Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Elite private memberships

Comments

• fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    I download music, movies and tv shows. i dont really give a fuck if someone calls me a thief for it.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ^but do you care if someone calls you a murder for it? Because maybe alec's mom taught him that copyright infringement is also murder. semantics. /s
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Distance, I can afford ANY CD I'd like. I'm not limited by money, only time. I'm glad you have broad musical horizons. It's good for a person to be exposed to new things. Way to go girl!!
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    I got a letter from Comcast, but I still download shit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I download music, movies and tv shows. i dont really give a fuck if someone calls me a thief for it.

Thief.

LOL. J/k bro. I don't care if you steal music. It just ain't for me.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I can't download or buy, it really sucks.

I don't have a job so I can't buy.

I only get 5 gigs of internet a month, so downloading is no bueno.
    ^but do you care if someone calls you a murder for it? Because maybe alec's mom taught him that copyright infringement is also murder. semantics. /s
    well people can call me whatever the fuck they want and it isn't going to keep me up at night. i also do BUY cds, and dvds. I own over 500 purchased cds. i just happen to also download
    i do see where Alec is coming from though because i get pissed every time another cd store closes down.
    They routinely sell out shows. We have SOLD over 6000 units, which for a local band is pretty good. Roadrunner has approached them. Century Media has approached them. I'm not sure what your definition of "real world" is as you obviously don't live there.

Why would we want to GIVE away a viable product that sells itself?
    tell them not to sign to those labels! their shit will be stolen instantly!

Roadrunner was bounced almost immediately on principle alone. Century Media won't be getting them either as we've heard horror stories direct from the mouths of 3IOB, God Forbid, and Opiate for the Masses(recently dropped, cuz they suck). Doc and Byron both warned us of the shenanigans over there. They'll be better off starting their own label and doing the distribution through a bigger group. We are currently exploring those avenues.

Thanks for the advice. I've been at this for a while now but I'm always willing to listen. Maybe not take it to heart, but I'll listen.
    I wasn't being serious. If they sign to a label my bet is they will make a shit load more money then they did before they signed. Their music will be pirated though.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited March 2011
    You don't support people with no profession, nola.

Make no mistake about it, it's a bidness.
    yes i can support people who i share common ground with in the love of music. once you look at music as a job, you are no longer a musician
    I wasn't being serious. If they sign to a label my bet is they will make a shit load more money then they did before they signed. Their music will be pirated though.

Yes and maybe. An artist can definitely control the piracy. Phil Anselmo is a genius at it. Jasta is too.
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    I see what you're saying.
    I already have a site where I can get video games, movies, and music. They aren't torrents either.
    I'm with Ed on this. Except I'm not a big video game guy, just lots of movies and music.

yes i can support people who i share common ground with in the love of music. once you look at music as a job, you are no longer a musician
    At some point your "art" will cost you money to do. Then it will no longer be "for the love". You'll need to find a way to make it pay for itself. Then it becomes a job. It really became a job/profession once you got paid to perform.

Yes and maybe. An artist can definitely control the piracy. Phil Anselmo is a genius at it. Jasta is too.
    How so? I illegally downloaded all their music, so they didnt seem to stop me. although I also have legally purchased most (if not all) of their albums as well. I follow Josta on twitter, and he dosen't seem the type that would agree with your stance on this topic.

At some point your "art" will cost you money to do. Then it will no longer be "for the love". You'll need to find a way to make it pay for itself. Then it becomes a job. It really became a job/profession once you got paid to perform.
    the only reason you should need to find a way to pay for it is so you could have the ability to make/preform more music, not to make big money. let me rephrase then, once you are in it to make money and not get your music heard and share music with others then you are no longer a musician.
    Downloading music is illegal, period. Downloading movies is illegal, period. Even though there have been many o' people that try and stop it, downloading movies and music will never stop. I currently have 574 albums on my computer, 4 or 5 of which I ripped to my harddrive from CD's I bought, the rest was downloaded.
    yeah ive downloaded all my down, pantera, hatebreed, AA, SJR illegally...
    A good example is Ben from Goatwhore who is openly ok with people downloading Goatwhore's CD's. He said a band like his shouldn't care because it's publicity for an underground band when people download and spread the links everywhere. Sure it's illegal, but not many people care (excluding our good friend Lars).

How so? I illegally downloaded all their music, so they didnt seem to stop me. although I also have legally purchased most (if not all) of their albums as well. I follow Josta on twitter, and he dosen't seem the type that would agree with your stance on this topic.

You may have. But never before it came out. I didn't say it doesn't happen. I said they were genius's at not letting their shit "leak". They control it. After the album drops, it's a whole other world.