Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

MARCH MADNESS OF MUSIC 60s to 90s

Comments

• Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I shouldn't be so hard on them, every pop band of the day put 4 or 5 covers songs or songs that stole riffs from someone else on their albums, in fact, every Beatles album up to Rubber Soul had covers.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    PINK FLOYD 1
    BEACH BOYS 0

PINK FLOYD 1
    BEACH BOYS 1

sry george, it was close
    {Upload|6554}
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    there are very few songs ever written that surpass this gem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDfH_J4MAUQ

u people act like i dont like pink floyd, i do. but i have a soft spot for the beach boys
    nothing wrong with that... I was just saying I was surprised by your pick. that is all. surprised is neither good nor bad.
    sarcasm is hard to detect sometimes. i though you were bein a smart guy cuz me and george fight about PF alot
    there are very few songs ever written that surpass this gem
    any of this ring a bell?

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (1967)
    A Saucerful of Secrets (1968)
    Soundtrack from the Film More (1969)
    Ummagumma (1969)
    Atom Heart Mother (1970)
    Meddle (1971)
    Obscured by Clouds (1972)
    The Dark Side of the Moon (1973)
    Wish You Were Here (1975)
    Animals (1977)
    The Wall (1979)
    The Final Cut (1983)
    A Momentary Lapse of Reason (1987)
    The Division Bell (1994)

=;
    don't get wake started on song writing :>
    first of all those are albums, not songs <_>

first of all those are albums, not songs <_>

yeah and most of the songs on those albums are songwriting masterpieces...
    8-> Masterpeices You Say? 8->
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Personally I don't know how one could even compare songs between Pink Floyd and The Beach Boys. Really it is like comparing Zeppelin to NWA. yeah, I guess you can make the comparison, but there isnt much meaning that will come from it.

The Beach Boys wrote music for it to be fun, and catchy and make playing out in the sun fun.

Floyd wrote music as an experience, or journey the explore life and yourself and get you thinking about interesting aspects of life.

they are just so different debating songs between them is silly. I dont really have a problem with Nola liking fun carefree songs over deep well thought out songs.
    i like both types of songs..... i just really like the beach boys

but like i said before, i would take pink floyd over any rock band making music today by a mile
    and wake this isnt comparing bands per se, its just a vote of who you like to listen to moar. depending on my mood i mite go for pink floyd over the beach boys. for example if im just chillin in my room smokin some refeer ill put on some pink floyd. but if im headin to the beach ill spin some beach boys
    nola, please take 17:10 out of your day and listen to Dogs, please [-O<
    and wake this isnt comparing bands per se, its just a vote of who you like to listen to moar. depending on my mood i mite go for pink floyd over the beach boys. for example if im just chillin in my room smokin some refeer ill put on some pink floyd. but if im headin to the beach ill spin some beach boys
    {Upload|6558}
    i illegally downloaded the entire animals cd, maybe ill listen to it tonite before bed
    yeah. that is why I dont have any real issue with you choosing BB over PF. I made my post because you and hood were starting to get into comparing songs... So I was just trying to stop that before it happened because like I said, comparing BB songs to PF songs is a meaningless exercise.

i illegally downloaded the entire animals cd, maybe ill listen to it tonite before bed
    it's not my favorite album of theirs.
    please just listen to the song Dogs, that's all i'm asking, I think you'll have a different opinion if you listen to that song... and the entire album is great, just put it on, sit back and listen to the banddassness of Floyd B-)