Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Favorite Mayhem Fest Memories

Comments

• Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Albums that made me look at music differently in recent years were
    Leviathan by Mastodon
    Colors by BTBAM
    1995 by Screaming Headless Torsos
    Metazoa by Cormorant
    Black Future by Vektor
    And all of Death's proggier albums.
    Have you listened to Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee's side projects?
    Nope, can't say I have.
    They are interesting, Lifeson's is very grungy, but Rush-like at the same time, what I have heard from Lee's it is more down tempo and soft. Both bands have Metal Archives pages. Lifeson's is Victor, and Lee's is Geddy Lee.
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    After discovering Agalloch and listening to more stoner/doom metal than usual, I really have a hard time listening to much of what I used to. :-))
    imageimage
    Now listen to In A Flesh Aquarium from start to finish and tell me if you can ever listen to music the same way again.
    Alright i will. Artist?

Unexpect
    Downloading now.

Uh oh.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    stoner/doom metal is the best subgenre of metal...
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    stoner/doom metal is the best subgenre of metal...
    =D>
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Now listen to In A Flesh Aquarium from start to finish and tell me if you can ever listen to music the same way again.
    Alright i will. Artist?

Unexpect
    Downloading now.

Uh oh.
    wut?
    Avant-Garde/Experimental/Progressive/Funk/Jazz is the best subgenre of everything.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Alright i will. Artist?

Unexpect
    Downloading now.

Uh oh.

Now we wait ~O)
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    SS > Mushroomhead
    LOLLLLLLLL

youre trying too hard now

There is no try. If you knew me you would know that I prefer SS over Herpderphead.

Alright i will. Artist?

Unexpect
    Downloading now.

Uh oh.
    wut?
    *waits for minds to be blown*
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Slayer was the best band on the main stage for me that year. No, they didn't do anything on stage, but they didn't have to when the hill was a giant pit. American Carnage was the same way, though Megadeth was far and away the better band that night. And like I said before, The Blackening has everyone sucking Machine Head's cock and forgetting the fact that they are trend hoppers to a t. And this is coming from someone who really likes Machine Head.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    After discovering Agalloch and listening to more stoner/doom metal than usual, I really have a hard time listening to much of what I used to. :-))
    Them too. Sleep's Holy Mountain also had quite an effect on me.
    I won't be listening to it until tomorrow. I'm writing a paper right now/refreshing this thread.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Slayer was the best band on the main stage for me that year. No, they didn't do anything on stage, but they didn't have to when the hill was a giant pit. American Carnage was the same way, though Megadeth was far and away the better band that night. And like I said before, The Blackening has everyone sucking Machine Head's cock and forgetting the fact that they are trend hoppers to a t. And this is coming from someone who really likes Machine Head.
    all of this is true except there was no giant pit at my mayhem cuz everyone thought slayer was a dissapoint...

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    I probably won't listen to it until later because my internet isn't the fastest.
    I'm not forgetting that Machine Head are total trend hoppers. I still think that The Blackening is cock sucking-worthy.
    I probably won't listen to it until later because my internet isn't the fastest.
    Yeah mine has been stalled at 15 minutes for 15 minutes. Stupid mediafire.
    edited February 2011
    all of this is true except there was no giant pit at my mayhem cuz everyone thought slayer was a dissapoint...

They played Chemical Warfare and Ghosts of War at Mayhem too which was fucking awesome....on American Carnage, they had to cut them in order to play all of Seasons. :(
    I'm not forgetting that Machine Head are total trend hoppers. I still think that The Blackening is cock sucking-worthy.
    It's a very, very, very overrated album. I love every song on it, but as a whole the album is tough to digest. I got the same feeling listening to the new Exodus last year.