Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Bottle_Treez (NSFW)

Comments

• Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    edited April 2011
    Goodnight Arlo and Facefuck! :)

And I lol'd at the fact 'Facefuck' is in my phones auto fill in dictionary thing.
    I'm in ur phonez, erasin ur voicemailz. 8-X
    inb4lists
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    :-)) Jokes on you, I don't have any voicemails worth keeping anyway. :P
    imageimage

• I was going to give you a long and slightly depressing argument as to why pessimism at such a young age is pretty pointless, but you decided to not play along.

Moral of the story, you have a long life ahead of you, never let anything that happened in a day, week, month, year, or decade define how you will life your life from here on out.

You realize pessimism can be a reaction to a world view, right? Just because someone is cynical and pessimistic doesn't mean they've had horrible personal experiences. I've grown up in a wonderful, loving family, I've had some great friends, and an overall -compared to average- privileged life. Yet, when I look at the world around me, and see how people treat each other, see the oppression and suppression and violence and terror, whether carried out by individuals or by governments, and the overall failures of humanity, I find it delusional to even consider optimism as a thought process.

Inside every cynic is a disappointed idealist. I'm an idealist, but without illusions. I actually think optimistic people make the world a better place. Sadly, I'm not one of those people.
    Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
    Fine then, I'll just spam your interwebz [-(
    inb4lists
    Bring it. >:/
    imageimage
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Bring it like Prince facefuck
    Bring it like Prince facefuck
    OH GOD NOT AGAIN. :-t
    imageimage
    {Upload|8990}
    inb4lists
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    <_>
    {Upload|8998}
    inb4lists
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers

I was going to give you a long and slightly depressing argument as to why pessimism at such a young age is pretty pointless, but you decided to not play along.

Moral of the story, you have a long life ahead of you, never let anything that happened in a day, week, month, year, or decade define how you will life your life from here on out.

You realize pessimism can be a reaction to a world view, right? Just because someone is cynical and pessimistic doesn't mean they've had horrible personal experiences. I've grown up in a wonderful, loving family, I've had some great friends, and an overall -compared to average- privileged life. Yet, when I look at the world around me, and see how people treat each other, see the oppression and suppression and violence and terror, whether carried out by individuals or by governments, and the overall failures of humanity, I find it delusional to even consider optimism as a thought process.

Inside every cynic is a disappointed idealist. I'm an idealist, but without illusions. I actually think optimistic people make the world a better place. Sadly, I'm not one of those people.

COMPLETELY agree with this. Exact same reason I'm extremely pessimistic myself. Bravo.

=D>
    {Upload|8990}
    Facefuck <_>

I was going to give you a long and slightly depressing argument as to why pessimism at such a young age is pretty pointless, but you decided to not play along.

COMPLETELY agree with this. Exact same reason I'm extremely pessimistic myself. Bravo.

=D>
    I somewhat agree with both points...
    At least he tried.
    I would like to see wine elaborate more... I dont think he got owned, i just think he didnt respond to the reple yet. both make good points in some sense.... you have to take evrything in this world with a grain of salt...
  • I would like to see wine elaborate more... I dont think he got owned, i just think he didnt respond to the reple yet. both make good points in some sense.... you have to take evrything in this world with a grain of salt...
    I'm the bitter, idealistic, misanthropist - the type of person Wine has no use for.

Wine is the optimistic person, the one who gets the most out of life because he sees life as a gift that shouldn't be squandered in negativity - the type of person I envy.
    Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
    I would like to see wine elaborate more... I dont think he got owned, i just think he didnt respond to the reple yet. both make good points in some sense.... you have to take evrything in this world with a grain of salt...
    Wine is the optimistic person, the one who gets the most out of life because he sees life as a gift that shouldn't be squandered in negativity - the type of person I envy.
    Anti-depressants help achieve this. :-)) Without them I revert back to the bitter, miserable pessimist.