case of emergencies.

there is one North of here, about a 40 minute drive.... San Onofre. Shit sucks too
    I hear the millions of dead tuna a couple of weeks ago are a sign of "the big one" for the west coast. I'm not saying it's very likely to happen so soon after the Japan quake, but you know it's coming.
    edited March 2011
    oh and reactors are close to large bodies of water on purpose.... in case of emergencies.

there is one North of here, about a 40 minute drive.... San Onofre. Shit sucks too
    Salt water is not good for nuclear reactors. It's very corrosive and possibly contributed to the explosions. Salt water is a last resort.

• RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    The East Coast just looks better and better. :bz
    imageimage
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    The East Coast just looks better and better. :bz
    I love winning with women
  • JeffJeff Posts: 1,164 just the tip
    The reactors are fucking up more. 20 mile area around evacuated including almost all workers trying to stop it. all of them have been given the choice to leave but about 50 are staying and trying to stop a meltdown and they are taking in as much radiation per hour that the nuclear engineers that work there take in in their entire career. they kknow they will die from it but still doing it. these people are heroes...well trying to be.
    The last I heard of it, the Fukushima 50 increased to 180 so the workers could reduce the amount of radiation they receive while fighting to contain the inevitable. I honestly don't think there's any way they can possibly save this facility, even if some electricity is restored.. All 6 reactors are in distress.