Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Elite private memberships

1235»

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    A good example is Ben from Goatwhore who is openly ok with people downloading Goatwhore's CD's. He said a band like his shouldn't care because it's publicity for an underground band when people download and spread the links everywhere. Sure it's illegal, but not many people care (excluding our good friend Lars).
    BEN = REAL MUSICIAN LARS = FUCKHEAD
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Ben=Struggling artist
    Lars=Millionaire douchebag
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Ben=Struggling artist
    Lars=Millionaire douchebag
    exactly, it all depends what one wants, ill take then ben way and let my music set me free
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,595 spicy boy
    i believe the last kingdom of sorrow leaked way before it was out...the last hatebreed album 2
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

You may have. But never before it came out. I didn't say it doesn't happen. I said they were genius's at not letting their shit "leak". They control it. After the album drops, it's a whole other world.
    Ahhh... yeah that can be controlled. I've never really thought it was all that big of a deal for an album to leak online first.

Being completely serious here... You know what is the best way for your son (its your son in a band right?) to limit money lost by illegal downloading? To be into the world, and when he music is listed on the torrent sites for download to just put some sort of message in the comments like

"Hello. I am so-and-so the guitarist for this band. I understand that there is nothing I can do to stop piracy, however we are struggling artists trying to make it in this business. So I kindly ask you that if you like our work, to buy our album. If you don't like it, no biggie. but if you do like it, support us so we can keep making more tunez. thanks people. "

(comments like that go a LOOOOONG way in the torrent community. )

Wake, when an album leaks prior to dropping it destroys the first week sales, the really important ones.

We will go the route of purposefully leaking some songs but we'll decide when and where, not a label or some asshat that works in an A&R office.

I understand both sides of the discussion. I am firmly implanted on, in my opinion, the right side. It may be harder to be on this side but the rewards are greater tenfold.

I am my son's limit on losing my money. Hahaha. I'm a greedy motherfucker that learned how to count money at the age of four. I am not going to let him get hurt financially. I'm not going to let him sign away the rights to his songs either.
    I believe you about first week sales, and I bet you could stop leaks. I actually wonder how albums always leak early. seems like an easy thing to stop.
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    edited March 2011
    personally, I'd rather just use a direct download then a p2p anything.

album leaks are due to promotional CD's or someone saying "hey i got an early CD I'mma post it on the internet for my friend"
    friend "This shit is gonna go everywhere"
    Or, as in the GnR leak recently, the shit was stolen and put out there by some asshat sitting in an office where it was recorded.

You'll almost always know when an artist is giving it away as opposed to a stolen or leaked version.
  • GuruGuru Posts: 2,089 juggalo
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    TBH, i knew since the 'engineer thread'......
    posting a pic in the picture thread....
    bitch please, post something showing proof that you aren't just googling 'gay guy on motorcycle'......

bitch please, post something showing proof that you aren't just googling 'gay guy on motorcycle'......

the proof is CF and Distance having known me for years...
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo

I lol'd
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep

the proof is CF and Distance having known me for years...

We ALL know that CF and Distance are just Mark Lyman sock puppets...