Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

MARCH MADNESS OF MUSIC 60s to 90s

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i have heard quite a bit of pink floyd and i prefer songs like money because its a real song and doesnt get overdrawn out and its not to experimental. sometimes pink floyd is to strange for me with weird sounds and shit like rush would do. welcome to machine is a good example, i dont like any of that shit, it sounds like robot shit. half of pink floyd i think is real good but the other half is just not relly my cup of tea. are there songs that are really good of them that i prob havent heard yet? more than likely, so i will listen to more of them. and i d/l that animals album and have listened to it a little bit and it didnt grab me at all, but i dont think its one of those quick listen albums so i will need to give it a few more listens
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I stick by my story forever, Pink Floyd is the greates band to ever unite. Me and you agree on alot of music, but this is not one of those times. If i had a choice to listen to one band the rest of my life, it would be floyd. I think you should grab the pulse DVD, sit back relax and you'll be extremely impressed. I just think you never really got into floyd and you have it stuck in your head that they are some kind of robot type experimental band and that's just not the case. If you give them a chance and listen to them, you will like, I have no doubt about it. Welcome to the Machine is not one of my favorite song either, it is an experimental song, that's why floyd is so great, they have so much variety in their music also mixed with alot of simplicity and simply jamming out. you need to open up man, Floyd is great broseph, you have a fron in fron of them that is simply a false complex of the band. btw, i donot love every floyd song, the song on th run drives me insane, i cannot stand that song. but there are only a very few songs by floyd that i donnot like, the majority of their music is great toi me. I really wish you would give them a better listen, from a bro to a bro.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Lol, The Doors are not overrated. Jim Morrison was a genius.

DOORS 1
    TOM WAITS 2
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    DOORS 2
    TOM WAITS 2
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    DOORS 3
    TOM WAITS 2
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    DOORS 4
    TOM WAITS 2
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    nobody counted my vote

Doors 5
    Tom Waits 2
    Lol, The Doors are not overrated. Jim Morrison was a genius.
    Theyre a great band that I like alot, they just shouldnt be in the best ever category like they are. They are definately overrated. I still really dig The Doors and listen to them frequently, imo they aren't on the same level as The Beatles and Pink Floyd. If Morrison hadn't dide and they kept making music, I have no doubt in my mind they would be one of the greatest bands ever, that just didn't happen. I like them alot, theyre just a little overrated.
    even though this is the one of the most overplayed songs on the radio, this is still my favorite doors song, i like the breakdown into psychedlic solos and then the buildup into the last vers, i love it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flOvM4Z355A

what this band would have been hadn't he died :-(
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    even though this is the one of the most overplayed songs on the radio, this is still my favorite doors song, i like the breakdown into psychedlic solos and then the buildup into the last vers, i love it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flOvM4Z355A

what this band would have been hadn't he died :-(
    They probably would've faded into a mediocre band, just like all bands with longevity do.
    There's a few bands that kept on strong throughout the years, I think The Doors were talented and smart enough to get better as time wore on. The were in their own category as far as it comes to music genres, they mixed blues/rock/psychedelic/jazz all together and did it well.

The sad thing is, we'll never know...
    doors win

BOB SEGER 0
    BOSTON 0
    BOB SEGER 1
    BOSTON 0
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Bob Seger 1
    Boston 1
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod