Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

MARCH MADNESS OF MUSIC 60s to 90s

Comments

• Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I like Led Zeppelin, don't get me wrong here. IV is a great album, but a lot of their songs bore me to tears. Cash has never bored me ever.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

Those songs they are ripping off are the good ones, I don't see any bands ripping off their acoustic drawn out crap.
    #-O Jesus. okay you admit Zeppelin are continually ripped off but still want to talk shit? yeah... I'm done with this conversation.

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited March 2011
    honestly, i dont think people have really listened to cash's american rcordings tracks with rubin, they are seriously beyond this world
    That doesn't make your case. Do you realize how great of a producer Rick Rubin is? I have mad mad mad respect for Rubin. The fucker knows music and how to produce it. A billion times more then anyone else on this board. I'm not saying Cash isnt a great artist, but Rubin makes even shitty artist like like genius.

so apparently if rick rubin produces your music He is now the genius? you obviously havent listened to the american recordings tracks because you would realize most songs are acoustic covers of other artists. now you could use that as an excuse against cash, that most songs werent his. but he just took songs to a whole nuther level than the original artist to where goosebumps stand up on your neck. ive never felt music they way i do with cash, just think of the first times you heard hurt, it was probably the only time i cried to a song in my life

Those songs they are ripping off are the good ones, I don't see any bands ripping off their acoustic drawn out crap.
    #-O Jesus. okay you admit Zeppelin are continually ripped off but still want to talk shit? yeah... I'm done with this conversation.

I made my point then.
    honestly, i dont think people have really listened to cash's american rcordings tracks with rubin, they are seriously beyond this world
    That doesn't make your case. Do you realize how great of a producer Rick Rubin is? I have mad mad mad respect for Rubin. The fucker knows music and how to produce it. A billion times more then anyone else on this board. I'm not saying Cash isnt a great artist, but Rubin makes even shitty artist like like genius.

Slayer and Slipknot both did albums with Rubin.
    i love rick rubin, but my love for johnny doesnt completely revolve around rubin. i appreciate what rubin did tho with johnny and american recordings, what came out of that duo was magical
    and i dont vote on who is the better artist, i vote on if i could only listen to one band who would it be, and without a shadow of a doubt it would be johnny

so apparently if rick rubin produces your music He is now the genius? you obviously havent listened to the american recordings tracks because you would realize most songs are acoustic covers of other artists. now you could use that as an excuse against cash, that most songs werent his. but he just took songs to a whole nuther level than the original artist to where goosebumps stand up on your neck. ive never felt music they way i do with cash, just think of the first times you heard hurt, it was probably the only time i cried to a song in my life
    No I have heard it, and it is a fantastic album. And Cash is a fantastic artist.... He is no Led Zeppelin though.

But yes... I'll say it. When Rick Rubin is the producer of an album, I pretty much give most of the credit to him for that album. I actually thought this thought was pretty common knowledge. Have you seen the albums he has produced? Almost Everything he touches is fucking solid. And when bands go with a different producer, their albums are garbage. There are so many examples of this... do I really need to point out specifics? really?

he is seriously a great producer, but johnny cash was a legend before rick rubin was born so that it quite a claim
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    it was probably the only time i cried to a song in my life
    don't lie [-X

you know you got piss drunk multiple times and cried over more then just 1 song, I aint buyin it. :>

Slayer and Slipknot both did albums with Rubin.
    EXACTLY. And just imagine how awful they would be without his work, because really both are pretty shitty bands. Even Metallica has worked with Rick. Death Magnetic - Rick; St. Anger - Not Rick.

okay ill admit, this song has gotten me teary eyed a few times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jyVZNrWkow
    he is seriously a great producer, but johnny cash was a legend before rick rubin was born so that it quite a claim
    I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying that Rubin knows music, and any album he is apart of will be at least twice better then if he wasnt involved.

lol, i knew it :-))
    bump... Zeppelin won.

LED ZEPPELIN 5
    JOHNNY CASH 2
    zep wins

ROUND 3

BEATLES 0
    RAMONES 0
    BEATLES 1
    RAMONES 0
    What would you do if I sang out of tune, would you stand up and walk out on me?

BEATLES 2
    RAMONES 0

BEATLES 3
    RAMONES 0
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    What would you do if I sang out of tune, would you stand up and walk out on me?

BEATLES 2
    RAMONES 0
    our fucking prime minister sang with a little help from my friends