Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Elite private memberships

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,595 spicy boy
    the letters are pretty much that...just letters
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    the letters are pretty much that...just letters
    True. But I feel like that puts you on your ISP radar to keep checking in on you. I mean I could be wrong I guess.

Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I might have been interested if this thread was posted a few weeks back. But a friend of mine who lives down the street got a cease and desist letter from comcast for downloading tv shows and such. I always told her to be careful and to look at the uploaders info and seeds and such.

But since that happened I haven't downloaded any torrents since then. Hey WakeOfAshes or anyone else that downloads torrents do you use peer guardian or anything when you download torrents?
    I think I use IP blocker... maybe peer gaurdian. I can't remember exactly what.... I set it up a long time ago and it just auto updates itself and takes care of it.

Just so you know, the sites I am offering are pretty fucking safe. They are the most requested private sites because they are the most difficult to get into. I had to personally know someone to get in... The likelihood of the RIAA/MPAA having membership here is practically none. And everyone on these sites force client encryption so comcast will have no idea what you are doing.

so take a break for a while
    Some sort of IP Blocker + Force encryption + private site = note getting caught ever.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I got busted for downloading true blood.
    from where?
    getting a letter isn't really getting busted
    My internet provider mediacom.
    No... I mean where did you download the content from? Direct download? Torrent from the pirate bay? torrent from demonoid?
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo

HAHAHA

Why would they bust you for something that's not illegal?

Theft is theft.

HAHAHA

Why would they bust you for something that's not illegal?

Theft is theft.
    I forgot to add that this tread is not for Alec29 :-D
    He still got busted, for something he argued passionately was not illegal. They don't bust people for legal things.
    He still got busted, for something he argued passionately was not illegal. They don't bust people for legal things.
    If someone ever claimed it was legal then they apparently have not read the DMCA. It is obviously illegal. It just isn't "stealing" :-D
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "Steal" is such a strong word. I prefer to think of it as borrowing without the intent of returning.
    If someone ever claimed it was legal then they apparently have not read the DMCA. It is obviously illegal. It just isn't "stealing" :-D
    Then what is it? The law says "THEFT", which is synonomous with STEALING.
    Funny as hell. I hope they actually prosecute instead of just ending a warning.
    Then what is it? The law says "THEFT", which is synonomous with STEALING.
    Funny as hell. I hope they actually prosecute instead of just ending a warning.
    Here is the law you keep wanting to quote:

http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf

Exactly where in this document is this activity referred to as "theft" or "stealing". What is it? According to the law it is "copyright infringement". The reason why this law does not refer to it as "theft" or "stealing" is because there is no quantifiable deprivation. The only reason why you keep calling it so, is because the RIAA/MPAA launched a somewhat successful campaign to confuse the people about the meaning of the word theft. Because the RIAA/MPAA didn't think our little brains were smart enough to understand the morality between "copyright infringement" and actual "stealing". You ate their bullshit hook, line, and sinker.

I find it funny that you keep wanting to argue this with me because I've admitted several times that it is both illegal and of questionable morality. Morally speaking it is almost completely wrong to download another persons intellectual property without their consent. I say it is of questionable morality, because I personally believe most metal artists do not have much issues with people downloading their content because they understand the benefits of piracy (especially in their genre where they get no mainstream radio support). However if you wanted to be of good moral standings, then you should always get the consent of the artist before you download their content for free. The RIAA and record labels will never give this consent. The bands probably would, however although they made the content they rarely own their own shit.

Anyways, back to your question... you should say "I hope you guys get busted for copyright infringement and spend ten years in jail with fines of over a million dollars". That is much more accurate.

No... I mean where did you download the content from? Direct download? Torrent from the pirate bay? torrent from demonoid?
    demonoid. and i still download music just not tv shows and movies.
    demonoid. and i still download music just not tv shows and movies.
    lol. see that is exactly what I meant with my second post in this tread. Demonoid is so easy to get on that everyone at the RIAA/MPAA has membership. That is why I like the elite private sites better... even if it is hard to maintain ration. I am patient and the content is better.

It's still theft. What you are spouting is equivalent to calling the colr white ivory, bone, eggshell, etc. Symmantics. Theft is taking something that does not belong to you without permission, correct?

IT"S STILL STEALING.