Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

yo Nolaz

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited May 2011
    Weren't you just talking shit about Cornell, wake?
    Yeah.... I think he is a douche in real life. And I think all three of his commercially released albums are absolute garbage. I think his other bands Soundgarden, Temple of the dog, and Audioslave are so-so. They have their moments, but I grow tired of them quickly.

That said, This one unreleased album is fucking awesome. There is not a song on this album that I don't love. It has a lot of soul, and it is without a doubt the best album I have ever heard by him.

Cornell has a bad tendency to over produce everything he does. And sometimes I really require a well produced album (Like LOG palaces verses LOG NAG non remastered version), however you can way over produce it such that it starts sounding like garbage. That is what Cornell does. He has a great voice, and he doesnt need to overproduce his natural tone out of the albums.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    What songs are on the album?

I've said this before and I'll say it again.........the first 3 Soundgarden albums are classics
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    .the first 3 Soundgarden albums are classics
    What songs are on the album?

I've said this before and I'll say it again.........the first 3 Soundgarden albums are classics
    This is an unreleased bootleg album that you can't buy. This is not in track order, but interesting order

Billie Jean (Michael Jackson Cover)
    Redemption Song (Bon Marley Cover)
    Peace Love and Understanding ( Elvis Costello Cover)
    Thank you (Led Zeppelin Cover)
    .......... (now for his stuff)
    Doesn't Remind me
    Like a Stone
    Wide Awake
    Fell on Black Days (Soundgarden)
    Be Yourself
    Original Fire
    All Night Thing (Temple of the dog)
    Black hole sun (Soundgarden)
    Call me a dog (Temple of the dog)

And Yeah.... I like the first three soundgarden albums. I'm not saying they are bad, only that I grow tired of them if I listen to them all at once.

I would and have listened to this unreleased Unplugged in Sweden album multiple times in a row. It does not get old. The album really fucking owns.

I don't know if you would like it CF, but I am pretty sure Nola will. Do you like acoustic stuff? Like how do you feel about Nirvana Unplugged compared to the other albums? Favorable? if so, check out this album
    meh I kind of got tired of the whole unplugged thing somewhere in the late 90's. I'm not so sure it would be my thing
    nirvana unplugged is by far nirvanas best album, by far
    I disagree, but I don't like Nirvana enough to care
    meh I kind of got tired of the whole unplugged thing somewhere in the late 90's. I'm not so sure it would be my thing
    Almost always- when I recommend albums for people, I only recommend albums that I know that specific person will dig. If I have to make generic recommendations I will, but just because an album is epic, doesnt mean everyone will get the vibe of the album.
    I want to agree with this, but think Nevermind was more important then Unplugged in NY. Without Nevermind, Unplugged wouldnt exist.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Alice In Chains Unplugged, Nirvana Unplugged.....seems the most troubled bands put on the best show when the sound is stripped down to acoustics and raw emotion.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    meh i dont give a shit about any impact or influence or any other outside thing that has to do with the album, im strictly saying musically its by far there best album
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Alice In Chains Unplugged, Nirvana Unplugged.....seems the most troubled bands put on the best show when the sound is stripped down to acoustics and raw emotion.
    I grew up on Unplugged in NY. It was the first album I purchased and it is one of my favorite live albums. I just get a certain feeling from it I cant explain, I love that album.
    edited May 2011
    I grew up on Unplugged in NY. It was the first album I purchased and it is one of my favorite live albums. I just get a certain feeling from it I cant explain, I love that album.
    You should download the album link I just suggested for nolaz. It is ten times better then nirvana unplugged
    I will... I'm sure I will like it, but I mean there was a time where I listened to nirvana unplugged nonstop, i doubt I would like anything as much as that. doesnt mean I dont like the quality, songs, ect... i mean I love incubus and STP unplugged, something about that nirvana album just gets me, it means alot to me...
    I'm listening to it now, its good! i love acoustic jams.
    I'm listening to it now, its good! i love acoustic jams.
    \m/ !!!

Have you got to billie Jean yet? I don't think it is the best song on the track, but I love covers that go in new and interesting ways.
    yeah, thats was the one I was on when I posted... Billie Jean is my favorite MJ song, so I wasnt sure if I would like it, but its was a good version, I like how he kind of made it his own style insted of just trying to copy the exact song structure, it was a good one.
    edited May 2011
    Totally! I actually think Billie Jean is one of MJ's best songs and so you'd have to be pretty arrogant to think that you could take his song and try and sing it the same way but better then he did. that aint happening. But you mix it up and make it your own and sing it totally different in a non sucking way \m/