Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

yo Nolaz

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited May 2011
    pffft does he have concept albums.......all his abums are pretty much concept albums....

these albums are my fav in order

Rain Dogs
    The heart of saturday Night
    swordfishtrombones
    small change
    mule variations

but he really doesnt have a bad album, the mans a genius and i know people throw around the word genius alot but this time its deserved.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Well when you throw around a word like genius, I can't help but wonder how he compares to Waters.

Well, pretty good chance I will dig him from what you just said. I am a huge fan of concept albums in general... and when an artist pulls it off without it sounding like shit then my thoughts on the artist go sky high. It's one thing to make one 3 minute song that is cohesive and stays on focus while being interesting, it is quite another thing to make that song be 50 minutes long.
    his concept albums are literally NOTHING like pink floyds tho....maybe you have a different idea of what a concept album is than i do. a concept album to me is that an entire album has one cohesive feel ot flow to it where its better to listen to the whole album than just pick out songs and shuffle them. my suggestion to you is to listen to the album from beginning to finish in order the way god original intended albums to be listened too lol
    ive honestly never seen an artist change more from album to album and literally get better as hes doing it, its really unbelievable
    I use the commonly used defination of concept album which is

"A concept album is an album that is unified by a theme, which can be instrumental, compositional, narrative, or lyrical"

I think PF's lyrical concepts are executed almost flawlessly. I know of only one other group that produces better concept albums then Pink Floyd - Ayreon. Ayreon executes concept albums flawlessly. Have you ever got into this band? The Human Equation is literally one of my all time favorite albums. Probably top 10, maybe top 5.
    ive honestly never seen an artist change more from album to album and literally get better as hes doing it, its really unbelievable
    Well I will for sure check him out. except I am not dling mediafire garbage. I'll get some good quality dl's from waffles or what.
    ive listened very little to ayreon.. i could def give them another listen
    Well I will for sure check him out. except I am not dling mediafire garbage. I'll get some good quality dl's from waffles or what.
    sweet! sound quality isnt a major factor w/ waits either lol.... his songs sometimes are in kinda bad sound quality on purpose lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3xzb2eubf0&feature=related
    The Human Equation just blows my mind when I think of all he did to pull that album together. The story is basically that of a guy in a coma, and his feelings (hate, love, fear, hope) take shapes inside of his head to help him understand how he got there. Where he came from, who he is, and how ultimately he is a really shitty person. It is only when he comes to grips with who he is, and all he lost that he is able to awaken from the coma. Arjen went out into the rock world and recruited Mikael Akerfeldt (from opeth), James LaBrie (from Dream Theater), Devin Townsend (Strapping Young Lad, and his solo work) to sing different characters of his story. The album is just plain and simply a masterpiece.

I would literally pay 1000 dollars (maybe more) to see this album played in it's entirety, with the original singers, and with some sort of acting performance to go with.
    sounds pretty cool, ill give it a shot
    I'm not recommending you check that album out now... I really think you will dig the chris cornell album.
    okay, i gotta work today but sometime this week ill get to it
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    youz remeber nolaz Bday thread, that shit was the craziest thread I ever seen, lolz i need to bump dat shit.
    Yo Nolaz... I asked Adam for the mediafire link to that Chris Cornell - Unplugged in Sweden album. He delivered so no excuses

http://www.mediafire.com/?2wdjjzek9cn

let me know when you've given it a listen. I think you will especially like some of the covers. I know I do. His Billy Jean cover is awesome (not the best song on the track by any means, but it is something to mention.)
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The Human Equation just blows my mind when I think of all he did to pull that album together. The story is basically that of a guy in a coma, and his feelings (hate, love, fear, hope) take shapes inside of his head to help him understand how he got there. Where he came from, who he is, and how ultimately he is a really shitty person. It is only when he comes to grips with who he is, and all he lost that he is able to awaken from the coma. Arjen went out into the rock world and recruited Mikael Akerfeldt (from opeth), James LaBrie (from Dream Theater), Devin Townsend (Strapping Young Lad, and his solo work) to sing different characters of his story. The album is just plain and simply a masterpiece.

I would literally pay 1000 dollars (maybe more) to see this album played in it's entirety, with the original singers, and with some sort of acting performance to go with.
    I saw Queensryche do something like that a couple of years ago. They played Operation Mindcrime 1 and 2 in their entireties (sp?), with actors on stage. It sounds gay but it was really awesome. One of the cooler, more unique shows I've ever seen.
    ^that would have been epic! I love shit like that \m/
    bumped for nolaz... save da link brah
    aight man ill listen to it today
    aight man ill listen to it today
    \m/
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Weren't you just talking shit about Cornell, wake?