Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

so i had a falling out with a friend...and i went from sad to pissed as hell

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    it just reminds me of a time when we were so happy and everyday was a blast....it had to go....i have this bear from build a bear that has a tiger uni on it...i don't know if i can get rid of that....
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    you should.

Curious did you ever ask her to come over and hang out with her and her daughter? Did you ever like try and invite them to go somewhere like the merry go round? (I dont know how old the child is).... trying to date a single mom is a lot different then trying to date a single girl.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    nola's advice about dating single moms: dont
    probably good advice. dating a single mom kinda requires being more about the child then you are about her.

edited March 2011
    of course...i hang out with my friend shirl all the time ( my best friends aunt) she lives 5 minutes driving away from this girl...and has 3 kids...i told her she was always welcome to bring the kids over and hang out...any time...i told her many times...and she never once took the offer....we were friends more then any thing...trusted each other fully...and she just slowly turned her back on me
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    edited March 2011
    "not to be playing devil's advocate or anything.... but rex seems kinda needy. "you never call me or text me; just to say hi"

she has fucking kids.... she's got more important things to worry about than your feelings. (Good) Parents live for their children.... what you are asking her to do is to live for her kids and then send some your way. "

I know people who have kids and make time with their friends. Even bring the kids along. Sure, she could be busy but not THAT busy. It's always good to do everything with your kids but people do need a break every once in.a while too. Yeah, good parents live for their children but they need their time too. Trust me, I know.
    How can you say this without having experienced what goes into being a mother/having children?
    Seeing or being around it is not the same as being in that position

I've been around literally 30 of my friends that have kids. They still talk with their friends and hang out when they can, which is at least once a week. Sometimes they even bring their kids along. Sure, I don't have a kid yet but when I do I'm not going to shut out my friends
    imageimage
    I read you said that before... But what I meant was did you ever ask if she wanted company at her place. Or really a better angle would have been to ask her and her child to go do something with you that was about the child. Single mom's (who really are mom's) always want to make sure their child is taken care of and has fun. She is willing to sacrifice her happiness for the sake of the child. that is why inviting her to go do something with you that is for the child might have been successful.

inviting her over to the aunts to let the kids run around and do their own thing while the grownups talk, might not be her thing. My wife was like that. However maybe if you made an effort to show that you want to be apart of what is important to her then perhaps that might have been successful.

dont get me wrong- I dont know you, and I dont know her. She might totally be not into you, and in that case you are doing the right thing. However the couple of things you've said today, make me wonder if she was into you.... But that she had to sacrifice that relationship for the sake of her child because she wants to be the best mom ever. If that is the type of mom she is, then you may have just been going about everything wrong. Getting a present for the child is going to be a billion times more received then getting a present for her.

like I said, I dont know the situation... just trying to give you something to think about.

I've been around literally 30 of my friends that have kids. They still talk with their friends and hang out when they can, which is at least once a week. Sometimes they even bring their kids along. Sure, I don't have a kid yet but when I do I'm not going to shut out my friends
    I think what he was trying to say is that sometimes mothers go crazy for the kids. Not every parent is like that. Some parents are totally cool with dropping their kid off at the sitter and hitting the club or bsing with friends. Other mothers want to spend every waking moment with the child molding them into the greatest person ever. My wife is basically like the second person I described.
    yeah dude i tried getting her to go to the park..many other things...i wanted to be a part of her and her kids life and i tried to make that clear..i bought both of her kids christmas presents
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Other mothers want to spend every waking moment with the child molding them into the greatest person ever. My wife is basically like the second person I described.

yah gotta be careful wake, over molding makes weird kids...
    yeah dude i tried getting her to go to the park..many other things...i wanted to be a part of her and her kids life and i tried to make that clear..i bought both of her kids christmas presents
    alright... :)

in that case torch the build-a-bear! or send it to her, with a note saying she thought her kids might like it.

yah gotta be careful wake, over molding makes weird kids...
    lol. dont I know it. My kids are weird-o's! joking....

yeah that is true. too much neutering is a bad thing. Once on a airplane I saw a 5 year old kid breast feeding! lol

eh she would hate me if i did that....ill just give it to my friend stephs kid...im never at her house so i won't see it
    Why?
    edited March 2011
    she would think i was trying to make her remember me or something..shes a bitch like that
    she will probably have angry feelings for me for a long time...she is an angry person
    hmmm.... I'd send it anyways. lol. Just put a note that says

"I thought your kids might get more use out of this. I don't really need it to remember the good times we had."
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    eh kids don't bother me man...and in all truth as you get older a lot of people have kids so its something you may just have to deal with
    eh kids don't bother me man...and in all truth as you get older a lot of people have kids so its something you may just have to deal with
    It's not about being bothered by kids, but having to sacrifice your time/life for them. Your life before and after children is two very different things. You'll know when you are a father what I am talking about.

In some ways it is great and amazing, in others ways you give up so much of yourself.

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    {Upload|4323}

i just threw this away...i had it for 4 years....it was from when we were working in the gas station and we were fighting...i went outside to smoke and when i came back in i opened my register and this was laying on top of the money and she told me " no matter how much we fight and how stupid it is over you will always be my sunshine on a rainy day" *waits for your a fag comments* idk im a sentimental person and this meant a lot to me...i thought i would have it forever.....
    i still have stuff from my ex... like pics, and dance tix, and dance couple cards and what not... they were items that symbolized a time of happiness, and a relationship. i should prob get rid of them too.

Do You Like Hurting Other People?