Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

MARCH MADNESS OF MUSIC 60s to 90s

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I just changed my last vote because of your skunk comment.

BEACH BOYS 3
    CLASH 1
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Who was born in a house full of pain.
    Who was trained not to spit in the fan.
    Who was told what to do by the man.
    Who was broken by trained personnel.
    Who was fitted with collar and chain.
    Who was given a pat on the back.
    Who was breaking away from the pack.
    Who was only a stranger at home.
    Who was ground down in the end.
    Who was found dead on the phone.
    Who was dragged down by the stone.

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    BEACH BOYS 3
    CLASH 2

god damn thats a tough call
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    BEACH BOYS 3
    CLASH 3
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    BEACH BOYS 3
    CLASH 4
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    BEACH BOYS 4
    CLASH 4
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    BEACH BOYS 5
    CLASH 4
    beach boys win

DOORS 0
    TOM WAITS 0
    DOORS 0
    TOM WAITS 1
    DOORS 0
    TOM WAITS 2

I know I'm gonna catch heat for this, but idgaf... The Doors are overrated.
    i dont think they are but waits is a whole nuther level
    The Doors are great, but they shouldn't be put in a category with The BEatles or Pink Floyd and they are.
    the doors are one of my favorite bands and was only around for 6 years and have over 50 unbelievable tunes. I love the keys as well, IMO manzarek is stil the best organist in popular music hands down. plus jim was such a great frontman. i think they should be one tier under the beatles but def in the same category as pink floyd
    No way in hell, PF made great music for 40+ years, theyre some of the best musicians and performers I have personally ever seen. The Doors are a really good band, but they're not great. The Animals album tears up anything The Doors have ever done.

...and while we are on the subject, put me on record as saying Pink Floyd is better then The Beatles also.

Floyd > Beatles > DOors
    Waters is one of the best song writers this centuray has seen, Gilmour is one of the best guitar players alive. The way they added all those instruments and the arrangement of their songs is fucking genius. Noone in the world will ever bring what PF bought to the table.
    edited March 2011
    i guess it depends what you look for in music, i dont look for giant epic sounding tracks most of the time. i usually liked stripped down blues driven rock n roll with a little punch added to it. metal heads always want the most epic guitars, the fastest drums etc. I look for none of that stuff, my music is all about the feel of the song and sometimes i think floyd gets away from that where the doors do not
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2011
    I dont consider myself a metalhead. I like metal, but I'm into alot more different styles of music also not just metal. I would go see Buckethead anyday over a metal band, and I would go see any hardcore band over metal. youre wrong about me, I like the raw shit also. and Pink Floyd has absolutely nothing to do with metal. With Floyd you get the Epic sounding tracks along with the stripped down blues driven rock also, just listen to the song "money" i'm sure you've heard of it before. it's one of simplest riffs made into a masterpiece. Also check out alot of Floyd's older stuff, you'll be very surprised at all the different styles the impliment into their tunes. They have alot of straight up rock/blues/jazz/funk/acoustic, ect... songs and they also bring all those genre's together in other tracks and make epic songs. They are a one in a lifetime band. I really wish you would download their shit and listen to every album. They put out 7 albums before Darkside of the Moon and I think you would like, you just have to listen.